Scientific Racism

Author: RoderickSpode

Total: 111
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@ludofl3x
I think we can agree, racist people are assholes, and that science does not in any way support the view that any one race is superior to any other.
Conflating OPINION with FACT is the core problem.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ludofl3x
@RoderickSpode
It's a function of in-group versus out-group and control of resources from an evolutionary perspective. Lions don't like hyenas because hyenas want the food a lion hunted. We've conquered a lot of the resource manipulation problems but the drive to discriminate against a group that isn't US remains there, and we invent reasons to indulge it.
Well stated.

Most violent crime is committed against people of the SAME COLOR.

What makes you think God hasn't instilled the need to treat others equally in all people to go along with it? This is like one of the major social issues we deal with. Of course we understand the need.
Well, apparently god(s) didn't instill ENOUGH of the magical "treat others equally" fairy dust.

Are you wondering why someone who wants equal treatment may not give equal treatment? How about selfishness?
Perhaps god(s) need to check their recipe and maybe dial back the "selfishness" powder.
BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Tradesecret
@RoderickSpode

RoderickSpode, equal to Tradesecret in running away from Jesus' true words, 

Barring the FACT that you have run away from several of my posts, where you started to address them, and when I turned up the heat in the kitchen, YOU RAN FROM THEM as embarrassingly shown in the link below:

As if the above situation wasn't embarrassing enough for you, then you venture out with your comical and embarrassing lying thread named Scientific Racism and using alleged biblical axioms to prove your point, NOT!

YOUR COMICAL LYING AND CONTRADICTING QUOTE: "Numerous verses in the Bible make clear that all men are (created)equal. Like Romans 10:12. For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him,"! 

As it has been shown ad infinitum within this forum, you have obviously enrolled into Tradesecret's "School of Running Away from Biblical Axioms" and have passed with flying colors!

I am sorry to inform you that our JUDEO-Christian Bible is RACIST to it's core, bar none!  If you had actually read our Bible, you would realize this fact. Here, let me give you a few examples forthwith: 

1. JESUS STATED: He selected the Hebrews to be "a people for his own possession, above all peoples on the face of the earth" (Deuteronomy 7:6).  

2. JESUS STATED:  by telling His  "chosen ones" to kill everyone in the other ethnic groups in Canaan, which is pure RACISM! (Deuteronomy 20:16).  

3.  JESUS STATED:  With specificity, to wit: "You only have I known of all the families of the earth: therefore I will punish you for all your iniquities" (Amos 3:2). ALL OF THE SAID PASSAGES ABOVE ARE RACIST!

4. JESUS STATED: One of the most blatant biblical passages showing that our serial Killer Jesus was RACIST, is the following:  “Yo Canaanite women, I will not heal your girl child because I was sent only for the lost sheep of Israel!” (Matthew 15: 20-30). HELLO RoderickSpode, are you still willing to erroneously state that everyone of Jesus' creation are created equal?  JESUS SAYS NO!  LOL

There are a "plethora" of other outstanding biblical verses showing our Jesus as an outright RACIST, whereas you said all men were created equal, which is a blatant biblical LIE that you are trying to spread around this forum, BLASPHEME!

Now, as before in embarrassingly shown above, are you going to RUN AWAY from my post to you herein showing you to be the Bible fool equal to Tradesecret, or are you going to find some balls and at least "try" and address it, but if you use Satanic apologetic spin, you will once again be Bible Slapped Silly®️!

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@3RU7AL
Nor me.

So why pull down a statue?
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@RoderickSpode
Numerous verses in the Bible make clear that all men are (created)equal. Like Romans 10:12

Really?  Yet the bible  speaks as is if slavery and servitude are the accepted norm.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@zedvictor4
The term "scientific racism"...What does this mean exactly?....Just seems like yet another misinterpretation of the word science.....People are racist, everyone of them, even the ones who think that they are not.

This reminds me of  a you tube video (that I cannot find now) about the making of the 1968 movie Planet of the Apes.

It was said in the video that when the cast were taking their breaks from filming that the Chimpanzees , Orangutans, the Gorillas  and the humans would all sit at the respective species tables without them even realising they had done so, they sat down and ate with 'their own'. It was commented that it was like watching a unscheduled social experiment .

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@zedvictor4
Nor me.

So why pull down a statue?
A statue is a decoration.

