Massive police brutality thread created on twitter by T. Greg Doucette

Author: Username

Total: 58
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
Anyone who dares challenge the state deserves to be attacked or killed.

That's exactly how you put down violent armed revolts. Lincoln did it.
HistoryBuff
Debates: 0
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
lincoln fought a civil war. Trump is having protesters shot. Can you really not see the difference?

Username
Debates: 9
Username
-->
@ILikePie5
Joe Biden doesn't support defunding police either, but sure, support the "when the looting starts, the shooting starts" guy.

I understand that police usually don't kill people. Great. What a high standard I hold them to. But during the protests/riots they're turning into a death squad, and yet the police comissioner comes out and cries over them being demonized by the media. All I ask is that police don't attack protestors, and act with some restraint. It's your job for christ sake.

You're right. I guess the National Pancreatic Cancer Foundation should focus on skin cancer too because it's the most common type of cancer. That stupid foundation, always focusing on the smaller problems.

School choice? Like having millions of poor Americans just move out to a different school, abandon the schools in their neighborhood, and fill up schools that are going to take a massive economic blow by sustaining all of these new kids? I doubt that'll do much, if school vouchers is what you're talking about here. 

What do you even mean by "embedding family values",

Yeah, I know that increased funding in poor black communities isn't going to fix everything. But there needs to be a proactive effort to improve all aspects of life there, and yes, we need to spend money on it. 

Username
Username
-->
@Dr.Franklin
who said he didnt know hw to ride a horse? overeaction

Clearly if he's running people over he doesn't know how to ride a horse.
thet was organized and they werent ANY cars on the road, that road was off limits, theres plently of protests recently that were on roads
Source this claim.
they cant do that if they morons trying to stop them advance

They absolutely can. They weren't even trying to.
if he escalated things, police try and isolate him to arrest him, seems he was running through the crowd creating chaos, but blame the cops on that?

We need context here. The original poster said that the police walked in and started attacking people. 
with blanks at his from far away so we dont where it hit people, and yes they WAS RIOTS, maybe that shooting was neccessary?

From the roof, shooting tear gas... Doing nothing but harming people. 

Yeah, riots happened LATER. There was no sign of violence from that video. Stop conflating protestors with rioters.

and its a duty of the civilian to not interfere with their ways if not brutality which is 99% of the time

I agree, it's not smart to attack police. 

Even you admitted that 2/8 examples "looked pretty bad".  And there are hundreds of these. They're kidnapping people.

the enemy is the communist anarchist protestors and mobs, not the police

I will NOT side with the police if they are attacking innocents and practicing indiscriminant violence. If you do, you are an authoritarian by definition.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@Username
Joe Biden doesn't support defunding police either, but sure, support the "when the looting starts, the shooting starts" guy.
That’s a lie. He supports redirecting funds elsewhere. That’s defunding. Guess what? When people are out looting, people with guns will stand and protect their property.

I understand that police usually don't kill people. Great. What a high standard I hold them to. But during the protests/riots they're turning into a death squad, and yet the police comissioner comes out and cries over them being demonized by the media. All I ask is that police don't attack protestors, and act with some restraint. It's your job for christ sake.
What you’re advocating for is the police doing nothing while rocks and chemicals in bottles are thrown at them. What you’re advocating for is letting federal courthouses burn. What you’re advocating for is violence. 

You're right. I guess the National Pancreatic Cancer Foundation should focus on skin cancer too because it's the most common type of cancer. That stupid foundation, always focusing on the smaller problems.
It’s a political organization where all the funds get diverted to Democratic candidates. They don’t give two shits about black people. They want to burn down the system. They want to abolish cops. And guess who would help them do that? Democrats. False equivalency fallacy.

School choice? Like having millions of poor Americans just move out to a different school, abandon the schools in their neighborhood, and fill up schools that are going to take a massive economic blow by sustaining all of these new kids? I doubt that'll do much, if school vouchers is what you're talking about here. 
What’s your solution? Throwing more money at failed public schools in inner cities? Ya keep promoting failure.

What do you even mean by "embedding family values",
1. Graduating from high school.

2. Waiting to get married until after 21 and do not have children till after being married.

3. Having a full-time job.

Following these three rules decreases your chance of landing in poverty drastically.

