the end of morality and civility

Author: TheDredPriateRoberts

Total: 79
TheDredPriateRoberts
Debates: 0
TheDredPriateRoberts

not one person had condemned or punished him for what he said, when you can attack someone and involve their children in that setting without reprisal that should say a lot about the state of society.  they have NO moral authority over President Trump.

interesting how that furthers division and harmony in our society, gotta fire up the riots and looters I guess.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
i'm sorry, what in that video was supposed to be punishable behavior? 

Cedric Richmond says that he wants to get meaningful legislation passed. Matt gaetz tries to distract the conversation by pretending Cedric said none of them had family of color, which Cedric never said. Cedric got annoyed that Matt Gaetz was being a disruptive asshole and said that he cares about children suffering, even Matt's kids. He also said he cares more about them that Matt does since Matt fights hard to prevent meaningful reform from taking place, thus proving he doesn't care if black people suffer. 

It all seemed pretty straight forward to me. 
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Also, it's telling that civility and morality are super important now, but when trump says he sexually assaults women or that white supremacists are "good people", for some reason civility doesn't matter. 

either civility matters, at which point you must agree trump is the worst politician in the country, or it doesn't matter. You can't play it both ways when it suits you. 
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
Each time I rewatch this clip, the dumber mat gaetz's performance is. I mean it is just such ridiculously stupid outrage.

"How dare you care about my family!!!". "How dare you fight for my families rights!!". 

Matt looks like such a jackass. It is a painfully obvious straw man argument. 
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@HistoryBuff
yeah the left attacked Barron Trump when he was like 14, so I can see why you think it's ok, I'm not surprised you think it's ok to attack someone's family who has nothing to do with politics.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
yeah the left attacked Barron Trump when he was like 14
I don;'t condone attacking children. But no one did that in this clip. Cedric said he cares about everyone's children. Matt then used a straw man argument to try to distract and pretend like Cedric somehow attacked children. Which he didn't. 

Bottom line, this is a standard republican tactic. Pretend your opponent said something they didn't. Cry and feign outrage. Play the victim to try to discredit someone when you have no real way of responding to what they are saying. 

It is sad and pathetic. The fact that you think this clip somehow makes Cedric look bad is also sad. Doubly so because you defend trump, the least civil (and probably least moral) politician in america while simultaneously pretending like a politician trying to protect people from abuse is somehow the problem. 
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Actually,  it has been lawfully permissible for a black man to talk back to a white man for decades.

And no, just because an unmarried congressman in his 30's has been living alone in a house with a Cuban teenager since the boy was 12 does not make Gaetz an authority on black parenting.  He calls him his son today but never revealed his existence of his son during multiple political campaigns or any other context before today.  I hope journalists are looking hard into the nature and legality of that relationship now.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@oromagi
what he chooses to reveal is his person business and no one else, personal life involving children should not be used in politics, children should not be used as swords in politics, I know the leftist don't agree with that because they pretend some moral superiority when in fact most are a-moral.

playing the color card has been a very old ploy of the leftist as well, dismissing someone or discounting their opinion because of the skin color, when they know nothing about the person is nothing new, neither is the hypocrisy. 

more racial division, the leftist is pro at that and winning, contratz.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Sounds like something organized crime would do, attack the family.
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
--> @oromagi
what he chooses to reveal is his person business and no one else, personal life involving children should not be used in politics,
Well let's recall that Gaetz is the one arguing that he can't be a racist because he has  a secret non-white adopted son (never mind that his guest to the State of the Union was a writer known for his contributions to  the Neo-Nazi's Daily Stormer website.  Then it turns that he was lying about adoption.  Then it turns out that he's been introducing the boy for years as an employee or a political volunteer.  I think the authorities have a legitimate responsibility to investigate the circumstances under which a single 30 year old starts co-habitating with a 12 year old immigrant boy.  The boy seems to travel with Gaetz to DC.  Does the boy go to school?  Who was the boy's parental authority at school, since we know it was not Gaetz?

children should not be used as swords in politics, I know the leftist don't agree with that because they pretend some moral superiority when in fact most are a-moral.
So then you agree that Gaetz should not have publicly outed his son/cabana boy as  evidence that he is not a racist?

So then you agree that yesterday, Trump ought not to have manipulated a CNN story about racial harmony between toddlers to create a false narrative of racial tension?  Should Trump apologize to those two boys (now 3 years old for using them as a political sword?

So then you agree that Trump ought not to have publicly mocked a 16 year old girl's disability on twitter multiple times over the last year, calling Thunberg's Asperger's Syndrome an "anger management problem"?

