Read-only
Total: 410
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@oromagi
@PressF4Respect
How do you feel about Warren’s belief in not pressuring inactives?
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@Vader
@warren42
@skittlez09
I've said this before and I'll say it again, voting people who straight up haven't posted makes no sense unless you're doing it to actually just go ahead and lynch them for not posting
I am always fine with lynching inactives.

I will join any lynch on Supa or Cookie at present

oromagi
oromagi
-->
@ILikePie5
How do you feel about Warren’s belief in not pressuring inactives?

non-indicative
User_2006
Debates: 50
User_2006
-->
@BearMan
So, there is no evidence that I am mafia? The link is not helpful in anyway.
skittlez09
Debates: 1
skittlez09
-->
@oromagi
im here bro 
PressF4Respect
Debates: 10
PressF4Respect
-->
@ILikePie5
I'm not too sure. Warren was inactive in your game for the first 3 DPs and responded to Oro's scumread of him by saying that "it happens from time to time."

But I don't know if this has always been his stance.
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@skittlez09
Alrighty. Current reads, please.
skittlez09
skittlez09
-->
@PressF4Respect
i dont really have an opinion on anyone at the moment 

as far as RM is concerned this is just what he does in mafia games scum or not scum so its pretty hard to tell 
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@skittlez09
What do you think of Warren, Bear, User, and Croc?
warren42
warren42
-->
@PressF4Respect
Warren also seems very belligerent, like he's trying to get something out of every little statement. This type of nitpickiness looks like scum trying to make someone crack early and get a quick wagon on them.

This is straight up not true, there's only one post that you could even possibly argue that about, and that's me prompting user to actually substantiate reads.
skittlez09
skittlez09
-->
@PressF4Respect
warren and bear are acting normal same with user 

croc acting calm and rational is kinda weird considering what hes normally like 
oromagi
oromagi
SInce there is no thematic split, is there any advantage to holding back on character claims?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@PressF4Respect
I'm not too sure. Warren was inactive in your game for the first 3 DPs and responded to Oro's scumread of him by saying that "it happens from time to time."

But I don't know if this has always been his stance.
True true. Ig we just differ. It’s always been my policy to lynch inactives
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@oromagi
SInce there is no thematic split, is there any advantage to holding back on character claims?
Given the theme, there's probably a link between characters and roles.

warren42
warren42
-->
@ILikePie5
Inactive =/= 0 posters. If someone literally hasn't posted, they probably haven't been on. It's pointless to vote for someone who literally has not posted unless you're straight up going to lynch them.

I've taken this stance for quite awhile. I also advocate against lynching inactives but that's a different argument, I'd prefer to lose to inactive mafia because I don't feel like I actually lost a game like that. If I lose to an inactive mafia it's just like "oh well, nobody really won this game cause they weren't actually playing." I realize that stance is more a personal preference and won't fight for people to agree with me.

I specifically remember talking about this in a game awhile ago (between August and December because it was first semester, I can remember the classroom I was in when typing it.)
warren42
warren42
-->
@oromagi
Mine makes me think that there's a link between character and role, so mafia would be able to prioritize roles that are a greater threat to their wincon
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@warren42
You also latched onto Oro for his supposed "vanilla" claim. You only made 5 other posts up to that point, 2 of which weren't substantive at all. So yeah, 2 out of your 3 actual posts were pressuring others for their statements. 
warren42
warren42
-->
@PressF4Respect
Oro said he "probably" wasn't vanilla in a game where speed explicitly stated in signups there were no vanillas. That's legitimately suspicious.
oromagi
oromagi
oromagi
TOWN
warren42
ILikePie5
Bearman
RationalMadman
User_2006
Crocodile
WaterPhoenix
PressF4Respect
LittleCookie08
AWOL
SupaDudz
SCUM

UVC
LittleCookie08 (1/6) - Pie
SupaDudz (1/6) - Oro
User_2006(1/6)  - Croc
PressF4Respect (1/6) - Rat

oromagi
oromagi
-->
@PressF4Respect
Given the theme, there's probably a link between characters and roles.
Perhaps although the link between my character and role is quite weak. But if you're right doesn't early character claim favor town?  For example, if Kingpin was GODFATHER we'd force him to lie, which might get caught or increase by suspicion by providing a godfathery claim.
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@oromagi
Yes, but given the vast number of characters in the MCU, it would be easy for mafia to fakeclaim. Also, if that were the case, the power roles would very possibly be outed. 
WaterPhoenix
Debates: 12
WaterPhoenix
-->
@ILikePie5
Kinda a bit sus, not that much but I guess warren immediately taking rm's side does raise some flags. How will rm respond to this though?
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@PressF4Respect

> @oromagi
Yes, but given the vast number of characters in the MCU, it would be easy for mafia to fakeclaim. Also, if that were the case, the power roles would very possibly be outed. 
No vanillas, no goons, + role madness=we are all power roles. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@oromagi
Perhaps although the link between my character and role is quite weak. But if you're right doesn't early character claim favor town?  For example, if Kingpin was GODFATHER we'd force him to lie, which might get caught or increase by suspicion by providing a godfathery claim.
I’ve always been against any sort of claims unless there’s a consensus that we need a claim. Realistically there are more than enough villains considering how many movies there are in MCU. Selectivness is our best bet because in the chance we do force a Mafia member to claim, it will be harder and more likely to earn a CC. If it’s a town member then it will be pretty easy. Since there’s no link to affiliation based on characters thematic analysis is practically useless. In an event where we ask for someone to claim I’m all for a full claim at that point because character gives no new information.
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@oromagi
I know. What I said was that if we all claimed early, then scum would know who's who and who to eliminate first. That's what I meant by "outed". Also, scum would have a pretty easy time fakeclaiming, given the plethora of choices in the MCU.
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@ILikePie5
@WaterPhoenix
What concerns me the most about Warren's post #24 is that it was vague (using general adjectives like "pure" and "transparent", as well as saying "I dunno"), out of the blue, and was phrased as a response to a question (though there were no posts addressing him prior to #24).
RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
Kingpin can't be godfather unless.this.is daredevil's storyline. The OP says daredevil isn't a hero in this. Kingpin's nemesis is daredevil.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@PressF4Respect
You scumread me.in return and evwn more strangely noone buddies up to you (which if you're mafia and they're mafia is optimal, so it makes sense that they aren't doing it).

I am now certain of my lynch to a huge degree. Press has responded passive-aggressive and tried to reverse it onto me. That is the end of the discussion.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@WaterPhoenix
I will not respond to warren townreading me. I thank him for this and agree that I am the towniest player so far, but that goes without saying.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Me thanking him is worthless to the game's progress.

Oromagi is a third-party role based on his behaviour. I won't reveal his tells until later.