"No rational person' can say Floyd's death was racially motivated"

Author: Stephen

Total: 45
HistoryBuff
Debates: 0
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
Floyd's family got zero money out of the billions donated to BLM. It's not about actual lives.
I don't understand your point. donating to try to the family of one victim would be about saving lives. but donating to save lives all over the country is not about saving lives?

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Greyparrot
let's not forget that black cop David Dorn, see far more non black people wearing tee shirts with his face on it, talking about him (and the others) than any blm fanboy.  Selective blindness won't let you see the irony in that.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
kids killed in Chicago on any given weekend etc

There is a disgusting statistic where 2900 blacks were shot in a year in Chicago, and 17 were shot by cops (white and black cops)

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
There is a disgusting statistic where 2900 blacks were shot in a year in Chicago, and 17 were shot by cops (white and black cops)
ok, but systemic racism fuels poverty. Poverty fuels crime. Crime fuels the murder rate. So systemic racism is still a big factor in that. 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
Systemic Poverty and inequality is also rampant in cities run by systemic Democrats for the past 50 years, most of them Democrats of color.

Seems like we can start with this first.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@HistoryBuff
ok, but systemic racism fuels poverty. Poverty fuels crime. Crime fuels the murder rate. So systemic racism is still a big factor in that. 
What has Lori Lightfoot done to solve poverty in Chicago 
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@Greyparrot
What does this have to do with the DNA of a person's melanin?
What? Being a drug addict? Not much, really
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
Systemic Poverty and inequality is also rampant in cities run by systemic Democrats for the past 50 years, most of them Democrats of color.

Seems like we can start with this first.
why? you seem to just be picking people you don't like and trying to point the finger at them. Meanwhile, the people you support are just as bad, if not worse than them. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
Im not picking anyone I like or don't like. These are the people responsible for 50 years of failed policies.

Let's start with the problems that have consistently gotten worse under their leadership. Them. 

More of the same isn't a viable solution.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
Im not picking anyone I like or don't like. These are the people responsible for 50 years of failed policies.
so the republicans who have pushed for horrible policies on a national, state and city level get a pass. We should only target democratic mayors.... 

Let's start with the problems that have consistently gotten worse under their leadership. Them. 
again, so we only target demcoratic mayors. We completely ignore any republicans in state of federal government who have spent decades making poor people's lives worse? Do you not see how partisan and ridiculous your argument appears to be?

More of the same isn't a viable solution.
agreed. This is why we need more progressive candidates to get rid of the neo-liberal hacks running the Democratic party. And also why we need to replace as many republicans as possible. 
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@HistoryBuff
again, so we only target demcoratic mayors. We completely ignore any republicans in state of federal government who have spent decades making poor people's lives worse? Do you not see how partisan and ridiculous your argument appears to be?
You mean Andrew Cuomo and Bill de Blasio in NY

JB Pritzker and Lori Lightfoot in Illinois

Eric Garcetti and Gavin Newsome in California

Mike Duggan and Gretchen Whitmer in Michigan

Democrats has filibuster proof majorities in 2008 and they didn’t do anything. No Republicans could do anything statewide and nationwide and nothing happened. Ofc you’ll just say those weren’t real Democrats while supporting the same old Joe, who is proven to do nothing for poor people.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
We should only target democratic mayors.... 

Lets start with 9 out of the top 10 worst.

Then we can get that rogue Republican in Stockton

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
while supporting the same old Joe, who is proven to do nothing for poor people.

He doesn't like the status quo Joe.

This is no surprise to most of us. Their policies have failed for decades and will continue to fail because they're simply not grounded in reality. They make policy based on some future utopia that doesn't exist instead of the actual world we live in. That's a recipe for failure, and that's all they do.

They can say it's because people are poor and that may be. More importantly, people are dependent on government agencies to supply them with their necessities. Since they are handed everything and not working like many others, they have time on their hands. Time to get in trouble. Their fatherless families, lack of respect for authority and lack of independence, AND the desire to change their situations are all sabotage of success of law-abiding contributing members of society and the good of mankind.

But I am adding I was shocked as hell when I heard Trump allocated 16 BILLION dollars to Cummings district of Baltimore Maryland alone in 2018. I am in the process of searching how much money just in the last 10 years went to some of these 'poor' cities and what the heck they did they with all the money. I think these leaders have a lot to answer for and instead of crying racism every time they are in the limelight for flaws in their management, they need to do what they were elected to do. Unfortunately, many of the same Democrat leaders are elected over and over so nothing ever changes even though billions are funneled in.

Ok now, look into the history of the industries that used to thrive in most of those areas.

You mean the industries that had to flee the country to survive after NAFTA (Clinton) and Democratic tax laws?
Or the ones that were doing better, but had to flee these cities because of the additional tax burden imposed on them by Democratic leadership?
As far as someone stepping in and attempting to fix those broken cities, it certainly wasn't Democrats or they wouldn't be the hellholes they are now.

No.. what Democrats did was come in, promise the moon and deliver nothing in return for votes and put a bunch of money into their own pockets in the process of consolidating power. Unless you are attempting to say that Democratic policies somehow "worked" after the Federal government has thrown billions and billions and billions of taxpayer dollars into Democratic hands to "fix" it?

Or you could simply admit that 50 years of uncontested Democratic policies for centrally planned urban development don't actually work in reality because...well take a ride around and look.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@bmdrocks21
1. Detroit 1962-present Democrat
2. St. Louis 1953-present Democrat
3. Oakland 1977-present Democrat
4. Memphis 1893-present Democrat (130 years of uncontested rule...wow!)
5. Birmingham 1975-present Democrat
6. Atlanta 1991-present Democrat (back to 1955 if you leave out the one republican 88-91)
7. Baltimore 1967-present Democrat
8. Stockton alternating Dem/Repub
9. Cleveland 1990-present Democrat
10. Buffalo 1966-present Democrat

The citizens of Chicago have not elected a Republican mayor since 1927, when William Thompson was voted into office.
The city council likewise has been 100% filled with Democrats.
Death23
Debates: 24
Death23
-->
@Greyparrot
The whole protest was over “systemic racism” in police departments. Where here do you see racism is what the thread is asking.

Most people on the left don't actually care about systemic racism. It's just another forgotten buzzword to gain power.
That's the real deal, the fundamental change of America.

I'd say a lot of them really don't care about it. Personally, I don't care about it. I don't use it as a tool to advance myself because it's too dishonest for me. A lot of progressive issues are disconnected from the public good because the public good isn't what's desired. Rather, it's the personal accumulation of wealth, power, respect, and socio-economic status that many are interested in, and advertising politically correct progressive positions is simply a means to that end. I wouldn't be surprised if the greater part of progressives were closet bigots who didn't give a shit about the environment nor the people.