I am responsible..............

Author: sadolite

Total: 210
HistoryBuff
Debates: 0
HistoryBuff
-->
@bmdrocks21
But sex without condoms affects me. I have to either pay for their children if they can’t afford them or I have to pay for them to murder their baby via abortion. So I SHOULD have a say in what they are doing since it adversely affects me.
no, not really. I mean a few pennies of your taxes might be used. You could argue that is an affect, but it is so negligible as to be practically non existent. 

Plus the whole STD spreading thing....
true, STDs do spread. But they spread much more slowly and much more predictably than covid. If you don't want to catch an STD, you just don't have sex, or use protection. Problem solved. There is no such method to protect yourself from Covid. Therefore more direct measures to control it's spread are required. 
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
It's not reasonable to force people and violate their rights,  healthy until proven ill.
Why? why is your right to comfort more important than other people's right to live? 

bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@HistoryBuff
As long as I have to pay for something, I should get a say in it.

But I’m more concerned with the hypocrisy here. Why don’t we shut down every business and force people to wear masks during flu season? You could be killing people with that. At what mortality rate does the government get the right to be so authoritarian?
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Greyparrot
If people consent to be closer than 6 feet it's a choice,  staying home is also a choice. 
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Death23
Don't think that would pass the innocent until proven guilty and other rights,  it would totally work in every other country but not the u.s.  you don't balance rights like that, just privileges
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@ebuc
Yes another moral superiority argument
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Death23
You all seem to have no understanding of what due process of law is. Yes I would be negligent in spreading the virus if it is proved that I have it. You all seem to think no one or the law has to prove anything anymore. Just make some accusation or that you might do something and your guilty as charged.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@HistoryBuff
You have no constitutional right to have sex with anyone
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@bmdrocks21
As long as I have to pay for something, I should get a say in it.
you do get a say it in. It is called a vote. That hasn't changed. 

But I’m more concerned with the hypocrisy here. Why don’t we shut down every business and force people to wear masks during flu season? You could be killing people with that. At what mortality rate does the government get the right to be so authoritarian?
the fact that covid is like 10x deadlier than the flu. Covid is much more dangerous than the flu, hence it needs a much stronger response. I don't see why this is confusing. 
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@sadolite
You have no constitutional right to have sex with anyone
I never said you did. can you point the part of the constitution that says you have the right to not wear a mask?

es I would be negligent in spreading the virus if it is proved that I have it. You all seem to think no one or the law has to prove anything anymore. Just make some accusation or that you might do something and your guilty as charged.
this isn't about criminal liability. Your argument seems to be that no one should have to take any precautions until they are proven to have the virus. but at that point it is WAY too late and you have already infected a bunch of people. 
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@HistoryBuff
Why? why is your right to comfort more important than other people's right to live? 
You have the right to stay home,  you have the right to stay 6 feet or more from anyone,  you have the right to purchase a hood with filters and supplemental air.  I'm an individual with unalienable rights,  stay away if you don't like what someone does.  No one has cared any given flu season including h1n1, what exactly is the death count cutoff for the government to be authoritarian?  Must be higher than flu deaths right?  So that means if the covid deaths drop to flu levels or lower no one will need masks etc?
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@sadolite
You all seem to have no understanding of what due process of law is. Yes I would be negligent in spreading the virus if it is proved that I have it. You all seem to think no one or the law has to prove anything anymore. Just make some accusation or that you might do something and your guilty as charged.

Exactly, you don't put someone driving in jail because you THINK they might be infested with Alcohol. You have to prove they were drunk with EVIDENCE in a court.
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@HistoryBuff
the fact that covid is like 10x deadlier than the flu. Covid is much more dangerous than the flu, hence it needs a much stronger response. I don't see why this is confusing. 

The only group with a significant risk of death is the elderly. What mortality rates are you using? The ones from before they started anti-body testing?

And didn't really get a say in this response, either. Nobody ran on a pandemic response platform.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@bmdrocks21
In fact, not only do young children not die from Covid, they can't even transmit it, yet schools are closed....
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@Greyparrot
They can't transmit it?

Also, neat new pic.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Greyparrot
What  part of driving isn't a constitutional right don't you  understand? When you get a drivers license you consent to be pulled over and checked for sobriety. It's like a damn broken record.  It has no relevance. You agreed to all the terms and conditions by getting the license. What part of that don't you understand?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@sadolite
What  part of driving isn't a constitutional right don't you  understand? When you get a drivers license you consent to be pulled over and checked for sobriety. It's like a damn broken record.  It has no relevance. You agreed to all the terms and conditions by getting the license. What part of that don't you understand?