Yeah, I know that increased funding in poor black communities isn't going to fix everything. But there needs to be a proactive effort to improve all aspects of life there, and yes, we need to spend money on it. 
Throwing more money hasn’t done anything for the last 5 decades and isn’t going to do anything. Keeping up failing public schools in inner cities at the behest of teachers unions who protect crappy teachers there is grounds for disaster.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
Liberals can’t even protect themselves because they don’t believe in the Second Amendment. All of these riots have been a wake up call for Americans. Gun and ammo sales are through the roof.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Username
This is 1984 shit. I don't have time for authoritarians.

Lol, absolute bullshit. Trump isn't sending troops into your home. He is protecting his property and paid venues from people there for the express purpose to sow hate and discord in the middle of a rally. If anything, trying to censor a political rally by getting invited and then crashing the event is borderline unconstitutional infringing on the right of Trump supporters to peaceably assemble at a private venue without the jackbooted protesters censoring their event and then asking for a forceful removal when ignoring requests for them to leave. You can be invited and also uninvited to a paid venue. There is nothing Orwellian at all about that, and to equate the protection of private property and freedom of association with the force of government taking those protections away as was done in the book shows a profound reading comprehension failure.

It's the Marxist left that routinely tramples the rights of private property with outrageous laws and confiscatory policies. For the Marxist left, the fewer protections of private property and person, the better.
Username
Username
-->
@ILikePie5
That’s a lie. He supports redirecting funds elsewhere. That’s defunding. Guess what? When people are out looting, people with guns will stand and protect their property.

Oh the horror of redirecting funds elsewhere... You realize that you can stop crime in more ways than one, right?

This whole "Police Unions are the only problem" claim is unsubstantiated and you've failed to suggest how Republicans plan to weaken the Police Unions. 

What you’re advocating for is the police doing nothing while rocks and chemicals in bottles are thrown at them. What you’re advocating for is letting federal courthouses burn. What you’re advocating for is violence. 

[citation needed]

It’s a political organization where all the funds get diverted to Democratic candidates. They don’t give two shits about black people. They want to burn down the system. They want to abolish cops. And guess who would help them do that? Democrats. False equivalency fallacy.

Nice whataboutism.

What’s your solution? Throwing more money at failed public schools in inner cities? Ya keep promoting failure.

Allocating money more efficiently, creating community organizations that lower crime rates, and yes, funding schools. Schools in these communities are still very poor and often do not have the rescources to perform well. So clearly if the money's there the efficiency isn't and if the efficiency is there the money isn't.

1. Graduating from high school.

2. Waiting to get married until after 21 and do not have children till after being married.

3. Having a full-time job.

Following these three rules decreases your chance of landing in poverty drastically.

How to enforce this?
Username
Username
-->
@Greyparrot
When did I talk about a rally?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Username
How to enforce this?

Instead of looking for government to enforce good behavior, cultural harmony, and good life choices at the barrel of the gun, have you considered using incentives instead?

Like school choice, incentivizing public schools to perform better as Sweden did with their education reforms...payments for fathers that choose to raise kids instead of jail for the ones that do not... Financial incentives for young people for waiting to get married...

A host of programs geared at providing more opportunities for full-time employment such as subsidized trade schools, minimum wage waivers for on the job training, and other financial incentives aimed at employers who employ young people from poor neighborhoods.

I'm sure a creative approach with incentives can help with the low high school graduation rates, teen pregnancy, low job opportunities, and the fatherless home problems plaguing Democrat-run cities over Congressional mandates, fines, and imprisonment.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Username
Oh the horror of redirecting funds elsewhere... You realize that you can stop crime in more ways than one, right?
Thanks for conceding Biden supports defunding the police. And no. Crime is going to surge without the police. It already is in places like New York.

This whole "Police Unions are the only problem" claim is unsubstantiated and you've failed to suggest how Republicans plan to weaken the Police Unions. 

Shamefully rejected by Senate Democrats.

[citation needed]
So you do believe federal property should be protected and rioters should be arrested? Glad to know.

Nice whataboutism.
Yup keep dodging. I showed you why your analogy was false.

Allocating money more efficiently, creating community organizations that lower crime rates, and yes, funding schools. Schools in these communities are still very poor and often do not have the rescources to perform well. So clearly if the money's there the efficiency isn't and if the efficiency is there the money isn't.
Yup school choice is important. Glad you agree. Public schools in inner cities are extremely well funded. They still fail. Efficiency is where school choice comes in.

How to enforce this?
You don’t enforce it. Incentivize it. Greyparrot laid out a great plan.
Username
Username
-->
@Greyparrot
I don't oppose trying out financial incentivization of good behavior. It'll have to be a lot of money though as often criminal activity is often the easiest way for people to get financially stable quickly. And ofc it's not a guaranteed fix.