So then you agree that the Trump, Gaetz, and most of the Republican Party ought not to be trying to manufacture charges against Hunter Biden just because he is the son of Trump's political rival?

So then you agree that Trump ought not to imprison tens of thousands of immigrant children (70,000 in 2019)to promote a political goal of "zero tolerance", separating at least 5000 from their parents, exposing thousands to sex abuse, forcing at least 300 to take psychotropic drugs (to keep them quiet), and killing at least seven kids in 2019?

playing the color card has been a very old ploy of the leftist as well, dismissing someone or discounting their opinion because of the skin color, when they know nothing about the person is nothing new, neither is the hypocrisy. 
Confronting racism is not "playing the color card," it  is a moral imperative for all loyal Americans, who hold as the first and primary truth of America, that all humans are created equal.  That's not a left vs right thing.  It is a good vs evil thing.  Let's note the traditional American right (Goldwater Republicans, Reagan/Bush Republicans)  has been rejecting the inherent racism of Trumpocracy for many years.

Mary Elizabeth Taylor, who was a loyal right winger, a loyal Trumpist and the most senior ranking  black woman appointed by Trump (Assistant Secretary of State) resigned yesterday to protest Trump's  overt and unacceptable racism

"The President’s comments and actions surrounding racial injustice and Black Americans cut sharply against my core values and convictions. I must follow the dictates of my conscience and resign as Assistant Secretary of State for Legislative Affairs.”

It not some leftist perception that our government is in the hands of racists, it is an affliction that both the loyal left and loyal right must work  together to excise.

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@oromagi
yeah one black man speaks for all and they all know and can understand his experience, ask any leftist about the black monolith.  classic and typical.
Whatever you think Gaetz did wrong that justifies the response?  Rhetorical question of course a leftist would say yes, rather than saying he should have been the bigger/better man and not stooped to the level.  I love the derogatory things you said about him and his son even though you know absolutely nothing about him, but feel righteous enough to judge him.  You are a fine example of the leftist.  Keep up the hypocrisy your excelling in it.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Whatever you think Gaetz did wrong that justifies the response?
gaetz is a toxic shit. He has proven he doesn't give a shit about lots of people. Saying you care more about children of color than he does is not a response that really needs to be justified. It is reality. =

Rhetorical question of course a leftist would say yes, rather than saying he should have been the bigger/better man and not stooped to the level.
but this is sort of the problem. Cedric is talking about the issue. He is talking about trying to fix the problem. Matt tries to sabotage that conversation by making it personal and succeeds in baiting out a comment he can take offense from and be able to play the victim. If matt weren't a toxic little shit, he would have been talking about the issue and not have made it personal so he could play the victim. 

oromagi
oromagi
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Why are you ignoring all those questions I asked you?

So then you agree that Gaetz should not have publicly outed his son/cabana boy as  evidence that he is not a racist?

So then you agree that yesterday, Trump ought not to have manipulated a CNN story about racial harmony between toddlers to create a false narrative of racial tension?  Should Trump apologize to those two boys (now 3 years old for using them as a political sword?

So then you agree that Trump ought not to have publicly mocked a 16 year old girl's disability on twitter multiple times over the last year, calling Thunberg's Asperger's Syndrome an "anger management problem"?

So then you agree that the Trump, Gaetz, and most of the Republican Party ought not to be trying to manufacture charges against Hunter Biden just because he is the son of Trump's political rival?

So then you agree that Trump ought not to imprison tens of thousands of immigrant children (70,000 in 2019)to promote a political goal of "zero tolerance", separating at least 5000 from their parents, exposing thousands to sex abuse, forcing at least 300 to take psychotropic drugs (to keep them quiet), and killing at least seven kids in 2019? 

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@oromagi
@HistoryBuff
you don't have to explain, I get it you are justifying bad and imo horrible behavior because the other person started it, I remember the playground and elementary school and it's common for siblings to say "they started it"  and yet the left still tries to claim some moral superiority, you are letting your ideology blind you imo.

it's whatbout isms,  Oromagi is posted up a whole bunch and wonders why I ignored them.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
The left has no intention of cleaning house. Hence...Joe Biden.
PressF4Respect
Debates: 10
PressF4Respect
-->
@oromagi
What are you doin' here, brother? The Political Forumlands are no place for an upstanding, respectable netizen of DART like you.
There ain't any reason here, nor civility.
The inhospitable environment here only breeds the nastiest of squabblers, whose vicious tongues harass all but the most conservative of dwellers.
Beware of the strawmen, for they are aplenty and mighty ferocious. I've got the scars to prove that.
They will mangle your argument into an unrecognizable slurry, which the trumpophiles then feed off of.
And whatever you do, do not pursue the creatures when they retreat.
They will lure you down their caverns into a trap, where they slay and feast upon your sanity.
Turn back now, before it's too late. Your soul will thank you later.

