Darwin images

Author: ronjs

Total: 71
TheDredPriateRoberts
Debates: 0
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@PGA2.0
Yet his ideology led to social Darwinism, a form of racism.
was it his ideology or his scientific findings, which isn't a reflection on him as to what it led to.
you seem to be conflating fact finding (even highly flawed or wrong) with some opinions taken out of context or extreme even based on the science.
from this thread (I'm not an authority on Darwin) but he made observations, hypothesis etc.   We know he was wrong, but he didn't.  Racism isn't based on facts or science is it?
PGA2.0
Debates: 7
PGA2.0
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Yet his ideology led to social Darwinism, a form of racism.
was it his ideology or his scientific findings, which isn't a reflection on him as to what it led to.
you seem to be conflating fact finding (even highly flawed or wrong) with some opinions taken out of context or extreme even based on the science.
from this thread (I'm not an authority on Darwin) but he made observations, hypothesis etc.   We know he was wrong, but he didn't.  Racism isn't based on facts or science is it?
Did Darwin promote humanity had descended from the lower forms? If so, he must have felt not all races were equal. On that thought alone he had a bias. In his mind some human beings were not as evolved as others, such as the "savage," or any human being that was not of European descent.

It depends on whether you are speaking of science or scientism as to factuality. Darwinism made many presuppositions that he inferred from common anscestory. 

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@PGA2.0
well now you are talking about bias and not racism so if you want to say he had a bias I could agree with that.
PGA2.0
PGA2.0
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
well now you are talking about bias and not racism so if you want to say he had a bias I could agree with that.
Racism is a negative bias or prejudice. 

noun
a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human racial groups determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to dominate others or that a particular racial group is inferior to the others.
a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

n.
1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
2. Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

Definition of racism

1a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
2aa doctrine or political program based on the assumption of racism and designed to execute its principles
ba political or social system founded on racism
Prejudice Synonyms: Noun

Definition of bias
 (Entry 1 of 4)
1aan inclination of temperament or outlookespecially a personal and sometimes unreasoned judgment PREJUDICE
ban instance of such prejudice
d(1)deviation of the expected value of a statistical estimate from the quantity it estimates

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@PGA2.0
given the broad and seeming all encompassing definition of what is really, now a meaningless word then you could really apply it to anyone and everyone.

black skin is superior to desert regions, there for superior in that climate,  fact but racist apparently.

people with blue eyes tend to be more light sensitive but can see in darker light better, racist

or is it because they are factual they aren't negative which doesn't meet the definition?

I think you are "ascribing motive" because Darwin believe in his factual, science findings and as a result formed his opinion,  he believe because of TRAITS which he believe were scientific led him to his conclusions, which doesn't fit the definition.  And see the definitions are backwards " a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race"  that's not true afaik, he found his facts, made his hypothesis and applied that to the race, those traits are the primary determinant not the race itself, that race just happens to have those traits.

Racism is a negative bias or prejudice. 
that's emotion, facts are science are not, facts don't care about your feelings (I love that saying, had to use it)

swows9
swows9
-->
@ethang5
Your racist posts you unwashed idiot.

And yet again you have been flagged.

I think you will find that offensive vitriol and personal attacks are not permitted on this site.

If you continue with such behaviour I shall ensure that you are removed from the site as per last time when you made relentless attacks on others.
Stephen
Stephen
Was Barry white?
Was Cilla black?
Was Marvin gay?
swows9
swows9
-->
@Stephen
Was Barry white?
Was Cilla black?
Was Marvin gay?
Very good.

And, if God exists, is she black?
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@swows9
And yet again you have been flagged.

I think you will find that offensive vitriol and personal attacks are not permitted on this site.
Neither are fake accounts. Lol!

What a loser.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@PGA2.0
Racism is media trendy and therefore lucrative.....And is presented as a white over black issue because this is what sells.

The real facts....  A. Would be boring... And B. Not what people currently want to hear. (Or so they are told).

And in Bristol England media junkies tore down a racist statue and replaced it with a racist statue, which the local authority quietly removed....No media generated fuss required. LOL.

Media junkies....Outsheeping the sheep.
PGA2.0
PGA2.0
-->
@zedvictor4
Racism is media trendy and therefore lucrative.....And is presented as a white over black issue because this is what sells.
I agree.

The real facts....  A. Would be boring... And B. Not what people currently want to hear. (Or so they are told).
You are right there. They want to hear it.

And in Bristol England media junkies tore down a racist statue and replaced it with a racist statue, which the local authority quietly removed....No media generated fuss required. LOL.

Media junkies....Outsheeping the sheep.