I don't like Democrats and I think they pay lip service to actual issues. Not that Republicans are better.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
I don't like Democrats and I think they pay lip service to actual issues. Not that Republicans are better.

Be creative and support the people in both parties that do care and have a plan and a will to follow through.
Username
Username
-->
@ILikePie5
Thanks for conceding Biden supports defunding the police. And no. Crime is going to surge without the police. It already is in places like New York.

Biden supporting redirecting funds, not doing away with police altogether.
Not a single mention of the word Union. Pivot. A more hefty Democratic bill is going through the house of reps right now.

Yup keep dodging. I showed you why your analogy was false.

Your initial point was that BLM doesn't care about Black on Black crime. My point was that organizations don't have to stand for one thing if they stand for another thing. You then went on a rant about BLM and the Democrats. How'd you show me my analogy was false?

Yup school choice is important. Glad you agree. Public schools in inner cities are extremely well funded. They still fail. Efficiency is where school choice comes in.

By school choice do you mean improving schools? Or do you mean letting students have school vouchers so they can crowd up some school outside of their neighborhood? School vouchers do nothing to actually improve the communities the affected party lives in. They just send them out.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Username
 Or do you mean letting students have school vouchers so they can crowd up some school outside of their neighborhood? 

That's exactly the point of vouchers, allowing parents to crowd up efficient schools and rewarding those efficient schools with increased revenue while defunding the inefficient ones.

The parents get to choose, not a politician paid by teachers.

A parent can look at the school options and see if there is a big difference between the SAT scores of the students at one school vs the SAT scores of the students of another school, and then make an informed choice.

School reform begins with the Parents and it ends with the Teachers.
Username
Username
-->
@Greyparrot
So just leave neighborhood schools and their teachers to rot away while you strain to keep this now overcrowded school alive? Instead of maybe looking at how funds can be re-allocated? 

Do you realize how long the commutes are going to be when parents, who are often working two jobs/single, have to go to the nearest school OUTSIDE of their neighborhood? 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Username
Biden supporting redirecting funds, not doing away with police altogether.
Once again you’re dodging. Defunding means taking full or partial funds away from police officers. Biden supports this. You’re engaging in semantics. Biden supports partial defunding of police if that makes you feel better.

Not a single mention of the word Union. Pivot. A more hefty Democratic bill is going through the house of reps right now.
You said how would unions get weaker? Well there are multiple provisions that would prevent unions from protecting officers because of the interactions they’d be required to report under law with penalty.

Your initial point was that BLM doesn't care about Black on Black crime. My point was that organizations don't have to stand for one thing if they stand for another thing. You then went on a rant about BLM and the Democrats. How'd you show me my analogy was false?
They don’t, when they should. Skin cancer activists support every other cancer treatment research. I never said they can’t stand for both things. The problem is they don’t stand for both things—only the one that is politically convenient for them.

By school choice do you mean improving schools? Or do you mean letting students have school vouchers so they can crowd up some school outside of their neighborhood? School vouchers do nothing to actually improve the communities the affected party lives in. They just send them out.
There are a plethora of ways school choice can be implemented and it’s not just through vouchers. The key is choice. Poor communities lack the funds to be able to enroll their child in a private school for example. Instead of gathering every child in a broken public school system, it increases efficiency if there are more options available to these parents. Will every child be accepted into a private school? Obviously not. Will public schools still exist? Sure. Will efficiency increase? Definitely because there are more options tailored to the child. I simply don’t see why you want the govt to force people to go to broken public schools that cannot be fixed. Fixing the community involved better education and school choice does that.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Username
So just leave neighborhood schools and their teachers to rot away while you strain to keep this now overcrowded school alive?

That is how you give incentives for reform. Overcrowd and financially reward the good schools. Defund the bad ones.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@HistoryBuff
no im not talkign the language of dictators, your allowed to be the enemy of people but dont be surprised when your enemy uses the same imtimidtaion tactics agaisnt you
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Username
Do you realize how long the commutes are going to be when parents, who are often working two jobs/single, have to go to the nearest school OUTSIDE of their neighborhood? 

Why do you care? It's their CHOICE, not yours. Right now, they do not have a choice.
Username
Username
-->
@ILikePie5
Once again you’re dodging. Defunding means taking full or partial funds away from police officers. Biden supports this. You’re engaging in semantics. Biden supports partial defunding of police if that makes you feel better.

