Total: 152
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@BearMan
When you are sick, wear a mask.
I agree 100%.

This is how it is in plenty of Asian countries. I don't know why Westerners refuse to adopt this. Wash your hands for 20 seconds, wear a mask when you're sick, and refrain from touching a lot of things in public, EVEN when you aren't in a pandemic.
I agree 100% with this as well.

What about "asymptomatic" patients??

This seems to be the point of contention.

IN YOUR PERSONAL OPINION, at what point can we stop forcing "asymptomatic" patients to wear masks all the time?
BearMan
Debates: 16
BearMan
-->
@3RU7AL

IN YOUR PERSONAL OPINION, at what point can we stop forcing "asymptomatic" patients to wear masks all the time?
Idk, not a government officer or a doctor. I don't even think they should wear a mask. Just don't go outside and spread the virus.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@BearMan
I don't even think they should wear a mask.
You mean "in public" right?

Because as it stands, everyone is forced to wear masks in public because we are all assumed to be "asymptomatic" plague spreaders.

At what point are we going to know when it's safe?

I mean, basically you've turned every healthy person on earth into a secret, undetectable, unwitting murderer that must be muzzled like a mad dog.
BearMan
BearMan
-->
@3RU7AL
You mean "in public" right?

Because as it stands, everyone is forced to wear masks in public because we are all assumed to be "asymptomatic" plague spreaders.

At what point are we going to know when it's safe?

I mean, basically you've turned every healthy person on earth into a secret, undetectable, unwitting murderer that must be muzzled like a mad dog.
If they know they have COVID they shouldn't be outside in the first place. Unless it is absolutely necessary for them to go, they will have to social distance and wear masks.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@BearMan
If they know they have COVID they shouldn't be outside in the first place. Unless it is absolutely necessary for them to go, they will have to social distance and wear masks.
I agree 100%.

But what do you think about people who don't know if they've got COVID or not?

Should everyone be forced to wear a mask?

And for how long?

We're very likely to rename "flu season" to "COVID season", since they're 99.99% identical (basically indistinguishable to the average person).
BearMan
BearMan
-->
@3RU7AL
But what do you think about people who don't know if they've got COVID or not?

Should everyone be forced to wear a mask?

And for how long?
Yeah that's the grey area. Nobody really knows, and neither do I.

It seems we both agree now.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@BearMan
Yeah that's the grey area. Nobody really knows, and neither do I.

It seems we both agree now.
Wouldn't it be nice if we had some hard data showing if "asymptomatic" COVID positive individuals are DEADLY DANGEROUS?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@BearMan
Perhaps you might have a few minutes to consider this. [LINK]
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@BearMan
You sourced one.

I did. and from a man - Dr Hilary Jones - that has just days ago  been awarded with Queens Honour who had this to say about the wearing of face masks _   "  reveals easy ways face masks can become contaminated and therefore ‘completely useless"

I also gave you the source of the original stats given by a professor from the Imperial Collage London that had totally exaggerated the death expectancy and his past record of failed predictions AND that your own Dr Fauci had taken his predictions directly from. but you point blank said " I won't read them".

I'm not gonna act like a doctor here, I'm not. 

And I am not asking you to.

From the USA

"“So the real scandal is: Why did anyone ever listen to this guy?”

Imperial College epidemiologist Neil Ferguson was behind the disputed research that sparked the mass culling of eleven million sheep and cattle during the 2001 outbreak of foot-and-mouth disease. He also predicted that up to 150,000 people could die. There were fewer than 200 deaths. . . .
In 2002, Ferguson predicted that up to 50,000 people would likely die from exposure to BSE (mad cow disease) in beef. In the U.K., there were only 177 deaths from BSE.
In 2005, Ferguson predicted that up to 150 million people could be killed from bird flu. In the end, only 282 people died worldwide from the disease between 2003 and 2009.
In 2009, a government estimate, based on Ferguson’s advice, said a “reasonable worst-case scenario” was that the swine flu would lead to 65,000 British deaths. In the end, swine flu killed 457 people in the U.K.
Last March, Ferguson admitted that his Imperial College model of the COVID-19 disease was based on undocumented, 13-year-old computer code that was intended to be used for a feared influenza pandemic, rather than a coronavirus. Ferguson declined to release his original code so other scientists could check his results. He only released a heavily revised set of code last week, after a six-week delay.

Wad'ya think!?

BearMan
BearMan
-->
@Stephen
I did. and from a man - Dr Hilary Jones - that has just days ago  been awarded with Queens Honour who had this to say about the wearing of face masks _   "  reveals easy ways face masks can become contaminated and therefore ‘completely useless"
 I also gave you the source of the original stats given by a professor from the Imperial Collage London that had totally exaggerated the death expectancy and his past record of failed predictions AND that your own Dr Fauci had taken his predictions directly from. but you point blank said " I won't read them".
Dude, it's clear you don't know what you're talking about. Masks can be contaminated, so you literally just have to wear them correctly. 