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
you don't have to explain, I get it you are justifying bad and imo horrible behavior because the other person started it, I remember the playground and elementary school and it's common for siblings to say "they started it"  and yet the left still tries to claim some moral superiority, you are letting your ideology blind you imo.
No, it is nothing like that because i fundamentally don't agree it is bad behaviour. Matt goes out of his way trying to force the conversation away from the issue Cedric is discussing and trying to create a situation where he (matt) can cry and play the victim. He succeeded in getting a relatively mild comment out of cedric at which point he milked the hell out of the "how dare you say such a thing!!" argument. 

This sort of distraction by crying just shows how weak people like matt are. They will continuously talk about how the left needs a "safe space" but then whines and cries about a comment he baited out of his opponent. It is sad and pathetic. 

it's whatbout isms,  Oromagi is posted up a whole bunch and wonders why I ignored them.
it isn't whataboutisms at all. Cedric's comment was extremely mild. all he said was that he cares about children of color more than matt does. On a scale of severity, that is super low. Simply on the issue you want to talk about, this is nothing. We then segue into you whining about how terrible this guy is for saying he cares about black kids because he isn't being "civil" enough, while simultaneously supporting trump who has : banged and bribed hookers, made many many misogynist comments, commented white supremacists etc. The idea that Cedric's comment is somehow horrible, but you think trump is a hero shows how fundamentally intellectually dishonest you are. 
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
The left has no intention of cleaning house. Hence...Joe Biden.
joe biden is not on the left. he does not represent the left. The left would love to clean house. Unfortunately that isn't possible right now. 

I don't know much about cedric. I had never heard of him before this clip. but based solely on this clip I see nothing wrong with him. 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
@HistoryBuff
I just now saw the clip. The black guy was just being a typical democrat, saying a democrat knows what's best over an actual parent. That the government should be raising kids, not fathers. I don't see it as a racial attack. Just a difference in ideologies.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
I just now saw the clip. The black guy was just being a typical democrat, saying a democrat knows what's best over an actual parent. That the government should be raising kids, not fathers. I don't see it as a racial attack. Just a difference in ideologies.
In that clip the black guy is discussing a police reform bill. This conversation had nothing to do with governments telling people how to raise their kids. Gaetz was trying to force the conversation in that direction so he could cry and play the victim. 

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@HistoryBuff
I assume you don't have children but your parents did.  If someone told your parent that they cared more about you than they did what type of a reaction would you expect?  What would there to be gained from making such an inflammatory statement do you think?

you say extremely mild?  you obviously aren't a parent, and they he adds insult to injury by asking him if he struck a nerve?  

sadly I thought you had come along way in your development and maturity then I read this

simultaneously supporting trump who has : banged and bribed hookers, made many many misogynist comments, commented white supremacists etc.
but you think trump is a hero shows how fundamentally intellectually dishonest you are. 
you just can't break out of that old lying habit, not yet anyway, though I thought you had made great progress and I un-ignored you, I'm disappointed actually, no idea why you would revert back like that, sad.

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Greyparrot
minor children should not be any part of any of it imo.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
I mean the guy literally said he was clearly more concerned for the welfare of Gaetz' child than Gaetz was. That's a solid Democrat ideology. That government controlled by a Democrat oligarchy knows better than a deplorable parent. Especially the 77% fatherless black children in Democrat-run urban dystopias.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
I mean the guy literally said he was clearly more concerned for the welfare of Gaetz' child than Gaetz was. 
to be fair. Gaetz is unmarried and has no children. So it's not like the guy was actually talking about a real world situation. it was hypothetical. And yes gaetz has subsequently come out and said he has had a boy living with him. 

That's a solid Democrat ideology. That government controlled by a Democrat oligarchy knows better than a deplorable parent.
except that the discussion has absolutely nothing to do with that. It has nothing to do with parenting at all. Gaetz wants it to be about that because he knows it plays well to his base, as it is doing with you 2 right now. 

The issue is that the democrats are trying to pass police reform to protect the rights and safety of black people and the republicans are doing everything they can to water it down, block it, or just distract from it. 
PressF4Respect
Debates: 10
PressF4Respect
-->
@Greyparrot
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Cedric Richmond is talking about one thing, and then Matt Gaetz goes off on a tangent and moves the conversation onto a completely different topic, completely sidestepping the issue at hand to demonize Richmond's character in an attempt to discredit his argument. But then again, what else did anyone expect him (and others like him) to do?

