Committed by Faith

Author: Stephen

Total: 46
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
But no, these concepts do actually have meaning that I believe becomes clearer with the study of scripture
I have yet to discover  what it is that these  gospellers actually mean when they use the words "Paradise" and "Heaven". And my studies of these scriptures are not fleeting, I can assure you.

But thankfully, it is not necessary to even be literate to be a good Christian. 
O dear o dear o dear.

Being a good Christian is not about knowing everything
Being a good atheist doesn't mean he/she has to have  faith in Jesus to be a good person of good character either , but Christians seem to believe they have the monopoly on who has good morals and who doesn't and that only christians can have decent morals. 

There is a difference between faith in The Truth and faith in knowledge. 
Sigh!
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ethang5
Nowhere in this passage does it say it is a “ god inspired” gospel truth.

Not in that particular verse it doesn't . But Timothy does inform us :

2 Timothy 3:16 King James Version (KJV)
All scripture is given by inspiration of God,

You really need to read, understand and above all, know your scriptures before firing off wild accusations of fraud.
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@Stephen
Paul is generally considered one of the most important figures of the Apostolic Age[10][11] and in the mid-30s to the mid-50s AD he founded several churches in Asia Minor and Europe.
Jesus is the only founder of the church in the NT. That is why Jesus calls it His church, and the name of the church is, "The Church Of Jesus Christ." Paul is an important figure, but he started no churches.

He took advantage of his status as both a Jew and a Roman citizen to minister to both Jewish and Roman audiences.
This is just fluff that says nothing about Paul starting any churches.

Nowhere in scripture does it say Paul heard the voice of a dead man rises
Read what I wrote and not what you believe I wrote.
I read exactly what you wrote, and nowhere in scripture does it say Paul heard the voice of a dead man rises

What was jesus if he wasn't a deadman risen?
The bible tells us Jesus was alive, not dead. Jesus was and is the King who is alive forevermore.

Are you now denying the resurrection.
No. I am denying your claim that Paul heard the voice of a deadman. Scripture says no such thing.

And I didn’t say that it says that in bible. 
You said, "all is supposed be a “ god inspired” gospel truth. Why is it supposed to be? If it doesn't say so in scripture, why do you think it's all is supposed be a “ god inspired” gospel truth?

You can't find contradiction, so you manufacture one, and then pretend its in the script. It isn't in the script. You later hedge by saying you didn't say it was in the bible, but that is the exact impression you intend to give.

Are you suggesting that those verses I have produced as examples of contradictions  are not from the Book of  Acts? 
No sir. I have shown you that you have produced no contradictions. You have said things that aren't true. You have manufactured fake " contradictions" by misstating what scripture says.

The anomalies are there to see. 
No sir. When I expose your fakery, we see no anomalies. The contradictions are in your false verses, not in scripture.

Get over it. The blinding muddled mind of these gospellers or Paul himself just cannot get their stories straight, and it gets worse.
Then why do you need to insert fake scriptire? If the gospel were really muddled, you would not need to muddle them further.
Stephen
Stephen
He took advantage of his status as both a Jew and a Roman citizen to minister to both Jewish and Roman audiences.
ethang5This is just fluff that says nothing about Paul starting any churches.

What it is saying in actual fact is that paul was quite two faced he said to a "Roman I will be a Roman to a Jew a Jew and to to a Greek a Greek", if it furthered the cause of his mission.

You said, "all is supposed be a “ god inspired” gospel truth. Why is it supposed to be?
because Timothy makes it quite clear they are GOD inspired. it doesn't take you long to start ignoring the facts does. CAN'T YOU READ???

You can't find contradiction, so you manufacture one, and then pretend its in the script.

yes you keep saying that but haven't shown myself or anyone what it is I have "manufactured" from those scriptures.

Then why do you need to insert fake scripture?

I haven't. I have taken them directly from Acts as anyone interested can check for themselves. I suggest you do so. And they DO contradict one another.
You don't know what you are talking about, you simply do not know or maybe haven't even read your own scriptures. if you are going to call me a liar then at least have the decency to show those reading here where and what about I have lied.

