Author: Vader

Total: 133
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
said something they don't like.

I get it, Let's defend cronyism no matter where we find it. Orangemanbad, duh.
HistoryBuff
Debates: 0
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
I get it, Let's defend cronyism no matter where we find it. Orangemanbad, duh.
Charter schools are a terrible idea. But they are besides the point here. One union said something and you want to pretend like this somehow is relevant to all teachers in america. You point to a small number of rioters and pretend like it applies to all protesters. It is pathetic. 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
Charter schools are a terrible idea. 
Don't you mean to say competition is a terrible idea? I mean we are defending cronyism here are we not?
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Greyparrot
if masks work why did they let all those prisoners out of jail instead of giving them masks?  what about all the ones still incarcerated?  Haven't heard of a raging epidemic in the prison systems or in non NY nursing homes.  Obviously there ARE ways to manage this because it has been and is being done.  Hell funerals don't transmit covid apparently maybe education doesn't either?
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
Don't you mean to say competition is a terrible idea? I mean we are defending cronyism here are we not?
This conversation isn't about charter schools. I'm not segueing off onto that topic. I'm going to leave it at them being a bad idea. 

The point is that you are trying to take the opinion of one union of teachers and pretend like this is all teachers. The same way you point to a handful of rioters and try to paint all protesters as terrorists. It is despicable. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
 I'm going to leave it at them being a bad idea. 

I agree Cronyism is a great idea, and should be defended at all costs.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Stop making sense here. We have an Orangemanbad to worry about Nov 3.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
I agree Cronyism is a great idea, and should be defended at all costs.
again, i'm not getting sucked into discussing charter schools with you. 

But I see you continue to dodge the disgusting way you are attempting to paint millions of people by the actions of a tiny number. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
again, i'm not getting sucked into discussing charter schools with you. 

There is nothing to discuss. We both agree that Cronyism is a good thing.

You have convinced me.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
I love how he disregards my post about Civil Rights and the 10th amendment 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
Just agree with him. It's easier that way.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
Just agree with him. It's easier that way.
Yeeeeeeeee instead of reeeeeeeee
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@Vader
And that might be fine for you because you are politically conscious. But for all of the kids that don’t have convictions yet, they get corrupted by the system into not caring or being a super libtard. I’d rather parents have the opportunity to teach their kids free from propaganda.

But if you like lectures so much, I’m sure that public school funding could get partially cut and have teachers simply record lectures + be open to answering questions every few days
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@bmdrocks21
Colleges being largely all online is gonna suck for Democrats because college turnout in swing states like University of NH and University of Michigan matter
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
There is nothing to discuss. We both agree that Cronyism is a good thing.

You have convinced me.

so you're just going to completely dodge what we were talking about in a sad attempt to distract? Sounds about right for your debating abilities. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
Who gives a fuck? We agree on Cronyism. The world is a safer place now.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
Who gives a fuck? We agree on Cronyism. The world is a safer place now.
I'm not getting into this with you. It is really sad and pathetic that you are still trying. 

It is also sad and pathetic that you continue to dodge the disgusting way you are attempting to paint millions of people by the actions of a tiny number. 
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@bmdrocks21
Ha! I wish. Too bad teachers are too lazy to decipher anything with e-Learning and would rather make their students suffer by not putting them in a classroom with a healthy learning environment
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@HistoryBuff
There were many reports about a second wave occurring. If they don’t like Trump, they could’ve predicted the wave and adapted better. You can plan for these events looking at statistics
how would they do that exactly? In order to adapt they need to make significant changes, many of which would require additional funding. For example denmark installed lots of extra sinks, massively increased cleaning (which would require more hiring), cut class sizes to allow students to spread out more, staggared recesses to keep kids apart, mandated they could only stay in specific groups (no changing between groups during recess) etc. Alot of the changes that would make this work require more training and more resources. You can't do that without government support, which they aren't getting. 
And they couldn't have made changes in that time period. Trump cares about the education system, not what a school in Illinois does. The states must decide the best policy. The state governments need to decide what they think is effective and ultimately make the decision. Trump can advise them, but he takes confidence in a states ability to lead.

Give me a fucking break. Teachers aren’t even doing 1/2 the work they normally do in a school setting, yet are making nearly 80-100k a year and are not getting paycuts.
They are adapting to a global crisis the same way everyone else is and you want to punish them for that. Jesus, that is brutal. 
If I get payed $1 for every box I pack, and my boss told me to pack 100, and I only pack 50, I'd make $50 versus $100. If you do 1/2 the work, you get 1/2 the pay. 

