Author: Speedrace

Read-only
Total: 410
warren42
Debates: 2
warren42
-->
@PressF4Respect
I townread RM? I feel like I shouldn't have such a strong read so early but that all felt very pure and transparent? I dunno.
It's almost like I acknowledged how ridiculous the read was. You keep shifting the reasoning for why you scumread me.
PressF4Respect
Debates: 10
PressF4Respect
-->
@warren42
You keep shifting the reasoning for why you scumread me.
Where did I shift my reasoning?
RationalMadman
Debates: 567
RationalMadman
Wait a minute something is wrong. I am a villain yet I am sided with the town. I thought I am an antihero but I am just a villain!!!
Crocodile
Debates: 22
Crocodile
Oromagi is a third-party role based on his behaviour. I won't reveal his tells until later.

Who would be third party?

warren42
warren42
-->
@PressF4Respect
Well look, you just did it again!

I was originally nitpicky, then when I answered why I explained why I made both the posts I did, you didn't follow up on it. Instead, I was too vague for your liking (you know, the opposite of nitpicky) on a page 1 read that I even qualified by saying "I shouldn't townread him this strongly but I do"

Which one is it?

Why would scum be "nitpicky" on a new player by trying to push them to substantiate reads and actively participate? Or rather, why is that not something town could also do just as easily?

Why would scum throw out a vague townread on a player so early into the game?

Not only did you accuse me without reason, when I addressed it you completely dropped it and moved on to a completely different (even opposite) accusation, and when I addressed THAT you dropped THAT and focused on me saying you were shifting your focus instead of replying to my reasoning!
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Crocodile
I think that this is town villains vs villains vs thridparty villains.

The crtieria on which we are split seems to be based on the nature of the power or how we obtained it. The way I obtained my power(s) and/or nature of my power(s) seem to be my character's towny feature, if anything. It's possibly storyline-based but since this seems to be cross-movie it also implies it's cross-storyline.

warren42
warren42
-->
@RationalMadman
It's MCU Villains mafia. We're all villains in some capacity.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@RationalMadman
Wait a minute something is wrong. I am a villain yet I am sided with the town. I thought I am an antihero but I am just a villain!!!
So you gave us all those reads before reading the game concept?
warren42
warren42
-->
@RationalMadman
The crtieria on which we are split seems to be based on the nature of the power or how we obtained it.
From the OP:
There is no theme split between town and mafia. A "villain" is anyone who is classically considered a villain in the MCU movies. This includes characters that were originally villains but became heroes, or were originally heroes but became villains.
How did you have enough information to put together a guess as to the (nonexistent) theme split?
warren42
warren42
Like I'd think you'd need bare minimum two characters to venture a guess as to theme split
oromagi
oromagi
oromagi
TOWN
warren42
ILikePie5
Bearman
RationalMadman
User_2006
Crocodile
WaterPhoenix
PressF4Respect
LittleCookie08
AWOL
SupaDudz
SCUM

UVC
LittleCookie08 (1/6) - Pie
SupaDudz (1/6) - Oro
User_2006(1/6)  - Croc
PressF4Respect (1/6) - Rat

WaterPhoenix
Debates: 12
WaterPhoenix
-->
@PressF4Respect
Ok, well rm reacted to warren's praise in the most passive way possible which also happens to be the most townie was possible (although he may already know this). If he had been anything less than indifferent I think it would have felt extremely artificial.

oromagi
oromagi
-->
@warren42
Speed's OP: "There is no theme split between town and mafia."
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@warren42
There is definitely a theme split based on how speedrace inside his soul/mind sees characters as redeemable villains vs truly scim villains. No doubt about it, there's always a split.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Scum not scim
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@oromagi
He doesn't know it. He made a split subconsciously.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
From my own character, I can know exactly whst the split can't be. Then, out of what it can be and based on my knowledge of sepedrace, I can conclude that the most likely split lies in how the villains obtained their power(s) or something along those lines, such as what the power itself is.
warren42
warren42
-->
@oromagi
I think you meant to tag RM here?
WaterPhoenix
Debates: 12
WaterPhoenix
-->
@RationalMadman
What if he just put the characters through a randomizer...
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@warren42
He is third-party, do not pay attention to oromagi. Focus and keep interrogating me, it at least can help things progress from branch-out things from that.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@WaterPhoenix
I can't answer that without revealing my role or giving huge hints. My character matches its role very well. Most roles can indeed be twisted to fit either alignment so I won't talk further until we're at a mass-claim stage.

I doubt he randomised this.
warren42
warren42
-->
@RationalMadman
Alright well I'm not putting any effort into deciphering a theme split that the mod made subconsciously and forgive me, but I'll be putting no stock into your conclusions drawn from it either. By all means go ahead because your thought process might help us read you, but I really doubt it'll be useful.
warren42
warren42
Everyone else, do we think RM is more likely to insist speed has made a subconscious theme split and work on analyzing it as scum or town?

I'm slightly inclined to go with the latter.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@warren42
And why'd you doubt that or talk so condescending? Where's your useful input?
warren42
warren42
-->
@RationalMadman
I was trying to make that not sound condescending because I figured it'd be interpreted as such, so sorry. I doubt it because I don't think you're going to be able to get inside speed's head sufficiently to decipher something not even he was able to decipher.
warren42
warren42
I don't know how RM came to the conclusion of Oro being third party but I think a third party makes sense here. It's probably two mafia, and with everyone having a role of sorts they're probably underpowered compared to town, a third party would balance it somewhat...
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@warren42
Speedrace doesn't want us to believe there's a split. Do you know why? That is because we're all villains and it seems thst the function of balance in this game is that all characters are powerful (he explicitly stated no vanillas or goons) and that the thing weakening the town is that all character claims are scummy, aince we're all villains. The inly thing helping scum vs this overpowered town, therefore, is that their powers are hybrid powers. Meaning that absolutely noone has a power that's unique to scum-roles (or if they do it's maximum one of the team of what I assume is 3 or even funnier would be two teams of two or something). When we add on third-party roles, we begin to understand that the sole thing stopping town steamrolling this game is purely in the fact they don't think that there is a way to derive a split from character claims.

Yet, if it is true that there really is no way to tell from character claims, and if all/most scum roles are hybrid, enabling them to claim as town and prove themselves, then what would you i  Speedrace's shoes says balances it BACK in favour of town? Perhaps that the characters did have a split, a secret one, that only the smartest players could decipher and which lied in... I already said what.

Crocodile
Debates: 22
Crocodile
-->
@RationalMadman
Ok that makes a lot more sense. I thought mafia was heroes and third party would be like deadpool or something.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Crocodile
That's a scumslip lol. Why would you think that if you're a townsided villain like me?

I admit I thought that too, pre-game. I thought this was antiheroes vs villains but based on my character this is just pure villains vs villains.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Crocodile
Ohhh you thought mafia was heroes, sorry I misread.