Author: RoderickSpode

Total: 111
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@zedvictor4
In your own home maybe.

There's redecorating and then there's vandalism.
A statue, regardless of where it is located is nothing more than decoration.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@zedvictor4
If "science" differentiates using DNA and skeletal analysis techniques, then presumably similar differentiating factors occur and can be found in homo-sapiens.
I think you're somehow missing the key point.

Let's say, for the sake of argument, ground-breaking "science" "proved" that the "pale-face" humans are both morally and intellectually deficient.

What sort of POLICY would this "science" lead us to implement?

Should we round-up all the "pale-faced" humans and force them to live in walled-off communities where they can't "infect" the "good" humans?

Or should we perhaps pour zillions of dollars into "helping" the "pale-faced" humans "overcome" their "disabilities"?
secularmerlin
Debates: 0
secularmerlin
-->
@RoderickSpode
I could Google him but the name is unimportant. All arguments stand or fall on their own without regard to who formulated them or who is presenting them so why don't you just present the argument. 
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
Let's say, for the sake of argument, ground-breaking "science" "proved" that the "pale-face" humans are both morally and intellectually deficient.

What sort of POLICY would this "science" lead us to implement?

Should we round-up all the "pale-faced" humans and force them to live in walled-off communities where they can't "infect" the "good" humans?

Or should we perhaps pour zillions of dollars into "helping" the "pale-faced" humans "overcome" their "disabilities"?
Perhaps we should just treat them no differently than other humans because they are human.
BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Tradesecret
@RoderickSpode

RoderickSpode, equal to Tradesecret's runaway modus operandi,

Okay, you have had 4 days subsequent to my biblically correct post showing that the Bible is outright racist, and so is our serial killing Jesus as well being Yahweh God incarnate, and which goes against your initial thread post.  Therefore I am sure you are ready to converse upon my post #33 by now. Correct?  Thus far, you have been running away from biblical axioms from me in other threads as well, and I am sure you don't want to run away from my post that addresses your topic at hand IN YOUR OWN THREAD, do you?  How embarrassing would that be, huh? LOL

If you RUN AWAY from said post above this time, does that mean that you haven't completed Tradesecrets "Running away from biblical axioms class" at this time, and you still have more studies from Tradesecret  to finish in getting a passing grade?  

Jesus, the membership that is watching, and myself will be waiting for you to engage to save YOU any further embarrassment upon this forum.

Thanking you in advance.

RoderickSpode
RoderickSpode
-->
@3RU7AL

Human justice demands equality, not acceptance of social status based on race/ethnicity.
Well, the Hindus have been operating on acceptance of social status based on skin color for roughly 5000 years.
Sure. And thus the violent protests and uprisings amongst the lower caste who are crying out for justice/equality.

It's the resistance against equality that raises demands for equality.

RoderickSpode
RoderickSpode
-->
@secularmerlin
I could Google him but the name is unimportant. All arguments stand or fall on their own without regard to who formulated them or who is presenting them so why don't you just present the argument. 

Yes. Sorry about that. At the time I posted this I couldn't post links.

After new racist comments by Watson surfaced in the recent PBS documentary American Masters: Decoding Watson, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory (CSHL) – the pioneering research lab Watson led for decades – had finally had enough.
"Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory unequivocally rejects the unsubstantiated and reckless personal opinions," CSHL said in
statement.
"Dr. Watson's statements are reprehensible, unsupported by science, and in no way represent the views of CSHL… The Laboratory condemns the misuse of science to justify prejudice."

If you read the article, you will see he was a Nobel prize winner.

But for clarification, I'm not in any way suggesting he's not racist. I can formulate a personal opinion on that, but not qualified to proclaim his theory is based on prejudice. And neither are the accusers.

The reality is, if a scientist presents a theory that causes racial offense, whoever the voice for the scientific community has to take political action. The accusers are not basing
their accusation on science, but on political correctness.

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@RoderickSpode
You are using theory incorrectly in this context. Also if a HYPOTHETIS is incorrect and racist then perhaps those who presuppose it are racist and if they are racist maybe it is a natural consequence to be ostracized by those who value equality (such as ot is).
RoderickSpode
RoderickSpode
-->
@secularmerlin

You are using theory incorrectly in this context.

How so?

Also if a HYPOTHETIS is incorrect and racist then perhaps those who presuppose it are racist and if they are racist maybe it is a natural consequence to be ostracized by those who value
equality (such as ot is).
When you use the word perhaps, is it equivalent to maybe?

The accusers were not making this issue a question mark.

Do you think they were justified, from a purely scientific/objective stance, of making a definite charge of racism?

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
Do you think they were justified, from a purely scientific/objective stance, of making a definite charge of racism?
I'm not prepared to commit to that without being more familiar with this particular case. 

