Has BLM gone too far?

Author: BearMan

Total: 153
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
-->
@BearMan
The police department do not just say that, it is a mentality running deep in many judges, lawyers etc. The issue isn't 'more crimes' it's that they feel blacks deserve harsher punishments for the same crimes too (on top of being more likely to convict them as guilty). Black people have a disproportionate amount of wrongful incarceration. On the other hand, racial beating of black people have a disproportionate amount of wrongful vindication and 'does it even matter' mentality, as recently as the past decade. 

Here are two places to get started on educating yourself on the cause.
BearMan
Debates: 16
BearMan
There is no real problem of police brutality, besides a few rare occurrences that happen every 10 years. BLM is trying to solve a problem that is rarely there in the first place. BLM is literally feeding emotional stories to people, in hopes of making them think that it is a large problem. 

I actually agree that black people should get more of an advantage, as most of them live in broken down ghettos. But it shouldn't be enough of an advantage to destroy the entire system.
BearMan
BearMan
-->
@RationalMadman
Stop and frisk.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@BearMan
Wrong. There is. What you are talking about is perhaps literal points where deaths occur. There's been many cover-ups both at the point of arrest and by COs in prisons towards prisoners. 

Both the killing AND the general brutality are more severe, the latter in a much higher proportion.
BearMan
BearMan
-->
@RationalMadman
I see what you are saying. Is BLM actually targeting that problem? Or is it rambling on about police brutality and poor black people?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@BearMan
Stop and frisk is based on idiotic reasoning that often enables cops to unintentionally be racist, I agree.

The first issue with stop and frisk is that there is literally no objective list of criteria that the cops are trained to 'tick/check' when qualifying someone as deserving of it. It is therefore viable to argue that while a lot of it is active racism, especially in the original introduction of the 'stop and frisk' idea, it has become so ingrained to the cops that they will get almost no backlash and huge reward if they stop and frisk a black person. The amount of times that even high ranking black politicians in UK (not just US) have been stopped, searched and then the cops realised who it was and said 'sorry' the moment they did (often they say this before the frisking and let the politician be)... It is not okay for a fucking 17 year old black person to have been stopped and frisked many times, sometimes very aggressively if they resisted it, just because they are black. There needs to be very strict criteria set out for what qualifies someone as worthy of suspicion for the stopping and searching.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@BearMan
I see what you are saying. Is BLM actually targeting that problem? Or is it rambling on about police brutality and poor black people?
Since their origin BLM is the hugest reason that anyone even began to think of these things as genuine issues. Long before you think they were 'talking about it' they were talking about it and genuinely doing things to change laws, change enforcement of those laws and make things equal legally, financially and socially for black citizens of many nations around the planet, not just the US.

BLM is merely a congolmerate of several pro-black movements all who agree on similar core values.
BearMan
BearMan
-->
@RationalMadman
Notice how they only mention six people, and then say "among many others". That's because they can't think of any more. A clear example of the BLM propaganda triggering the availability bias in people. Though there are a lot of white on black killings, the study doesn't fully cover what actually happens. The reason the bias in the cop's minds is there in the first place is because the associate black people with committing crimes. Why? Because they tend to commit more crimes! Now I'm not being racist, this is an actual fact. Minority groups tend to commit more crimes. This is why we shouldn't "defund the police" like BLM suggested, but rather "re-educate the police, and help the blacks in need".
BearMan
BearMan
-->
@RationalMadman
So you're basically saying it doesn't actually do anything to solve the problem, but notify people about the problem? It seems hilarious to think that BLM, an influencer group, like you said, thinks it has the right to change the entire system, when they know much less about politics than the government itself.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@BearMan
No it isn't. There are many more and it is true they don' tknow them all, you literally can't know all of the people who were wrongfully abused by police officers and told to keep their mouth shut or framed/wrongully-incarcerated.

That said, they do know many more, what you read was an introduction. You are typing such pure ignorance evident from how soon you are typing is (it is literally impossible that you genuinely read all of what I linked to you and educated yourself on the topic before typing it). If it helps you feel better, have your right-wing bigot echo chamber here by all means. This site is full of that type and you can keep soothing yourself with their rhetoric nonsense or you can take a step back, stop typing and READ, watch DOCUMENTARIES meet REAL BLACK CITIZENS (after social distancing is over) and ASK THEM about it instead of some rich white Americans on a debate website telling you that BLM is toxic.
BearMan
BearMan
-->
@RationalMadman
Bruh I live in Baltimore.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@BearMan
So you're basically saying it doesn't actually do anything to solve the problem, but notify people about the problem? It seems hilarious to think that BLM, an influencer group, like you said, thinks it has the right to change the entire system, when they know much less about politics than the government itself.
It is not hilarious. Are you saying that you think the government is always right? Who pushes the government to change its ways?

Also, your first sentence is a complete horseshit-level ignorance lie. They have done so much, you are twisting what I said and not even reading a single link I post to you.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@BearMan
Then you have no excuse for your ignorance other than flat out stupidity. Idc if you report this, you are being an absolute fool on the matter and there's no polite way to put it. Just fucking read before typing. You cannot possibly have read what I said or linked you to before replying all that stuff.
BearMan
BearMan
-----> RationalMadman
I agree with what you are saying. I agree that Black Lives Matter has helped in the past. But I believe some things it does are downright wrong. 