Cutting their pay incentives them to go to school and get working. 
so your position is they have to risk death for themselves and their families by returning to an unsafe school, or have their families starve? Do you not see how stupid that is?
With proper social distancing guidelines, sanitation stations, mandatory entrance tests, etc, there will be no need to fear. A school can be made much safer if PROPER planning went into place for the time they had to discuss

Think about seniors. Seniors won’t be able to experience the life of a senior, like you probably have. You had the privilege of attending a Homecoming, Prom, and football games. Our class may not even have that? And you want to lockdown? Give me a break
are you willing to sacrifice your classmates lives, your life, your family's lives just so you can have a dance and football games? That is psychotic. 
So you'd rather have the future generations of children grow up to be lazy screen dwellers, who do easy assignments with no teacher support, have their lives destroyed, cripple the mental health of seniors to the point where seniors are depressed. You'd rather do that versus having safe instruction? Good to note you don't care about the students.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5

Yeeeeeeeee instead of reeeeeeeee
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@bmdrocks21
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Vader
And they couldn't have made changes in that time period.
without proper funding, training and the government making decisions about what changes to make? no they couldn't. 

Trump cares about the education system, not what a school in Illinois does.
lol that's like saying I like kids, but I don't care if some specific kids die. Either you want schools to be safe, or you don't.

If I get payed $1 for every box I pack, and my boss told me to pack 100, and I only pack 50, I'd make $50 versus $100. If you do 1/2 the work, you get 1/2 the pay. 
this makes no sense for a couple reasons.

1) who pays that way? virtually everyone gets paid an hourly rate or a salary. So right off the top your example is useless. 
2) even using that case, it still makes no sense. they are still teaching the same number of kids. They are still teaching the same classes. that hasn't changed. The only thing that has changed is the method they are using to teach them. 
3) even if I accepted that they were somehow doing less work (which I don't) your suggestion is incredibly cruel. Changes are needed to keep students and teachers safe. You want to punish those teachers because safety measures are needed. That is stupid. That is how you drive teachers into another line of work and create a massive shortage of trained teachers. 

With proper social distancing guidelines, sanitation stations, mandatory entrance tests, etc, there will be no need to fear. A school can be made much safer if PROPER planning went into place for the time they had to discuss
I agree. But there are no requirements to do any of those things. There isn't proper funding and training to help schools do those things. Therefore, since those things are not going to be able to be implemented properly, it is incredibly unsafe to reopen the schools. 

So you'd rather have the future generations of children grow up to be lazy screen dwellers, who do easy assignments with no teacher support, have their lives destroyed, cripple the mental health of seniors to the point where seniors are depressed.
lol i would like future generations to be alive. And to have families that are alive. And live in a country where the economy hasn't imploded because we never got a pandemic under control. 

Good to note you don't care about the students.
you advocate forcing students and teachers into an unsafe environment putting them and their families at risk. But somehow I am the one who doesn't care about them? That is just delusional. 
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@Greyparrot
What about lasers?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@bmdrocks21
peaceful protestors put some police in the hospital.

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
peaceful protestors put some police in the hospital.
the level of ignorance on the right is astounding. Police attack these people day after day escalating the violence. Then people on the right wing point to the violence as evidence the police were right to attack them in the 1st place. 

That's like arguing we needed to invade iraq because troops get attacked there today. If you didn't start/escalate the violence, you wouldn't be having these problems. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
That's like arguing we needed to invade iraq because troops get attacked there today. If you didn't start/escalate the violence, you wouldn't be having these problems. 

Right, if only the Feds would just take their courthouses and buildings and move them to D.C. maybe Antifa and McVeigh wouldn't have had to attack those buildings.

Glad left and right-wing extremism can see eye to eye.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
Right, if only the Feds would just take their courthouses and buildings and move them to D.C. maybe Antifa and McVeigh wouldn't have had to attack those buildings.
because shooting the protesters in the head is doing so much good? Only someone blinded by ideology could see a policy (shooting and attacking protesters) that is failing miserably and think that the problem is that you just aren't escalating the violence badly enough. 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
Exactly...why did Trump's Goons have to assault McVeigh and Antifa for peacefully attacking a Federal Building?
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
Exactly...why did Trump's Goons have to assault McVeigh and Antifa for peacefully attacking a Federal Building?
lol there you go again blaming an entire group of people for the actions of a small minority. Someone committed acts of vandalism, so the police attacked protesters. Once the protesters got attacked, they armed themselves more to defend themselves against the thugs attacking them. Then the police started shooting them and kidnapping them off the streets, so they armed themselves further. 

The police are escalating a cycle of violence. They are not improving the situation, they are only making it worse. 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
I agree, the few radical left fucktards in Antifa should be allowed to peacefully assault federal buildings without getting the Tim McVeigh treatment from Trump's goons.

The FBI should respect the shield of innocent peaceful protestors just like they respect the Mosques and children Islamic terrorists hide behind.