Acts 9:4 King James Version (KJV) contradicts Acts 26:14 which contradicts Acts 22:9 which then contradicts Acts 9:7.

One says Paul fell down and then another says they ALL fell down, One says they "heard not the voice"  another says "I heard a voice speaking unto me" then another verse tells us they all heard a voice 

And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man.

Get over it. The blinding muddled mind of these gospellers or Paul himself just cannot get their stories straight, and it gets worse.

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Stephen
Not in that particular verse it doesn't .
Exactly. Yet you brought up as if it did.

But Timothy does inform us :

I remain correct. Nothing in Acts say so. You remain incorrect. What you cite is not in the passage you quote. Stay honest and there will be no problems.

You really need to read, understand and above all, know your scriptures before firing off wild accusations of fraud
My assertion was right. The passage you cited did not mention 2nd Timothy. Mixing verses can be a type of fraud. That is why verses are uniquely numbered. Stay honest and there will be no problems.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ethang5
 Yet you brought up as if it did.

No you just assumed It Had implied to those verses in particular. I simply said they _ the GOSPLES_  are SUPPOSED to be god inspired.. yet it doesn't take seconds to find a flaws in them. get over it. 

I am simply highlighting the flaws in these SO CALLED GOD inspired scriptures.   Get Over it.  

I am not mixing anything you fool.

Those verses are from Acts and  are an example of what are supposed to be a “GOD INSPIRED” collection of scriptures ACCORDING TO TIMOTHY.
Deny it as much as you like, call me a fraud as much as you like, but those are the scriptures not mine, I didn't’ write them and the flaws and contradictions are not mine either. Stop crying,

Here they are again. get over it .

Acts 9:4 King James Version (KJV) contradicts Acts 26:14 which contradicts Acts 22:9 which then contradicts Acts 9:7.

One says Paul fell down and then another says they ALL fell down, One says they "heard not the voice"  another says "I heard a voice speaking unto me" then another verse tells us they all heard a voice 

And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man.

You are wasting your time completely trying to paint me as a liar and  accuse me of lying and making these verses up when they are so easily confirmed BY YOUR OWN SCRIPTURE.  How could I possibly believe I could get away with manufacturing and inventing, biblical scriptures that have never existed.

Pull yourself together man and stop denying the bloody obvious FACTS!!!!!
ethang5
ethang5
When you have an argument, you won't need to insult people and scream, and then go running to the mod.

Stay honest, and everything will be fine.

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Mopac
it is not necessary to even be literate to be a good Christian.
How does one read the Bible if illiterate? Are Christians so lazy they can't even be bothered to learn to read and write? Wouldn't that then leave them in a state of perpetual ignorance?

Being a good Christian is not about knowing everything
The expectation is not to know everything but at the very least, to know something of the world around them. Even the Ghost of Christmas Present warned Scrooge to avoid ignorance as that is one of mankinds major downfalls. Your posts seem to promote ignorance.

There is a difference between faith in The Truth and faith in knowledge. 
Faith in anything is dangerous. Understanding is what's important. Knowledge helps us to understand, ignorance does not.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@ethang5
There is another loss, well done.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ethang5

You are still accusing me of lying then.  It should be simple to prove is all you have to do is just show the members hear what is is I have lied about with supporting evidence.

Yes I will go to a mod should I believe someone is purposely derailing my threads with nonsense that has absolutely nothing to do with the theme of the OP.

So, where is your evidence of me lying? You have accused me multiple times now, it is about time you backed up your accusations.

You have accused me of manufacturing these verses below. I demand to see the proof.

One says Paul fell down and then another says they ALL fell down,
One says they "heard not the voice"  
another says "I heard a voice speaking unto me" 
then another verse tells us they all heard a voice 

And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man.

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Mopac
Being a good Christian is not about knowing everything. There is a difference between faith in The Truth and faith in knowledge. 

