Total: 278
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@amandragon01
Didn't it experience the egg?

I get your point though.

People have inclinations though, could such be called instinct, inklings in directions, which to 'me sounds a bit intuition.

81 days later

Shila
Debates: 0
Shila
-->
@SkepticalOne
Justification by Faith.

The teaching of justification by faith is what separates biblical Christianity from all other belief systems. In every religion, and in some branches of what is called “Christianity,” man is working his way to God. Only in true, biblical Christianity is man saved as a result of grace through faith. Only when we get back to the Bible do we see that justification is by faith, apart from works.

Once a person is justified, there is nothing else he needs in order to gain entrance into heaven. Since justification comes by faith in Christ, based on His work on our behalf, our own works are disqualified as a means of salvation (Romans 3:28). There exist vast religious systems with complex theologies that teach the false doctrine of justification by works. But they are teaching “a different gospel—which is really no gospel at all” (Galatians 1:6–7).

This might explain why there is little change in a person who converts to Christianity. Everything from there on can be justified by faith. 
SkepticalOne
Debates: 9
SkepticalOne
-->
@Shila
The OP is in the context of epistemology, not theology.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
For anything that isn't objectively true(or false, inversely), the truth depends on what you believe. In an extended sense every belief requires faith to be true.
PGA2.0
Debates: 7
PGA2.0
-->
@SkepticalOne
@Shila
Justification by Faith.

The teaching of justification by faith is what separates biblical Christianity from all other belief systems. In every religion, and in some branches of what is called “Christianity,” man is working his way to God. Only in true, biblical Christianity is man saved as a result of grace through faith. Only when we get back to the Bible do we see that justification is by faith, apart from works.

Once a person is justified, there is nothing else he needs in order to gain entrance into heaven. Since justification comes by faith in Christ, based on His work on our behalf, our own works are disqualified as a means of salvation (Romans 3:28). There exist vast religious systems with complex theologies that teach the false doctrine of justification by works. But they are teaching “a different gospel—which is really no gospel at all” (Galatians 1:6–7).

This might explain why there is little change in a person who converts to Christianity. Everything from there on can be justified by faith. 

Extremely well put!
Shila
Shila
-->
@PGA2.0
Justification by Faith.

Extremely well put!
So you accept you are the same person you were before your conversion, except the same past actions are now justifiable by faith.
PGA2.0
Debates: 7
PGA2.0
-->
@Shila
Justification by Faith.

Extremely well put!
So you accept you are the same person you were before your conversion, except the same past actions are now justifiable by faith.
No, not the same. We are born again. It is now God, in Christ Jesus, who has done the work, not me. My faith rests upon Jesus and what He accomplished, not on anything I can or have done. And the Holy Spirit changes my disposition towards God. God creates in me a new spirit, a spirit of renewal and trust in Him. What I could not do on my own I see as accomplished in Christ Jesus.  

Shila
Shila
-->
@PGA2.0
Justification by Faith.

Extremely well put!

No, not the same. We are born again. It is now God, in Christ Jesus, who has done the work, not me. My faith rests upon Jesus and what He accomplished, not on anything I can or have done. And the Holy Spirit changes my disposition towards God. God creates in me a new spirit, a spirit of renewal and trust in Him. What I could not do on my own I see as accomplished in Christ Jesus.  
Why did Jesus himself  expect to be recognized for his good works if just faith alone was justifiable?

John 10:31 Again his Jewish opponents picked up stones to stone him, 32 but Jesus said to them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?”
33 “We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.”

Actions and words matter not just faith in something else.