-->
@oromagi
I don't get what you mean but think we're generally on the same page
RationalMadman
Debates: 567
RationalMadman
-->
@warren42
Yes he does. He just wants to bully me into outing. Well spotted.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@oromagi
True but it's role madness.  We should assume that town has a lot of powers.  If character has no thematic utility then perhaps we can make character claim work for us by generating mafia lies that can be countered or tested.
Idk if you remember but early on in the DP I said we should get claims from people selectively. Behavior is more important. Popcorning characters has no value cause characters can be linked to a plethora of roles. When I create games sometimes I have to stretch the roles a bit to fit with the characters. It’s best to selectively demand character and role because latter has insanely higher chance of being CCed in a role madness game.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@warren42
So you think he's town?
I think his play is scummy whether or not he’s scum and deserves to be Policy lynched. His behavior says he’s scum. He’s claiming that townies would resist giving information to justify his claim that he’s town. I’m saying scum would do the same thing. I’m not saying this, the elders of Mafia said that in a game I played on DDO in my early days.
Crocodile
Debates: 22
Crocodile
UNVOTE
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ILikePie5
Think for yourself, not ddo elders. They were gang mentality too.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@RationalMadman
Think for yourself, not ddo elders. They were gang mentality too.
They were way better than any of us. That’s how every game has been played. You get pressured to full claim, you full claim. If you don’t you get lynched. Plain and simple.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@ILikePie5
--> @oromagi
True but it's role madness.  We should assume that town has a lot of powers.  If character has no thematic utility then perhaps we can make character claim work for us by generating mafia lies that can be countered or tested.
Idk if you remember but early on in the DP I said we should get claims from people selectively. Behavior is more important. Popcorning characters has no value cause characters can be linked to a plethora of roles. When I create games sometimes I have to stretch the roles a bit to fit with the characters. It’s best to selectively demand character and role because latter has insanely higher chance of being CCed in a role madness game..
True but your odds of forcing town to out power roles in a role madness game is higher than your odds of forcing mafia, right?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@oromagi
True but your odds of forcing town to out power roles in a role madness game is higher than your odds of forcing mafia, right?
Sure the odds are against us either way. But we have to start somewhere. Roles can be malleable cause one character can fit many roles. Mass character claiming or popcorning doesn’t give us much information because everyone will just claim their character.
warren42
warren42
-->
@ILikePie5
Refusal to claim is usually anti-town, I agree. In this case it's pretty anti-town too, but I still think he's town. RM defies most of my expectations of a typical player (that's not necessarily bad) and I think you're not taking that into account.

The way you worded it implied to me that you either thought he was town and were voting him as policy anyway or betrayed that you knew he was town and was a perspective slip. Your explanation makes me feel a bit better, but I'm still a little leery.

By the way, I feel better about oro at this point. Essentially at null.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ILikePie5
No they weren't lol. Wtf are you suggesting? That there's a direct correlation with the earliness date one began playing mafia and their ability at it? Whike obviously experience is a factor (especially micro-experience for honed in reads on particular users and communities) there is absolutely nothing suggesting what you're saying is true. I know for a fact that they were far more arrogant and less rational than the DART crowd (which they're part of actually). The culture here lets players think for themsleves a little more but players like yourself keep that from truly blossoming.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@warren42
Oro is only sweet-talking, he's never unvoted me and reduced the pressure on me if you ignore his words.
Crocodile
Debates: 22
Crocodile
-->
@ILikePie5
@warren42
@oromagi
could you give me a few posts where RM was scummy? I'm losing brain cells right now looking over a 300+ forum thread
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@RationalMadman
I know for a fact that they were far more arrogant and less rational than the DART crowd (which they're part of actually). The culture here lets players think for themsleves a little more but players like yourself keep that from truly blossoming.
That has nothing to with playing mafia according to strategical means. It’s inherently scummy to not claim when pressured to do so, whether you like it or not. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Crocodile
could you give me a few posts where RM was scummy? I'm losing brain cells right now looking over a 300+ forum thread
It’s mainly the fact that he refuses to full claim when pressured to do so. It could be interpreted as scum refusing to claim for fear of being CCed or town being stubborn and being anti town in the process. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ILikePie5
No it isn't. It is inherently abti-town to cave in and out a role fast as soon as pressure comes. I don't want mafiato know my role and I have a good reason why. I've said my piece. Stop @'ing me, it's annoying. You're blocked temporarily.
warren42
warren42
-->
@Crocodile
He's not
PressF4Respect
Debates: 10
PressF4Respect
-->
@warren42
No I read 136, which is the fucking problem. You say "You went in on Oro and User." Let's see what you consider "going in on"
  • User
    • "Why is crocodile probably town?"
    • "What makes you think RM is too hard to read? After all we are only like an hour into the day."
Why ask him a specific question about a specific thing he said if you don't plan on ripping into him further? This just seems like you trying to get an inexperienced player to slip up and then wagon them.

Man. I sure did "go in on" him. Asking him two questions about his reads. Sure was harsh. Maybe the mods should ban me for how hard I went in on him. I can't believe I was so terribly rude to him.
Strawman.