The reason masks can be contaminated IS THAT THEY ACTUALLY WORK. Wear a mask

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@BearMan

Wear a mask

I will and do. But not because of fearmongers such as you but because the government here are threatening its citizens with  £10,000 fine.  That's about 13 GRAND! in the States.

And did I mention that a scientist- one of many around the world -  at Oxford university Professor Sunetra Gupta a epidemiologist that  studies infections & infectious disease in humans spoke out on a UK radio program saying  that wearing face masks "should be voluntary".https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waNZOT2ItT0

And have you forgotten that it was non other than the World Health Organisation that told the world that " the C19 infection cannot be passed from human to human".?

You are  just a  big baby in denial. You simply remind me of my own governments stance; one that is dictating that they have gone this far and taken so many drastic measures and caused  so much damage to lives and the economy that they simply cannot afford to admit that they over reacted, so are keeping up the great lie.

Just recently here, we were told by our Government that they - the government were trying to head off a "second peak that could cause the death of 100's of 1000's ".   More BS to be taken with a pinch of salt.

BearMan
BearMan
-->
@Stephen
The WHO is not a reputable source, it is as reliable as information from China.

It was wrong, it can SPREAD from human to human, it declared a global pandemic less than 2 months later. You can't have a pandemic with a disease that can't spread. You have gotten your news from outdated and UTTERLY WRONG SOURCES. Literally just look at what is happening around you. There are doctors trying to help stop the pandemic, and you are claiming it can't even be spread, WHEN THERE ARE MORE THAN 200 THOUSAND PEOPLE DEAD IN THE US ALONE.

Sunetra Gupta was also wrong. She wanted to lift the lockdown, PREDICTING THAT we would stop the pandemic early. She was completely wrong, we have failed. IF we listened to her, we would've had millions of deaths.  (https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/05/the-costs-are-too-high-the-scientist-who-wants-lockdown-lifted-faster-sunetra-gupta). 

I still don't understand why you waste your time finding niche sources, when MILLIONS of doctors deny that claim of yours. 

BearMan
BearMan
-->
@Stephen
One doctor thinks it, sure.

The reason why it's controversial IS BECAUSE BARELY ANYONE hears a doctor saying that MASKS DON'T WORK EVEN THOUGH THEY DO.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@BearMan
The WHO is not a reputable source, It was wrong,it can SPREAD from human to human,

Yes we know don't we.... NOW!

MILLIONS of doctors deny that claim of yours. 

"Millions!"?   My word!  you have been listening to your governments that closely you are beginning to exaggerate  like them.

As others came out in support of the experts, it seemed most scientists were of one voice. But that is not the case. Sunetra Gupta, a professor of theoretical epidemiology at Oxford University, believes – somewhat controversially – that the lockdown should be lifted faster. In the rush to drive infections down, she fears the poorest have been brushed aside.
“It’s becoming clear that a lot of people have been exposed to the virus and that the death rate in people under 65 is not something you would lock down the economy for,” she says. “We can’t just think about those who are vulnerable to the disease. We have to think about those who are vulnerable to lockdown too. The costs of lockdown are too high at this point.”
I am  not sure what you were attempting to prove with that link but again, this proves that there are those (one) scientist that recommended actions to  government on lockdown & face masks  such as this clown from  Imperial College;   epidemiologist Neil Ferguson was behind the disputed research that sparked the mass culling of eleven million sheep and cattle during the 2001 outbreak of foot-and-mouth disease.

He also predicted that up to 150,000 people could die.  when here were fewer than 200 deaths. . . .

In 2002, Ferguson predicted that up to 50,000 people would likely die from exposure to BSE (mad cow disease) in beef. In the U.K., there were only 177 deaths from BSE.
In 2005, Ferguson predicted that up to 150 million people could be killed from bird flu. In the end, only 282 people died worldwide from the disease between 2003 and 2009.
In 2009, a government estimate, based on Ferguson’s advice, said a “reasonable worst-case scenario” was that the swine flu would lead to 65,000 British deaths. In the end, swine flu killed only  457 people in the U.K. 

Last March, Ferguson admitted that his Imperial College model of the COVID-19 disease was based on undocumented, 13-year-old computer code that was intended to be used for a feared influenza pandemic, rather than a coronavirus. Ferguson declined to release his original code so other scientists could check his results. He only released a heavily revised set of code last week, after a six-week delay; 

while  "millions" of others are against both lockdown and face masks and have been proven correct and Ferguson, Dr Fauchi and Government to be WRONG!

Get over it princess. This  flu was grossly exaggerated and lied about from day one.

BearMan
BearMan
-->
@Stephen
We already knew it at the time. The WHO quoted it from China, who was spreading misinformation about the virus.

"Millions!"?   My word!  you have been listening to your governments that closely you are beginning to exaggerate  like them.
My word! You have been spreading misinformation, like your own far-right news channels!

It seems like you are trying to prove with Doctor Ferugson, as I have read closer is that since ONE GUY who literally resigned from the task force in the UK made a mistake, every single doctor on every single task force is wrong. Do you see the literal logical flaw in your thinking?

