Man who died from motorcycle counted as covid death

Author: Dr.Franklin

Total: 83
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
seriously?  you didn't know payment and funding is much higher for covid patients than regular?
 covid patients or covid deaths? Because you were talking about causes of death in the post I responded to.
Outplayz
Debates: 0
Outplayz
-->
@Greyparrot
Covid is still very dangerous for at-risk people.
Yeah... at this point, that's all i'm worried about. I need to be extra cautious... i just wish people would be at least minimally cautious. In my city, i'm lucky most people are being cautious. 
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
well, they are paying for the treatment, then there's all the respirators they got, ppe it's quite a list I think.   Generally the bill is based on what the treatment and hospital stay length.  the higher the acuity the higher the charge and they increased that for "covid" patients.

then the cares act

so let's say a person goes to the icu because they have covid, seems legit, unless they don't actually need to be in the icu, not everyone who has covid needs to be in an icu right?  You don't get paid for empty beds, beds that aren't filled and aren't used....there's no one to charge for them right?  Now you basically have guaranteed income by filling those beds, no need to worry about insurance or lack of.  There's no way they can monitor every hospital and every case to look for potential fraud with the magnitude of what's going on.  Not only that but they can generally justify it enough that it would be a long and expensive process to come to some determination.  Not every hospital would do this, but I bet most are more liberal with these claims, treatments and monitoring.  If someone is in the icu with covid but dies of some other condition, well if you list covid you'll get more reimbursement, they did have covid after all.  Do you see the problem?
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
The whole deal about "probable case" is that any doctor can "feel" a death is covid related. When something is THAT subjective...and money is involved...you KNOW there is going to be a LOT of corruption. Such as in the case that the doctor "felt" that Covid might have been the cause of this man's motercycle accident. Who would be the person to say otherwise? There is ZERO accountability and oversight on this.

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Greyparrot
wasn't there a nursing home or some place that got caught inflating their numbers for the higher reimbursement?  seems I heard that be can't remember for sure.  The companies producing the tests obviously are making a big play for that money too.  Hence the crappy tests.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@zedvictor4
i did not ask
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
I lived through the aftermath of Katrina, New Orleans; and the corruption as the billions of dollars of aid flowed in was staggering.

Contractors were actually going out and raising a house an inch and then charging the federal government 60,000 dollars per house lift while kicking some of the money back to the homeowner client.

Disgusting.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
well if you list covid you'll get more reimbursement, they did have covid after all.
It sounds like you are saying the extra money only comes if the cause of death is listed as covid.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
It sounds like you are saying the extra money only comes if the cause of death is listed as covid.

I'm not sure for certain, however I think I recall just taking care of covid patients would be reimbursed at a higher rate because of all the care they would need, that was at the beginning anyway, might have changed.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
If any covid patient results in reimbursement regardless of cause of death where is the incentive to fib on the death certificate?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts

This article explains why it has to be listed on the death certificate to qualify for CARES act monies.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Dr.Franklin
wow, how many of these mistakes are there?

if that makes sense,

Yes you did.

And no it doesn't.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
My guess would be,  the reimbursement is higher if that is the listed cause of death on top of the already increased payments for taking care of a person with covid.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Read the article...there is a teir for death by pnemonia...a tier for death by covid...and a teir for death by covid on ventilator.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@zedvictor4
what
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
lol all this article does is convince me that the trump administration is more incompetent that I already thought. They have done nothing to try to standardize the reporting. So different states are reporting stats differently. 

Basically, the federal government is doing nothing to try to get accurate stats, so some of the stats aren't accurate. They are also trying to defund testing to make it look like the issue is less serious than it is. You look at that and want to use it to pretend the crisis isn't serious. Most logical people look at that and think "why the hell hasn't the government gotten the testing and reporting fixed yet, it has been months".  

Shit like this is why trump is now down by double digits. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Shit like this is why trump is now down by double digits. 

I really don't care if Trump loses at this point. Liberal cities are on fire right now. No elite is safe. 
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
I really don't care if Trump loses at this point. Liberal cities are on fire right now. No elite is safe. 
yes, there are widespread peaceful protests with a few random acts of violence. That definitely equals "cities on fire". 

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Matt Hancock UK MP  urgent review into claims corona-virus deaths were miscounted. 

Health Secretary Matt Hancock has asked for the examination of Public Health England's (PHE) data - said by researchers to include a "statistical anomaly" by which "no one can ever recover from COVID-19 in England".

A government source confirmed that Public Health England ( PHE's )current method of calculation means if a person was previously diagnosed with COVID-19 but subsequently died of unrelated causes, their death would still be counted as part of PHE's daily coronavirus death tally.

Anyone surprised?  I'm not.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff

yes, there are widespread peaceful protests with a few random acts of violence. That definitely equals "cities on fire". 

And the cherry on top, a police chief injured.

"Few"..."Random"...attacks...what a joke opinion. Great satire HB.

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
ok, and how much of that violence was triggered by the police attacking protesters?

"Few"..."Random"...attacks...what a joke opinion. Great satire HB.
this is a pretty straight forward fox news kind of take. there are 10's or hundreds of thousands of people protesting. a couple dozen commit crimes. SO THEY ARE ALL TERRORISTS AND CRIMINALS!!!!!
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
 triggered by the police

Great satire lol. We should reinstitute Chop where the only people getting killed and injured were innocent non-cops.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
Great satire lol. We should reinstitute Chop where the only people getting killed and injured were innocent non-cops.
there have been countless videos of police attacking peaceful protesters. Their assault on people carrying out their right to protest causes alot of violence. The police then arrest people for the violence they caused. They then use those arrests as evidence that their assault was necessary. It's a vicious cycle. 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
Banning Ice bottles at peaceful protests will solve this confusion.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
Banning Ice bottles at peaceful protests will solve this confusion.
Banning police from attacking protesters would certainly help. Actually punishing and arresting police who attack would be better. But the police will protect their own from consequences. 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
If only we could get the peaceful protesters from throwing ice bottles at innocent statues and accidentally hitting officer friendly.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
If only we could get the peaceful protesters from throwing ice bottles at innocent statues and accidentally hitting officer friendly.
If only we could keep police officers from attacking peaceful protesters. 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
If only we could keep police officers from attacking peaceful bottle throwers.

I mean, we could just reinstate chop and not have police to blame when more Democrats kill themselves. I am fine with that.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
If only we could keep police officers from attacking peaceful bottle throwers.

we've been through this. Police abuse protesters. Protesters are justifiably angry and some of them retaliate. The police use that pretext to attack more protesters. As a society we can't control the actions of every angry protester. You know who we can control? The people we are hiring and training to uphold the law. Maybe we get them to actually obey it and reduce the violence. 
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@HistoryBuff
it aint the police fault