The part where you get thrown in jail without being checked for sobriety, just like being thrown in jail or fined without being checked for COVID.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@bmdrocks21
RM made it for me. He is a creative genius.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Greyparrot
See you don't understand that driving isn't a constitutional right nor do you understand that by getting a license you agreed to all laws created and that will be created related to driving a car. The drunk driving analogy is a worthless argument, it has no relevance. You agreed  by getting the license that if you refuse to submit to a field sobriety test you will be arrested and loose your driving privileges.  Weather or not you want to fight it in court, that's up to you, but at least you have a choice. You may not be convicted of a DUI but you will still loose your driving privileges because you refused a sobriety test.  The driving laws are very clear on that. Refusing a sobriety test is a completely different charge than a DUI.  Any scenario you put forth all are afforded due process of the law. I am afforded no due process of law by being forced to wear a mask. The has shown no probable cause and has not even attempted to prove I am a danger to anyone.  I am sorry you hate due process and the constitution, maybe you should move to another country where they don't have that.

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
You have the right to stay home,  you have the right to stay 6 feet or more from anyone,  you have the right to purchase a hood with filters and supplemental air.  I'm an individual with unalienable rights,  stay away if you don't like what someone does.
do you think that your rights include the right to endanger other people's lives rather than take very minor precautions?

No one has cared any given flu season including h1n1, what exactly is the death count cutoff for the government to be authoritarian?  Must be higher than flu deaths right?  So that means if the covid deaths drop to flu levels or lower no one will need masks etc?
man you guys are seriously obsessed with minute details while actively trying to ignore reality. Covid is much deadlier than the flu. It therefore requires a much stronger response. Why do you feel the need to fight to protect your "right" to not wear basic protective equipment? I honestly cannot understand why you think that is more important than hundreds of thousands of lives. 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@sadolite
Except right now you don't even have the option to refuse a COVID test.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
Exactly, you don't put someone driving in jail because you THINK they might be infested with Alcohol. You have to prove they were drunk with EVIDENCE in a court.
in this example, you not wearing the mask is the equivalent of driving drunk.

No one can tell if you are sick or not. It isn't possible to know until you have already done the damage and infected people. The only way to protect people is to ensure you are wearing the protective equipment before you start infecting people. And since you won't know when you get infected, you obviously have to be wearing it before you find out. 

this isn't that complicated. 

bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@Greyparrot
He blocked me. I'm Illuminati.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
in this example, you not wearing the mask is the equivalent of driving drunk.

If you don't have COVID in your blood, you are no more a danger to society than if you have no alcohol in your blood.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@HistoryBuff
do you think that your rights include the right to endanger other people's lives rather than take very minor precautions?
I'm not endangering other people's lives, unless you mean my driving, guess anyone who drives is technically endangering other people's lives.
Covid is much deadlier than the flu. It therefore requires a much stronger response.
yeah I know, flu requires no response, I mean I've said that, what's to disagree about?
Why do you feel the need to fight to protect your "right" to not wear basic protective equipment? I honestly cannot understand why you think that is more important than hundreds of thousands of lives. 
because it's my right, my choice, my body, use whatever you like.
I am more important to me than hundreds of thousands of lives, I would not sacrifice myself to save hundreds of thousands of lives, just like I don't live a life of poverty to save thousands of lives in Africa or some shithole country.  Do you?

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@bmdrocks21
He blocks the people he likes the most. You have to understand his madness.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
People don't understand the mental toll this has on people in High School and college. Boomers have it the worse, but the second worse is Gen Z. I'm not listening to Anderson Cooper call a group of people, dangerous, when he makes millions of dollars sitting behind a TV. I am not a danger. Teens are suffering mentally from limited social contact. We've worn masks and social distance, and now we are being stripped of graduations and homecoming and school and a proper environment because "we are the problem"
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@bmdrocks21
@HistoryBuff
No one can tell if you are sick or not.

We have tests for COVID in the blood JUST like we have tests for alcohol in the blood. That statement is false.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Vader
Young healthy people shouldn't be quarantined. Old people should.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Greyparrot
Neither should be. The people who have been proven to have the virus should be.