You said "crime surges without the police". In Joe Biden's america, there would still be police.

You said how would unions get weaker? Well there are multiple provisions that would prevent unions from protecting officers because of the interactions they’d be required to report under law with penalty.

Where is this?

And your whole thing here is predicated on the false and unsupported assumption that Unions are the ONLY problem with police. Police are willing to unjustly protect each other and cross out crimes whether there are unions or not.

They don’t, when they should. Skin cancer activists support every other cancer treatment research. I never said they can’t stand for both things. The problem is they don’t stand for both things—only the one that is politically convenient for them.

Why do you assume they don't care?

There are a plethora of ways school choice can be implemented and it’s not just through vouchers. The key is choice. Poor communities lack the funds to be able to enroll their child in a private school for example. Instead of gathering every child in a broken public school system, it increases efficiency if there are more options available to these parents. Will every child be accepted into a private school? Obviously not. Will public schools still exist? Sure. Will efficiency increase? Definitely because there are more options tailored to the child. I simply don’t see why you want the govt to force people to go to broken public schools that cannot be fixed. Fixing the community involved better education and school choice does that.

I thought you meant "school vouchers" by school choice. I understand now. 

How would the plan work? Kids are allowed to go to private schools now. A kid I am a mentor for lives in a very poor neighborhood but goes to a private school regardless. They just don't have the money. 

And I disagree with the notion that public schools are un-fixable. If the problem isn't the amount of money given, it's where the money's going. 
Username
Username
-->
@Greyparrot
Why do you think increased govt. funding for schools will be efficient when it's done here but not when it's done now?

Vouchers for private schools is a fine but very small scale solution. Sending a bunch of kids to a public school will overcrowd, create massive transportation problems, and will ruin the local schools. The public schools that the kids will be going to will have to accept them, so "choice" is very subjective. 
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Username
learly if he's running people over he doesn't know how to ride a horse.
yes he does know but he accidently trampled a lady who sourounded the police and overwhelmed the horse

Source this claim.
its common knowledge that you can use the road for an organized protest but not a unorgnaized hooligan party at night past the curfew

They absolutely can. They weren't even trying to.
they were absolutely tyring the block the police advance

We need context here. The original poster said that the police walked in and started attacking people. 
he was most likely biased againbst police and he was a holligan creating disruptions

From the roof, shooting tear gas... Doing nothing but harming people. 

Yeah, riots happened LATER. There was no sign of violence from that video. Stop conflating protestors with rioters.
how do you know the exact time, you coudlbnt see cleary from that angle either

I agree, it's not smart to attack police. 

Even you admitted that 2/8 examples "looked pretty bad".  And there are hundreds of these. They're kidnapping people.

2/8 for supposed police brutality is a pretty bad percentage, and i dont feel like going through the same nonsense on reddit where a confrontation happens and then its "brutality"

thats not secret police, that is riot control, escalates are pinned down and arrested, labeling this as "kidnapping" is truly disgusting

I will NOT side with the police if they are attacking innocents and practicing indiscriminant violence. If you do, you are an authoritarian by definition.
"innocents"

they are not innocent and the police is not practice any of that behavior other than 2 legimate examples in that thread,
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Username
Why do you think increased govt. funding for schools will be efficient when it's done here but not when it's done now?

Who chooses how the money is spent right now? The parents or the teachers? The parents don't have nearly as large of a lobby for controlling the politicians. School vouchers end the need for lobbies and places the responsibility for the funding of schools 100% in the hands of the parents. The teachers will have zero say as to how the funds will be allotted, which is by design.

create massive transportation problems,
Which are much easier to solve than the 50 years of allowing politicians and teachers to allocate school funding. Both in the short and long term.

and will ruin the local schools. 
That is the entire point of reform. Destroy bad schools that are unable or refuse to reform.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Username
You realize how negligent it is to surround and terrify an animal that has a natural herd instinct and is large enough to accidentally trample you to death?
Yes, I do. What is your point?
Username
Username
-->
@Dr.Franklin
yes he does know but he accidently trampled a lady who sourounded the police and overwhelmed the horse

You have literally no idea whether it was an accident or not. Now you're saying it was the lady's fault for "overwhelming the horse"? Pivot. 

