Warren's Walrus Reveal

Author: warren42

Total: 41
warren42
Debates: 2
warren42
-->
@Trent0405
Also, anyone who's into country/bluegrass/appalachia I'd recommend Tyler Childers and Zach Bryan. They might not fit your taste in country Trent, but then again I only have a small representation of what you like, so it might be something you'd enjoy. My favorites from each are Charleston Girl and Condemened, respectively.
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@warren42
Not really my thing with their type of music andit having heavy Christian themes but I still liked it a lot. Might end up checkingout some more of their stuff.
All their songs are about historical events with a heavy emphasis on themes of war, in the case of that particular song it's about the actions of the Swiss guard during the 1527 sack of Rome. If war stories and loud noises are your thing you might enjoy them.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
I will take some time this week to look over other people's submissions for more music to add to my lists, always on the lookout for new tunes. Very interesting game concept, thanks for hosting.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@RationalMadman
@Vader
@warren42
I think the main issue in trying to match with warrens taste is that he didn't really tell us about his taste in music. Not that he lied about what he told us, but that he just didn't tell us mich. All he did was list a few genres he liked and a few he didn't. That isn't really anything to go on though. It doesn't tell us what he looks for in a song, does he preffer stuff that tells a story or stuff that just evokes a certain feeling? Does he care more about the lyrics being well written or does he think it is more important that the singer have a good voice?

Overall however I think this vagueness in his description of his tastes improved the experience of the game. Rather than putting too much thought into trying to pick a song that would get the most points and getting a lot of similar sounding stuff we got a larger variety for everyone to experience new stuff.
warren42
Debates: 2
warren42
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
I think this is well put and I agree.

I intentionally gave some direction so you could try to score well and also so that I would mostly get songs that I liked, but I wanted to get a variety as my taste is pretty broad, and I'm open to hearing new stuff. For example, I'm glad I heard the last song Disc submitted, but if I'd been more specific he may not have bothered to submit it. Or maybe he would've, since he said he didn't put much thought into it. Either way.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@warren42
Even with the small amount of description you did give I definitely would not have put a Sabaton song in there if I was trying to win. Glad I wasn't trying to win then, the feeling of discovering a new artist and thinking "why have I not heard of this person/group before?!" Or introducing someone to an old favorite they never heard and discovering they like it are good feelings indeed.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@RationalMadman
@Vader
Funny thing is I very nearly put a linkin park song for the dead artist category as well, if I had it would probably have been Castle of Glass or Numb.

194 days later

Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@warren42
I was just looking back at this now for some odd reasons after listening to my spotify and goddamn it I wish I would've started anime sooner. There are some legit crazy good Japanese rock songs that I think would fit your taste
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@warren42
The fact that we have varying tastes in music is an interesting phenomenon.

How does that work, do you think?

Maybe the underlying frequencies vary very little.

7 days later

Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@zedvictor4
Being objective with music leads to having an open taste
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Vader
Well.... I won't go down the "objective" road, as that's another discussion.

But certainly, open mindedness, allows us to appreciate a wider range of musical/sound constructs.

As for songs.....For me, the value and quality of accompanying lyrics is very important.