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
I assume you don't have children but your parents did.  If someone told your parent that they cared more about you than they did what type of a reaction would you expect?  What would there to be gained from making such an inflammatory statement do you think?
Gaetz baited that comment. He was trying to get the conversation to shift that way so he could play the victim. Cedric is trying to talk about a real issue and save lives. Gaetz is trying to score personal points and cry. Do you really think it is Cedric that is the problem?

you say extremely mild?  you obviously aren't a parent, and they he adds insult to injury by asking him if he struck a nerve?  
this is just sad. Cedric was talking about the issue. Matt was trying to prevoke him to change the conversation. If gaetz had been doing his job and discussing the actual topic at hand, then there would be no outrage for you to cry about. 

you just can't break out of that old lying habit, not yet anyway, though I thought you had made great progress and I un-ignored you, I'm disappointed actually, no idea why you would revert back like that, sad.
so to clarify, do you think that trump is "civil"? Or do you think that civility only matters when it is a democrat? 
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
whataboutism is the justification of a misdeed by pointing out another's  similar misdeed.

SInce I find no fault with Rep Richmond's remarks (white dads have less reason to  worry  about their sons getting murdered by the government than black dads) I see no need to justify.  Instead I am addressing the principles you laid out

• Rep Richmond should be condemned and punished  for saying that  white dads have less reason to worry about their sons getting murdered by the government than black dads because "children should not be used in politics"  But Richmond was talking about the fatherhood and spoke of children in only the most generic terms
  • You have stated as your subject that the absence of punishment and reprisal for Richmond represents "the end of morality and civility" but Richmond's remarks harmed no children, merely called out the ignorance of old white men
    • On the other hand yesterday,  Gaetz used an immigrant boy by falsely calling him his adopted son when up until yesterday he introduced him as "the help" to protect Gaetz from accusations of unconcious bias.
    • On the other hand yesterday, Trump used two 3 year old boys by falsely doctoring a video to look like a racist incident and calling it news to promote the idea that Democrats are more racist than Republicans
    • On the other hand Trump mocked a 16 year old's disability to promote opposition to climate science.
    • On the other hand most Republicans promote the many investigations into Hunter Biden although you were just criticizing HistoryBuff for attacking "someone's family who has nothing to do with politics"
    • On the other hand, Trump has badly misused tens of thousand of children to promote his cred amount his white supremacist electorate- tortured, drugged, orphaned, and even murdered children for corrupt political gain.
Your thesis is that to restore morality and civility, a black congressman should be condemned and punished for suggesting that white fathers know less about parenting black boys than black fathers on the principle that children don't belong in politics. 

Aren't these many current examples of Republican child abuse far more deserving of condemnation and punishment than Richmond's mild, generic rebuke?  If not, why not?  Does your version of morality and civility demand that only Democrats be punished for child abuse?  Or is it only that black congressmen ought to be punished for criticizing their white superiors?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@PressF4Respect
Cedric Richmond is talking about one thing, and then Matt Gaetz goes off on a tangent and moves the conversation onto a completely different topic, completely sidestepping the issue at hand to demonize Richmond's character in an attempt to discredit his argument. But then again, what else did anyone expect him (and others like him) to do?

I don't think Cedric did anything "morally wrong" by stating a solid Democrat principle. That a government of elite oligarchs knows best over a parent, Especially the 77% fatherless black children in Democrat-run urban dystopias.

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
I don't think Cedric did anything "morally wrong" by stating a solid Democrat principle. That a government of elite oligarchs knows best over a parent, Especially the 77% fatherless black children in Democrat-run urban dystopias.
cedric never mentioned parenting. He is talking about police reform. He is talking about caring enough about them to reform the system killing them. Please stop engaging in the same straw man arguement gaetz did. 

oromagi
oromagi
-->
@PressF4Respect
What are you doin' here, brother? The Political Forumlands are no place for an upstanding, respectable netizen of DART like you.
There ain't any reason here, nor civility.
The inhospitable environment here only breeds the nastiest of squabblers, whose vicious tongues harass all but the most conservative of dwellers.
Beware of the strawmen, for they are aplenty and mighty ferocious. I've got the scars to prove that.
They will mangle your argument into an unrecognizable slurry, which the trumpophiles then feed off of.
And whatever you do, do not pursue the creatures when they retreat.
They will lure you down their caverns into a trap, where they slay and feast upon your sanity.
Turn back now, before it's too late. Your soul will thank you later.
I know.  I've taken two showers already and I still smell like swamp