If you don't like a decoration, you remove or replace it.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Stephen
It was said in the video that when the cast were taking their breaks from filming that the Chimpanzees , Orangutans, the Gorillas  and the humans would all sit at the respective species tables without them even realising they had done so, they sat down and ate with 'their own'. It was commented that it was like watching a unscheduled social experiment .
Great example.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
its real but not popular at all today
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Dr.Franklin
its real but not popular at all today
I'm going to assume and correct me if wrong, that you mean that racism is sometimes argued to be scientifically justified. That is true. Some people wrongly claim that racism can be justified by scientific findings. 

There is however only one race of hominid species left on earth. The others are all extinct. 
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@3RU7AL
In your own home maybe.

There's redecorating and then there's vandalism.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@secularmerlin
Just out of interest.

What are the determining factors, that allow us  to differentiate  between Us  and an extinct hominid?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@3RU7AL

-->@zedvictor4 wrote: The term "scientific racism"...What does this mean exactly?....Just seems like yet another misinterpretation of the word science.....People are racist, everyone of them, even the ones who think that they are not. #36

Stephen wrote:This reminds me of  a you tube video (that I cannot find now) about the making of the 1968 movie Planet of the Apes.

-->@3RU7AL wrote: Great example.

I have dug this up .

During the filming of Planet of the Apes in 1967, Charlton Heston noted “an instinctive segregation on the set. Not only would the apes eat together, but the chimpanzees ate with the chimpanzees, the gorillas ate with the gorillas, the orangutans ate with the orangutans, and the humans would eat off by themselves. It was quite spooky.”
James Franciscus noticed the same thing filming Beneath the Planet of the Apes in 1969. “During lunch I looked up and realized, ‘My God, here is the universe,’ because at one table were all the orangutans eating, at another table were the apes, and at another table were the humans. The orangutan characters would not eat or mix with the ape characters, and the humans wouldn’t sit down and eat with any one of them.

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@zedvictor4
Since we only have access to skeletal remains and DNA I would have to say differences in the skeletons and DNA of our 'cousins'.

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@secularmerlin
pretty much
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Dr.Franklin
That was surprisingly easy
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@secularmerlin
ok.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@secularmerlin
Can we not use the same criteria to differentiate between existent hominids.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@zedvictor4
There is only one existent species of hominid. Homosapiens. 
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@secularmerlin
Yep I know.

My point was:
If "science" differentiates using DNA and skeletal analysis techniques, then presumably similar differentiating factors occur and can be found in homo-sapiens. For example, people that originate from East Asia and  people that originate from Central Africa are distinctly  different in appearance, so there must be an underlying  DNA and skeletal variation...... Ergo "scientific racism".
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@zedvictor4
Perhaps but not to the degree that even dogs (which can still by and large mate with each other and their wolf cousins) do and dogs are not really considered different species. 
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@secularmerlin
Similarly, homo-sapiens didn't appear out of thin air.  We have acquired  DNA and skeletal characteristics from our hominid ancestors.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@zedvictor4
Similarly, homo-sapiens didn't appear out of thin air.  We have acquired  DNA and skeletal characteristics from our hominid ancestors.
Yes and we have also undergone speciation. Sometimes the line at which this takes place is a little blurry but homosapiens are the last existent race of hominids today.
RoderickSpode
RoderickSpode
-->
@zedvictor4
Scientific racism is not an misinterpretation. It's a phenomenon that happened around the turn of the 19th/20th century. This lead to some horrible events like placing aboriginal tribe members in zoos and on display as animals at exhibitions. These events were apparently influenced by Darwin's book.

Scientific racism still exists today, but far more subtle.

RoderickSpode
RoderickSpode
-->
@secularmerlin
The problem is not giving racists an explanation to show they're wrong. The problem is the politics that force the scientific community to have to accuse scientists of being racist "because" their theories are faulty.

Just because a scientist is wrong about anything including "racial equality issues" shouldn't render them a racist if all they're doing is giving a theory. But the scientific community has to abide by social politics.

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@RoderickSpode
What evidence do you have of nonracists being accused of racism for their non racist theories?
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@secularmerlin
@RoderickSpode
Horrible things happened in the past for sure, but judging the past by today's standards won't affect the past.  At best we learn lessons, which by and large we have already learned anyway.

It seems odd though that we are happy to hold onto the evidence of past atrocities, but feel that we should regard scientific evidence of the past as being inappropriate.

RoderickSpode
RoderickSpode
-->
@secularmerlin
First off, I'm not claiming one way or another whether or not any scientist is a racist. 

Are you familiar with Dr. James Watson?

RoderickSpode
RoderickSpode
-->
@zedvictor4
Certainly. No argument there. 

Would you agree that the very same standard should be held for bringing up historic references to early European theocracy atrocities?

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@RoderickSpode
It all comes under the same banner I suppose, and is  all an inevitable consequence of humanity.