no one should be homeless in the usa - bring back boarding houses

Author: n8nrgmi

Total: 36
n8nrgmi
Debates: 0
n8nrgmi
-->
@Greyparrot
well, with those drug addicts who spend two dollars a day on food and the rest on drugs, you might be right about more than i was thinking. 

so how would a conservative end homelessness? or, is the idea just to let them be homeless? 
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@n8nrgmi
Don't reward the lifestyle choices that lead to homelessness.
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@n8nrgmi
that you haven't shown a good connection between liberal policies and homelessness
You don't think that all of the taxes and regulations have any effect on the price of housing or other items?
Death23
Debates: 24
Death23
I'm in favor of creating a dumping grounds for the failures of society. Make a boat load of studio apartments in some backwater part of the state. Setup a clinic and food dispensary next to it. People can live there for free and get food and healthcare. The homeless would likely move there from the streets. This is cheaper on the state, substantially cheaper, than having them linger around downtown. Plus they wouldn't be in everyone's way. That, and their lives would suck a lot less, even though they would still suck.
WaterPhoenix
Debates: 12
WaterPhoenix
-->
@n8nrgmi
i'm not paying taxes so a drug addict can get a house.

7 days later

Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@n8nrgmi
I have mixed feelings.
I don't 'disagree strongly with boarding houses, so long as there are numerous conditions, such as Greyparrot mentioned in post #27.
Perhaps I'm not a very humane human being, I certainly don't do any volunteer work, and frankly I hate seeing the homeless, makes me feel terrible about their circumstances, but not terrible enough to help them really.
City feels less trashy, less dangerous when they 'aren't about.
. . . .
I feel worse about my view on account my second brother is homeless.

Solution to 'my problem would be more gated communities I suppose,