After that I can't imagine the harsh things I said to oro...
  • Oro
    • "Oro said he "probably" wasn't vanilla in a game where speed explicitly stated in signups there were no vanillas. That's legitimately suspicious."
Oh wow, casting suspicion on someone for a post they made. How nefarious!
You tried to put a role into Oro's mouth based off of the softclaim he made and scumread him based off of that. Yeah...

Weird way to admit that you aren't reading the thread... #95
When I said "where", I was looking for a post number. In #95 you just said "SEE YOU DID IT AGAIN". I explained it in #136, which you ignored half of and twisted the other.

In #113 I then talk about how his mod psych stuff about theme is more likely to come from town in my opinion.
Post #113:
Everyone else, do we think RM is more likely to insist speed has made a subconscious theme split and work on analyzing it as scum or town?

I'm slightly inclined to go with the latter.
All you said here was that he did X, therefore he could be town or scum. You then went on to say that he was a townread for this, again without explanation.

I reiterate a combination of the two, as well as just some other general liking of his thought process and that I think it's townie, in #209.
Post #209:
I think he's wrong but I like his thought process, I think he's town.
Again, no explanation.

Then, you apparently ignored when I tagged you and gave you some more reasoning in #228 (because why bother actually reading my arguments when you already know my alignment, right?) about how he's come to conclusions (mod psych, existence of third party, etc) I disagree with, but that the way he went about reaching them felt as if he's town.
How does the way that he went about reaching them lead you to believe he's town?

Post #228:
I have a single townread that I have qualified earlier by saying that the strength of it was unwarranted and essentially gut, and since I've essentially said I think he's wrong on just about everything but his thought process reads town to me.
Again, no explanation on how his thought process reads town.

It would probably be too much to ask for a claim, since I guess you are going to blatantly refuse and lash out at others, just like RM.
And then this is just blatantly being a dick for no reason. Super cool, love playing with people who are rude just because they can be.
Saying that it would be too much to ask for a claim is "being a dick for no reason"? What?

If I asked you for a claim, would you claim? My guess is no but you can prove me wrong.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@warren42
He's not
He’s being anti-town.
WaterPhoenix
Debates: 12
WaterPhoenix
Ok, this whole thing just seems kinda weird to me. RM being extremely extremely forceful. The OP has it clearly stated that there is no theme split but RM insists there is based off of only seeing his dm. He insists on lynching oromagi because he's third party (and scum??) with basically no substantial evidence other than, "Ah god, I'm a genius and speed must've made a theme split". I have no idea if this is how RM playes as town, never backing down on his opinions. But, that blocking of oro was extremely rm-like which contributes to his town cred. And there's warren who still insists on defending RM. I don't think warren would be that stupid as mafia but maybe he would. RM's role claim was basically useless in a game with no thematic split. I'm kinda indecisive right now. 
WaterPhoenix
WaterPhoenix
-->
@RationalMadman
What do you think theme split is? You said there was one that proved oro was tp right. I'm willing to take your side if you can prove that oro is tp based off of the theme split you think is occuring.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@WaterPhoenix
There is no theme split. This was MOD CONFIRMED info. Why are people still pressing on this?
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@Crocodile
I don't see much evidence for scum as such.  DP1 is always scant evidence.  So, I'm looking for the player who is helping the least, which is usually an inactive.  In this case, RM is just blasting accusations without a much consideration or analysis.  He's been fully confident I am scum even before he actually read the OP to discover no villains vs. heroes and no thematic split.  Does over-analysis without reason equate to scum?  No.  In fact, if I were RM's scum partners I'd be asking him to dial it down like 90% so the odds are probably better that he's not scum.  That said, its the same gameplay as last game where he was also certain I was scum from the start and it turned out he was in fact scum.  Mostly I am VTL'ing RM now to communicate the idea that at this level of game play,  alignment is secondary to the disruption of town's fact finding.
Vader
Vader
Seriously. Stop fucking believing there is a theme split when it's mod confirmed no theme split. This is the worst fucking argument ever with the theme split 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Vader
There is no theme split. This was MOD CONFIRMED info. Why are people still pressing on this?
+1

PressF4Respect
Debates: 10
PressF4Respect
Oh boy, RM is now taking this personally because we caught his shenanigans. 

He is essentially playing the same way that he did last game when town outed him in DP3 (trying to deflect the attention onto others), except this time with extra spice.

VTL RM
Vader
Vader
But let's make it clear too

Justification =/= theme split

Theme split= themed affiliations, eg: Good vs Bad
Justification= reason for role

Vader
Vader
-->
@PressF4Respect
Spice? That's an understatement. More like the taste of a Carolina Reaper Pepper
WaterPhoenix
WaterPhoenix
-->
@Vader
Wait damn there isn't? Why the hell is RM still insistent on lynching oro then? Literally OMGUS now.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Remov my tr on press, he merely bided time. There js zero logic in him suddenly going back to scumreading me here.

Oro, press and bearman are my strongest scumrwads, pie is likely.

Town includes warren, littlecookie and supadudz. Very likely, WP too based onnwhat he just asked me to clarify.