Hello and welcome!
Thank you all for submitting your songs to me. There were some that I already loved that I got to listen to again, some new ones I really enjoyed, and fortunately none that I actively disliked! I saw the idea for this game and really liked it because it allows us all to discover some new music while also making it kinda fun in a game format.
My personal scoring system is more or less as follows:
- 0.0-1.9: This song either did not fit the category or it was terrible. Maybe both.
- 2.0-3.9: I disliked this song but it was tolerable. Will probably never listen again.
- 4.0-5.9: If this song came on I probably wouldn't skip it, but I wouldn't seek it out either. These songs were okay, I neither actively liked nor disliked them.
- 6.0-7.9: These songs are relatively enjoyable. I'd put them on a playlist if they fit the playlist well, or would seek this song out to play it if I'm in the right mood.
- 8.0-9.9: I really like this song. Maybe I already know it and it's a song I really enjoy, or maybe it's something I listened to for the first time and liked quite a bit.
- 10.0: This is a song that is or just became one of my all time favorite songs.
- The scoring for the covers category is a bit different. It's some combination of my opinion on the song and how it stacks up to the original. For example, if I think your version is a 7, but the original is a 9, that hurts your score. If I think your version is a 5, but the original is a 4, it helps your score. It's not as formulaic as the scoring for the other categories.
Some Results (No Spoilers)
- The highest score I gave was a 10. Apparently I was stingier than I thought with anything above 9, because there were only two of those.
- The lowest score I gave was a 3.2.
- The category that scored best, on average, was dead artists with an average of 8.54, and your favorite artists were the second highest with 8.08.
- The category that scored lowest was the one without words, probably unsurprisingly. I expected this, to be honest.