Science is not objective.

Author: 3RU7AL

Total: 153
Paul
Debates: 0
Paul
-->
@3RU7AL
From the looks of your avatar you are a fan of science fiction.What’s your favorite science fiction movie?

3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Paul
Probably the 1995 Terry Gilliam masterpiece "Brazil".
Paul
Paul
-->
@3RU7AL
Where did the picture in your avatar come from?

Paul
Paul
-->
@ethang5
Frames of reference and the fundamental laws of motion and cover that, you don’t even have to cite Einstein.

ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@Paul
True, but I like Einstein.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Paul
True, but I like Einstein.
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@ethang5

What you observe is subject to how fast you're moving, what's happening to the space between you and the stars, what is between you and the stars, and both your movements in relation to each other. Someone else, in another time or location, will observe something else.
Those are all objective observations, someone else in another location will observe the same stars, planets etc. Cleetus.
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@ethang5
Most scientists who read Einstein's general theory of relativity think so.
But, you have no clue what GR says, right Cleetus?

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Goldtop
Those are all objective observations, someone else in another location will observe the same stars, planets etc. Cleetus.
Oops. Got another idiot who doesn't know what general relativity says. Shall we toss him?

Tell us troll. What is an objective observation?

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@ethang5
Got another idiot who doesn't know what general relativity says
That would be you. And I would easily crush you in a debate on GR especially considering you have yet to pass high school math.

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Goldtop
You're too stupid to waste time debating you. Thanks for the laugh.
Paul
Paul
-->
@Goldtop
I will say this, I've been reading ethang's posts for several years and the quality of ethang's comment was an order of magnitude better then what I've seen in the past.

Paul
Paul
-->
@ethang5
Me too!

Paul
Paul
-->
@3RU7AL
If an alien on another planet looks at the night sky does he see the stars like we do? Of course he does. If his civilization had an equal knowledge to our own they would know that everything is made of extremely small things we call atoms, particles and quarks. They would know math and physics. They would know about moons, planets, nebula, stars, solar systems, galaxies, space and cosmology. They may not have the same names for these things, but all the things we can see would be the same things that they could see. No matter where you are in the universe all the things I mentioned above are the same.

Everything that you observe which takes place outside of yourself and influence is an objective observation. You may not understand what you see or come up with the right answer as to why it behaves the way it does, but you can observe it objectively.

keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Paul
Let me suggest that all observation is subjective but we can apply our reason and logic to those observation to build up a picture of the underlying objective reality.

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Paul
Ethan's had no choice in the matter, he's already had a week temp ban for his insults and name calling here, so he has no choice but to tone it down. Of course, if he had free reign like he did at ddo, we'd see the same trolling, insults and name calling from him.
ethang5
ethang5
Only in your dreams was I banned for a week. You tried by submitting continuous reports, and you failed. Have you given up reporting?

From what I saw, you had a come to Jesus meeting with bsh1 and you saw the light. Too bad he couldn't make you smart.

ethang5
ethang5
Only in your dreams was I banned for a week. You tried by submitting continuous reports, and you failed. Have you given up reporting?

From what I saw, you had a come to Jesus meeting with bsh1 and you saw the light. Too bad he couldn't make you smart.

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@ethang5
You're too stupid to waste time debating you. Thanks for the laugh.
That just proves you're a coward because you know you'd get your butt handed to you. Coward.

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Goldtop
And your posts prove you are too stupid to waste time debating.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Paul
Where did the picture in your avatar come from?

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Paul
If an alien on another planet looks at the night sky does he see the stars like we do?
Distant beings will see a much different universe than we currently observe.

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@ethang5
The challenge will remain open to you if you decide to stop being a coward.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Goldtop
When you stop being stupid, I will consider it. Till then, my time is too valuable to waste on a bitter troll.
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@ethang5
When you stop being stupid, I will consider it.

No, cowards never consider doing something because they're cowards. If I was so stupid, a debate with me would be a cake walk for you, but of course, looking at your record so far, you lost your one and only debate to the flat earth guy, so it's pretty clear why you won't debate me.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Goldtop
If I was so stupid, a debate with me would be a cake walk for you,
It would be. Which is why it isn't worth it. Where is the glory in beating a retard?

Plus, my time has value, you are just too stupid to waste it on you in a debate. Your every idiot post proves my point.
Goldtop
Goldtop
It would be.
Then, prove it, coward. You demonstrate it here and you demonstrate it in the other Science threads, where others can see your cowardice and are calling you out. All you're managing to accomplish is showing how much of a coward you are. Hilarious.

Plus, my time has value,
Yet, another cowardly lie. If it was so valuable, you wouldn't even be here. So, add lying to cowardice.
mustardness
mustardness
-->
@3RU7AL
Distant beings will see a much different universe than we currently observe.
That goes for historically also.  Earth relationships to the stars have changed over the years, I forget how much the Zodiac today is off like a month or more from some 1000 or so years ago.

Also our perspective is of stars where in past those people did not know what they were looking at ergo they saw intelligent creatures with a viewpoint * like us looking at us.

They also saw comets and had no idea what they were.  They may have saw stars exploding as brightening of a star and have no idea what was happening.

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@mustardness
All excellent points.

17 days later

Paul
Paul
-->
@3RU7AL
So your argument is that aliens on their far far away planet looking at the stars will not see the same constellations we see on earth?