Amen. Our faith is in The Truth.

Jhn 1:13 - Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Jhn 1:14 - And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@ethang5
When you have an argument, you won't need to insult people and scream
Therefore, we can conclude you have no arguments when you just finished insulting a group of people for no reason?

The atheist will be in his dank, dark, corner, fuming and bitter, like a blind ant, shaking his fist at the sun.
That could very well explain why your posts are almost non-existent these days... well, except for the insults.

It's quite alright, you need not heed your own advice.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ethang5
Paul founded no church

So you keep insisting but I disagree with you. 
Paul is generally considered one ofthe most important figures of the Apostolic Age and in themid-30s to the mid-50s AD he founded severalchurches in Asia Minor and Europe.

Can you make any sense out of these statements?

On the one hand we are instructed to honour our parents and we will live a long lifeif we do.

Then we are told not to evenrecognise our own Fathers.

Then Jesus refuses to recognise his own Mother andhis siblings.

Then after being told to honour our mother and father we are toldby Jesus  not to love our parents or ourown sons or our own daughters more than him if we want to be worthy.

Exodus 20:12 King James Version (KJV)
Honour thy father and thy mother: thatthy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.

Matthew 23:9 King James Version (KJV)
And call no man your father upon the earth: for one isyour Father, which is in heaven.

Matthew 12: 47-48 King James Version (KJV)
Someone told him, “Your mother and brothers arestanding outside, wanting to speak to you.”
He replied to him, “Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?”

Matthew10: 37 King James Version(KJV) He that loveth father or mother more than me isnot worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthyof me.

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Stephen
Paul founded no church

So you keep insisting but I disagree with you. 
Disagree all you want. Jesus is the founder of the church. Paul says so, and scripture says so.

Can you make any sense out of these statements?
I will not play scatterbrain with you. After the error in your post is exposed, you just run to multiple never ending weird translations you insist are scripture.

No thanks.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ethang5
Jesus is the founder of the church. Paul says so, and scripture says so.
Jesus would have been appalled that a new religion had sprang up in his name.(1) He was a JEWISH KING of the JEWISH  nation. (2) He was HIGH PRIEST of the JEWISH nation and the JERUSALEM CHURCH. (3) Jesus brother James took over after Jesus was crucified for terrorism against the state of Rome.

After the error in your post is exposed, 
Show us all the "error"

never ending weird translations you insist are scripture.

Well why don't you put that right if you believe I have mistranslated them? I did ask you if you could make any sense out of them, because I sure as hell cannot.  One contradicts and conflicts the other/s as with those of Acts.

Here they are again, tell me why I have read them wrong and misinterpreted them. The floor is all yours.

On the one hand we are instructed to honour our parents and we will live a long life if we do. 

Then we are told not to even recognise our own Fathers. 

Then Jesus refuses to recognise his own Mother and his siblings.

Then after being told to honour our mother and father we are told by Jesus  not to love our parents or our own sons or our own daughters more than him if we want to be worthy.

Exodus 20:12 King James Version (KJV)
Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord
 thy God giveth thee.
So here ^^^^^ above^^^^^^ clearly we are being to to honour our parents by GOD.  YES OR NO?

Matthew 23:9 King James Version (KJV)
And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.
Here ^^^^^^^ above^^^^^^^ we are categorically told not to call anyone father on earth .  YES OR NO?

Matthew 12: 47-48 King James Version (KJV)
Someone told him, “Your mother and brothers are standing outside, wanting to speak to you.”
He replied to him, “Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?”
and here ^^^^^^ above^^^^^^ jesus refuses to recognise his mother and siblings and acts as if they didn't exist. YES OR NO

Matthew 10: 37 King James Version(KJV) He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
 And  above in  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this verse^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^  we are told by Jesus to love him more than our parents AND  our own CHILDREN , if we want to be worthy of HIM! YES OR NO?

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@ethang5
Finally he admits nay insists that the bible is not the word of god, no matter what the bible says.