As for theory, in science theory is the highest level of possible confidence in a hypothesis. Think the theory of gravity or the theory of germ medicine or the theory of evolution. Something we gave determined to be so likely true that it would require a paradigm shifting discovery to invalidate them. The word you want when dealing with a less certain claim is hypothesis.
RoderickSpode
RoderickSpode
-->
@secularmerlin
Whoa!

I felt like I was going to tip over. The weight distribution between your answer to the theory/hypothesis question outweighing your answer to the James Watson question seems to create an imbalance in your post.

Seriously though, I appreciate your clarification.

As far as your needing to be more familiar with the case, sorry, can't buy that one. What else do you need to know? It's all clear in that brief article (which I'm kind of thinking you didn't look at). And if not, I could explain it sufficiently. Is there something specific you don't understand?

Basically though, I take your statement to mean you will look further into it in the year 2051. Or, in laymen's terms, let's drop the subject?

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@secularmerlin
Well stated.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@secularmerlin
Perhaps we should just treat them no differently than other humans because they are human.
While I do tend to agree with that inclination,

The "problem" seems to be that different people have different abilities and some may require more resources than others.

When you say "treat them no differently", are you suggesting equal "help" or equal "no-help"?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@BrotherDThomas
How embarrassing would that be, huh? LOL
COERCION is rarely an effective rhetorical tactic.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@RoderickSpode
Well, the Hindus have been operating on acceptance of social status based on skin color for roughly 5000 years.
Sure. And thus the violent protests and uprisings amongst the lower caste who are crying out for justice/equality.

It's the resistance against equality that raises demands for equality.
What do you think changed in the past 5000 years?
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@RoderickSpode
I would say that at the very least he is misunderstanding why IQ tests are on average higher for some demographics than others (social disadvantage due to systemic racism and the resulting gap in education resources seems at least as likely an explanation as genetics) and also that he is placing too much importance on the tests in general. I am still not prepared to personally call him racist just incorrect. The Gene's which control melatonin levels are unconnected with those that control intelligence and in America at least there has been interbreeding between all demographics such that the genetics that effect one demographic would effect all demographics. 
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@3RU7AL
When you say "treat them no differently", are you suggesting equal "help" or equal "no-help"?
What I mean is live and let live. Some humans do require greater resources than others. I am not however talking about resources but only about freedom afforded and attitudes held in relation to these 'disadvantaged' humans.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@RoderickSpode
The reality is, if a scientist presents a theory that causes racial offense, whoever the voice for the scientific community has to take political action. The accusers are not basing
their accusation on science, but on political correctness.
YES.  AND "THE LAW" IS CODIFIED MOB RULE.

What is your prescription?

(IFF) it is "illegal" to fire someone for their religious beliefs (or lack of religious beliefs) (THEN) it should also be "illegal" to fire someone for their (other) "idiotic" beliefs.

But this DOUBLE-EDGED-SWORD cuts both ways.

(IFF) you CAN fire someone for their religious beliefs (or lack of religious beliefs) (THEN) you CAN fire someone for their (other) "idiotic" beliefs.
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@3RU7AL

3RU7AL,

YOUR WEAK  AND WE DON'T CARE QUOTE: "COERCION is rarely an effective rhetorical tactic."

My truthful statement wasn't meant to be  coercive, but only to remind the Bible inept RoderickSpode that his RUNAWAY MO in his own thread is totally embarrassing! LOL

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@BrotherDThomas
Your ad hominem attacks are uninspired.
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@3RU7AL

3RU7AL,

YOUR I DON'T GIVE A DAMN QUOTE: "Your ad hominem attacks are uninspired."

Tell me if you've heard this adage before that relates to you, "Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one but they think each others stink." Yes?  Good.

My godly attacks upon the Bible inept pseudo-christians need not be "inspired" nor "uninspired" to get their point across, understood?  Thank you. 

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@BrotherDThomas
You seem to be impervious to irony.
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@3RU7AL

3RU7AL,

Shhhhhhhhhhh. 

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@BrotherDThomas
good boy.
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@3RU7AL

3RU7AL,

Uh, what part of "Shhhhhhh" didn't you understand?

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@BrotherDThomas
You're such a good boy.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@secularmerlin
I am not however talking about resources but only about freedom afforded...
If you were going to attempt to measure "freedom afforded", what do you believe are some of the key quantifiers?
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@3RU7AL
None only qualifiers. This is all based on my empathy and moral intuition neither of which can be properly called quanta.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@secularmerlin
I believe "freedom" can be quantified by observing whether or not an individual has access to UNCONDITIONAL food, clothing and shelter (as well as unfettered access to "public" property).
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@3RU7AL
I believe "freedom" can be quantified by observing whether or not an individual has access to UNCONDITIONAL food, clothing and shelter (as well as unfettered access to "public" property).
I have not as yet suggested any quantifiable standards (though the above would not be a bad start) only the qualification that all humans being afforded "rights" would be preferable to the alternative.