Why do Conservatives Care so Much About Taxes?

Author: bmdrocks21

Total: 38
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@bmdrocks21
the quote is SPOT ON

fauxlaw has talked about economics before so if that is his thing then so be it-he is older and doesnt see the reality of the degenerate situation

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@ILikePie5
the government makes PROFIT

the only reason we have debt is because of the fed reserve and how loans work(the more money, the more debt), the government today is to invest in things like the military and turn a profit like with opium in Afghanistan or with oil in Kuwait

"if they were no debts in our money system, there wouldn't be any money"
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@bmdrocks21
and rejecting egalitarianism
what about on a legal level-like court sentences 

do women and men deserve the same child raising rights and divorce court be more geared to 50/50?

on a culturally level, yes-but it is important that both men and women enjoy no legal advantages
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@Dr.Franklin
It brings a smile to my face that some people are noticing. Maybe there is hope for America. :)

The corporations turned on us as soon as economies could be globalized. As soon as they could choose cheap labor over American workers they did. Their goals need to be aligned with Americas. Brutal punishment for outsourcing.

But not only did they ship off jobs, the lobbied for masses of third world immigrants coming here so that it was now American workers who felt lucky to get jobs, rather than the other way around. We became expendable. And they created divisiveness, as these immigrants had cultures not compatible with ours. The American worker is trapped. A tight labor market gives us leverage. A unified culture gives us strength and direction for policy.

And fauxlaw, he is just too old. All that matters to him is his 401k and IRA accounts. He had his life in a suitable America. That is a common theme among boomers, that they only care about their stocks. We are left with the mess they started in the 1960s when public schools were turned into atheist organizations and the sexual revolution and welfare state devastated the family.
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@Dr.Franklin
As for egalitarianism, we should be treated equal under the law, but not much else. Egalitarianism is the belief that we are all equal and that any evidence of disparities between groups must be because one group committed an injustice against another. Right-wingers believe that there are natural hierarchies and trying too hard to correct those is disastrous. I’ll leave you with another quote on the matter:

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”

-Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@ILikePie5
Lol, my thread is about why taxing is very low priority right now and only Frank hasn’t tried to justify a tax scheme to me.

Yeah, the Reagan revolution brought us to this point, I think. Lots of talk about keeping your money. It is all true, but this cannot come at the cost of our culture. If we have to sacrifice on economic issues like having a UBI, I would support it if that means we keep America as America. We need to win, and having 4-8 years of our enemies winning is unacceptable. 
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@bmdrocks21
Was it the "Reagan Revolution" that hyperfocused us on taxation?
Nope. Go further back. At least Kennedy, but one must consider the efforts of Andrew Mellon, Treasury Secty to Coolidge, who lobbied hard for significant tax reduction in the early 20s. After all, the 16th amendment allowing Congress to levy income taxes was passed just in the previous decade.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@bmdrocks21
i agree with everything you said