Author: janesix

Total: 156
Goldtop
Debates: 0
Goldtop
-->
@IlDiavolo
Troll? Look who is talking. Lol.
You are the one who is taking a known term, "Atheism" and calling it a religion when clearly that is the exact opposite of the definition, and you are doing so deliberately in order to get a rise of out me, hence you are the one being the troll.
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@secularmerlin
Atheism is not itself a religion as demonstrated by actual religious atheists (for example some buhdists are religious atheists) all atheism is is a rejection of one particular sort of claim. To be clear if you can offer sufficient evidence for said claim I would have no choice but to adjust my beliefs accordingly.

Strickly speaking atheism is not a religion of course. Atheists just need a God to become perfectly a religion, though.

My point is that atheism and religions share a lot of elements that make them fall into the same category. Just look at how atheists stand up for their believes, the belief that there is no God. I mean, a person with a bit of understanting wouldn't care less about it. But atheists, Jesus Christ, they are worst than muslims.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@IlDiavolo
As I have already pointed out no god(s) is necessary to be religious. There are as many kinds of atheists as there are atheists so a blanket statement like the one in your above post is essentially useless in describing us. Many atheists are not interested in debate but you will not ever debate such an atheist and this has given you a disproportionate experience with atheists. After all unless they offer the information you could be sitting next to an atheist at a theatre or on a bus and you would never know. We don't wear badges or special hats after all.
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@IlDiavolo
Since atheism is a religion

Strickly speaking atheism is not a religion of course
Thank you for confirming your original comment was that of a troll trying to create unnecessary conflict.

My point is that atheism and religions share a lot of elements that make them fall into the same category. Just look at how atheists stand up for their believes, the belief that there is no God.
And, you further add comments that show you're still trolling. Atheists don't stand up for their beliefs because they have no religious beliefs, atheism is a lack of religious beliefs. So, it would show that you either have looked up the definition of atheism and are trolling or you refused to look up the definition in order to continue trolling.

But atheists, Jesus Christ, they are worst than muslims.
That definitely is a troll comment. How very Christian of you.
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@secularmerlin
Well, if religions don't need a God I've got to correct my statement, atheism is a religion. Atheists have a bible which is "the origin of species" book, have prophets like Darwin and Hawkings, have churches too as far as I know. Atheists have everything to be defined as a religion.

What's more, atheism is a choice tha people make among other choices like christianism, islam, budhism, and the like. Not having a choice means being agnostic, but having a choice mean being religious. You see it now? Atheism is a religion.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@IlDiavolo
Atheism itself is not a religion unless a religious atheist like a Taoist or certain buhdists have two religions (which I do not regard as possible) also being an atheist does not guarantee beliefs in any subject scientific or otherwise including a belief in evolution or science in general. Many atheists do regard science as a good pathway to truth but that is not necessary to being an atheist. Also it is perfectly possible to be an agnostic atheist. I am an agnostic atheist. Atheism/theism concerns beliefs while agnosticism/Gnosticism concerns knowledge or at least a belief about whether knowledge on the subject is possible. It is possible to be an agnostic atheist or a Gnostic atheist. It is equally possible to be an agnostic theist or a Gnostic theist. Also no one has a choice because beliefs are not a choice. Atheists do not worship science but application of the scientific method can certainly lead to the rejection of religious claims.