Excuse me for thinking that if you're a cop you shouldn't be running over people in the street whether it's an accident or not.

its common knowledge that you can use the road for an organized protest but not a unorgnaized hooligan party at night past the curfew

You don't even know what the curfew was. I know what I saw - if the policeman thought he was breaking the law he could've confronted him, but instead he opened up his door just to hurt him.

they were absolutely tyring the block the police advance

The police were walking into a protest. If someone comes up to you you tell them to move, not push them. That escalates.

he was most likely biased againbst police and he was a holligan creating disruptions

Oh I'm sure.

how do you know the exact time, you coudlbnt see cleary from that angle either
I saw people at the front by the police with signs up just standing there. There was no sounds/any violence whatsoever. 
2/8 for supposed police brutality is a pretty bad percentage, and i dont feel like going through the same nonsense on reddit where a confrontation happens and then its "brutality"

2/8 from your perspective. You said 99% of these altercations were not brutality. I proved you wrong.

A confrontation? The second top post of all time is a policeman causing a woman to have a MISCARRIAGE by KNEELING ON HER NECK .

Police have been recorded putting people in unmarked minivans. But of course calling that what it is is "truly disgusting". 

You by default assume that protestors are violent but do not default assume that police are violent. What a joke.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
You have literally no idea whether it was an accident or not. Now you're saying it was the lady's fault for "overwhelming the horse"? Pivot. 

Excuse me for thinking that if you're a cop you shouldn't be running over people in the street whether it's an accident or not.
it wasnt all of her fault but of course screaming at cops and sourounding them put you in a place to be trampled, thats a fact

You don't even know what the curfew was. I know what I saw - if the policeman thought he was breaking the law he could've confronted him, but instead he opened up his door just to hurt him.

they put up a cerfew at 8

The police were walking into a protest. If someone comes up to you you tell them to move, not push them. That escalates.

they are police! there not there to play nice and ask politely

Oh I'm sure.
a young white man at a BLACK LIVES MATTER protest running around in a crowd is trouble

I saw people at the front by the police with signs up just standing there. There was no sounds/any violence whatsoever. 
no you didnt see anything, yoiu are just claiming that it was peaceful even though that building is burned down now!

2/8 from your perspective. You said 99% of these altercations were not brutality. I proved you wrong.

A confrontation? The second top post of all time is a policeman causing a woman to have a MISCARRIAGE by KNEELING ON HER NECK .

Police have been recorded putting people in unmarked minivans. But of course calling that what it is is "truly disgusting". 

You by default assume that protestors are violent but do not default assume that police are violent. What a joke.
altercations that arent so called "brutality" just altercations in general

i havent seen the context from the second clip

unmarked vans isnt a secret police!

police are there to use violence if neccessary
Username
Username
-->
@Dr.Franklin
it wasnt all of her fault but of course screaming at cops and sourounding them put you in a place to be trampled, thats a fact

So we can't stand around cops now? When was she she screaming, she was just holding a sign up? 

they put up a cerfew at 8

True, but still - it was senseless, angry violence and a complete lack of self control. If he wanted to arrest him he could've. He just attacked him instead.

they are police! there not there to play nice and ask politely

a young white man at a BLACK LIVES MATTER protest running around in a crowd is trouble

Pretty sure he's running around because he's getting beaten with sticks. 

no you didnt see anything, yoiu are just claiming that it was peaceful even though that building is burned down now!

I saw the front of the crowd. 

Say I'm by a vase. I'm just chilling there. Then some guy comes in 30 minutes later and sees that the vase is broken. Did I break the vase? Because I was there before the vase was broken? No.

altercations that arent so called "brutality" just altercations in general

Altercations that result in unneccesary brutality are brutality.

i havent seen the context from the second clip

I'm sorry but what you're saying here  is literally evil. If you don't know how to kneel on a neck you don't do it - that's why these protests happen in the first place. Clearly he did it wrong because she lost her child. He was also tazing her stomach. She was not resisting. Once again - you need to take a second to look at what you're saying before you say it. I thought pro-life people cared about unborn babies?

unmarked vans isnt a secret police!

Police are throwing people into random vans where you can't see their actions/who's doing what. It's obstructive, pointless, and easily allows police to get away with egregious violence/kidnappings. What  else do police need to do for them to be secret police? WE CANT EVEN IDENTIFY WHO EACH INDIVIDUAL IS BECAUSE THEIR CARS ARE UNMARKED.
police are there to use violence if neccessary

Can protestors use violence if neccesary? Can I attack policemen if they do something wrong? 

The violence you're seeing from the cops is overboard. The riots are also overboard. You only oppose one.