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@BearMan
We already knew it at the time. The WHO quoted it from China, who was spreading misinformation about the virus.

yes they did and MSM was offering this information as gospel wasn't they.

My word! You have been spreading misinformation, like your own far-right news channels!

No. I have simply repeated what we now know about Ferguson official  record of failed predictions AND his advice to government , which they  AND  DR Fuachi in the US  have pinned their recommendations on.

It seems like you are trying to prove with Doctor Ferugson,

No I have shown his official and  abysmal track record for predictions.  

I have read closer is that since ONE GUY who literally resigned from the task force in the UK made a mistake,

He didn't resign because of his record, or "mistakes" he resigned because he got caught breaking lockdown laws that he helped set in place , you clown. And Government simply cannot admit to following this clowns advice and following the advice of such a dickhead and his fairy tale predictions. 

"Health Secretary Matt Hancock has told Sky News he was "speechless" after it emerged one of the government's key scientific advisers had broken the UK's lockdown rules.
Mr Hancock described the actions of Professor Neil Ferguson as "extraordinary", after it emerged he allowed Antonia Staats, who is reported to be his lover, to visit him at home - in breach of official social distancing rules".https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-matt-hancock-speechless-at-extraordinary-actions-of-govt-scientist-11983885

BearMan
BearMan
-->
@Stephen
I know how Ferguson resigned.

I'm not trying to "prove Doctor Ferguson". I'm saying masks work, it is unclear what you are trying to prove here. Masks don't work? Our government is lying? Doctor Ferguson stinks?

Doctor Ferguson is not the only one who tells the governments things. There are plenty of doctors on each taskforce. It seems this fact can't penetrate your clown mask.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@BearMan
I'm saying masks work, 

And "millions" disagree with you, including those that should and do, know better than you.
BearMan
BearMan
-->
@Stephen
Millions of idiots disagree with me, yes.

More than millions of intellectuals agree with me.

I'm blocking you because I don't want to be pinged again. If this was a debate, I would reckon that I would've won.
Stephen
Stephen
-->@BearMan wrote: 

I'm blocking you

Hahahahhahahah. What a complete tit. Those facts have given you food for thought haven't they?  And the stats of Ferguson's and repeated by Fauci have left a serious bad taste in your mouth too.

Ok, goodby. I shall leave you in peace.
Stephen
Stephen
More back pedaling from the ever so reliable WHO

Covid 19 coronavirus: World Health Organisation doctor backflips on virus lockdowns: Don't use them as a 'primary control'

Dr David Nabarro from the WHO appealed to world leaders yesterday, telling them to stop "using lockdowns as your primary control method" of the coronavirus.
He also claimed that the only thing lockdowns achieved was poverty – with no mention of the potential lives saved.

10 days later

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@BearMan
(IFF) ultraviolet light kills covid instantly (THEN) why is nobody installing ultraviolet lightbulbs???????????????????

BearMan
BearMan
-->
@3RU7AL
Because they are also harmful for humans.

I have a UV cleaner for my stuff but I don't install UV lightbulbs everywhere because they are harmful.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@BearMan
Because they are also harmful for humans.
No more "harmful" than sunlight.
BearMan
BearMan
-->
@3RU7AL

No sunlight is better:
We can’t see it ourselves, though it is present in sunlight and pretty good at damaging our DNA. This light is why you slather on sunscreen — the lotion protects you from two kinds of UV light, UVA and UVB, which are responsible for premature skin wrinkling, sunburns and skin cancers
The third kind, called UVC, has too short a wavelength to cut through Earth’s atmosphere and reach our skin, so it’s not a threat to sunbathers. But it can be re-created in a lightbulb. Research has found that UVC degrades genetic material like DNA so severely, microbes or viruses hit by the rays can’t multiply. “It doesn’t kill the virus — it renders it unable to reproduce,”UVC light doesn’t discriminate when it comes to ruining genetic material, though, and can damage human skin and eye cells. Some particular UVC wavelengths have been associated with skin cancer or cataracts, Bolton says. Sanitation procedures that use the light, like the robots wheeled into hospitals, operate when no one is around to get hit by the harmful wavelengths. 

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@BearMan
What I'm suggesting is using light-bulbs that emit wavelengths of UV that are in the same range as what we are normally exposed to when we  normally outside exposed to normal sunlight.

Of course, the intensity of this light would be LESS than direct sunlight, but still enough to deactivate covid (and many other viruses).

This would be much less intrusive than forcing everyone to wear muzzles.
BearMan
BearMan
-->
@3RU7AL
Yeah but that won't really affect the virus as they aren't alive beings.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@BearMan
Yeah but that won't really affect the virus as they aren't alive beings.
How does sunlight deactivate covid?
BearMan
BearMan
-->
@3RU7AL
Idk
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@BearMan
All I'm suggesting is that since we're told that normal sunlight deactivates covid, we could install grow lamps (light-bulbs) that are no more "dangerous" than normal sunlight in order to deactivate covid.

This seems like it would be much less invasive than mass economic suicide + storm trooper costumes.