This society is at the point where there is no more freedom of speech, besides on these indie websites where large media outlets don't focus on. I believe that BLM has contributed to the large censorship or backlash of slightly anti-BLM things.

I have read the facts and my thoughts remain largely the same: Black Lives Matter, BLM on the other spreads the cause, but can't really fix the problem correctly.
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
*Imagine posting three sources with next to no explanation of them, then getting mad when people don't spend an hour reading all of them*
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
I'm going to live by the philosophy I say with cops, don't judge by the minority. BLM supporters and most of the group members are good people that try to the best to improve our society. There is the minority that riot and are corrupt in that matter. I said the same thing with cops and I stand firm with BLM.

I've opened my eyes a lot about BLM and it's goals. I now understand it's goal and think it's a goal worth working toward, with a few minority who have different ambitions
Vader
Vader
BLM's ultimate goals of disbanding the police over a couple bad officers is inherently flawed. I'd like to see what a social worker would do when a gun gets pulled on them for a "routine" traffic stop, or catches them smuggling drugs
Vader
Vader
-->
@RationalMadman
Buddy, I'm no more rich than you are. I grew up in Trump's prime example of "hell," Chicago. I've seen a lot of things where I live that you never seen. Don't call my agenda flawed when I have friends on both sides of the spectrum, have changed my opinions based on that spectrum, and have actively tried to understand groups and natures of the world. I live with black citizens who have criticized the group BLM, yet still support the movement. I'm not rich by any means. I'm in the lower middle class. I payed for all of this technology through work.  I payed for 3/4 of my phone and others thing I buy. I buy clothes for myself, I buy food for myself if I don't eat at home. I don't think you understand the difference between rich and middle class

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Vader
I replied to Bearman, noone was talking to you. People who support blm and its cause yet talk shit about it are part of the problem.
Crocodile
Debates: 22
Crocodile
There is no real problem of police brutality, besides a few rare occurrences that happen every 10 years. BLM is trying to solve a problem that is rarely there in the first place. BLM is literally feeding emotional stories to people, in hopes of making them think that it is a large problem. 

I actually agree that black people should get more of an advantage, as most of them live in broken down ghettos. But it shouldn't be enough of an advantage to destroy the entire system.

"except for those few rare occurences"

Ah yes, I meet 1 thousand people and I only kill 2, and I maybe assault like 10 of em. I put like 20 in my basement.

I am a good guy right?
Crocodile
Crocodile
-->
@Vader
Baltimore is worse.
Crocodile
Crocodile
-->
@Vader
Literally out of 10 people i see while walking down the road, half are doing drugs, and the other half are dealing them
Vader
Vader
-->
@Crocodile
Crime is spreads. In Baltimore, all the crime in concentrated in the cities. In Chicago, the worse is in the cities, and it can spill over to suburbs. I'm always on my toes everywhere I go?

Have you ever been to Rockford, it's extremely dangerous
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@Crocodile
Ah yes, I meet 1 thousand people and I only kill 2, and I maybe assault like 10 of em. I put like 20 in my basement.
Statistically much much less than that if you take police interactions.
Crocodile
Crocodile
-->
@Vader
When I went to Chicago last year, I stayed in the nice parts.

There is no nice part of Baltimore. Except for the 5 blocks that is Johns Hopkins University
Crocodile
Crocodile
-->
@ILikePie5
sttattisically

bro police kill people

that is bad.

i think bad things should not exist.

i think we should make bad things good.

i don't agree with how blm is doing things, but dang bro killing people is not good ngl
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Crocodile
bro police kill people

that is bad.

i think bad things should not exist.

i think we should make bad things good.

i don't agree with how blm is doing things, but dang bro killing people is not good ngl
No one denies killing is bad but in the world a shit ton of bad things happen that aren’t preventable 
Crocodile
Crocodile
-->
@ILikePie5
are u saying police brutality is not preventable?

they literally train for a couple weeks. If they train for literally years like in other countries, police brutality wouldn't be as much of an issue.

don't fucking defund the police tho like wtf is that about.

if anything, fund the fucking police and increase their training budget
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Crocodile
are u saying police brutality is not preventable?

they literally train for a couple weeks. If they train for literally years like in other countries, police brutality wouldn't be as much of an issue.

don't fucking defund the police tho like wtf is that about.

if anything, fund the fucking police and increase their training budget
No matter what you do. Just like killers are going to exist, police brutality is going to exist. The key is getting it as low as possible which it arguably is right now.
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@BearMan
"If for the sake of Communism it is necessary for us to destroy 9/10ths of the people, we must not hesitate." "We must realize that our party's most powerful weapon is racial tensions. By propounding into the consciousness of the dark races that for centuries they have been oppressed by whites, we can mold them to the program of the Communist Party. In America we will aim for subtle victory. While inflaming the Negro minority against the whites, we will endeavor to instill in the whites a guilt complex for their exploitation of the Negros. We will aid the Negroes to rise in prominence in every walk of life, in the professions and in the world of sports and entertainment. With this prestige, the Negro will be able to intermarry with the whites and begin a process which will deliver America to our cause." Israel Cohen, A Racial Program for the Twentieth Century, 1912. Also in the Congressional Record, Vol. 103, p. 8559, June 7, 1957"
1912, yipes!

Step 1, pit the POOR and WORKING CLASSES AGAINST EACH OTHER.