Posts in total: 63
  • sadolite
    sadolite avatar
    Debates: 0
    Forum posts: 443
    sadolite avatar
    sadolite
    --> @Discipulus_Didicit
    My thinking was a failure to do further research.

• K_Michael
    K_Michael avatar
    Debates: 21
    Forum posts: 242
    K_Michael avatar
    K_Michael
    --> @sadolite
    And you explain the dozens of records extending hundreds of years back how?
  • sadolite
    sadolite avatar
    sadolite avatar
    sadolite
    --> @K_Michael
    What the fuck do you want me to fucking say? I was wrong I 'm saying it now I said it earlier. What the fuck more do you want? Or is it endless argument for the sake of argument. Give it a fucking rest. I'll say it again I WAS WRONG> DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE WORDS COMING OUT OF MY MOUTH?

• K_Michael
    K_Michael avatar
    K_Michael avatar
    K_Michael
    --> @sadolite
    You said that you were wrong about Stonehenge, I was talking about the Pyramids, which you haven't said anything about. I'm sorry if it sounded like I was railroading you after you had already admitted, but I was referring to a different point. I'll leave it at that.
  • Discipulus_Didicit
    Discipulus_Didicit avatar
    Debates: 9
    Forum posts: 3,937
    Discipulus_Didicit
    --> @sadolite
    Yes, it is blatantly obvious that you did no research whatsoever prior to posting this thread but that is not the point.

You imply in your premise "these photos aren't edited tho" that editing photos is the only form of misinformation that was possible in this scenario. It is this complete lack of sceptical thinking that is the real root cause of the problem and what led you to draw the conclusion that someone decided to put up a bunch of rocks and claim it was thousands of years old because... reasons...

If you do not acknowledge this root cause of the issue then you have not actually learned anything at all.
  • sadolite
    sadolite avatar
    sadolite avatar
    sadolite
    --> @K_Michael
    I stand firmly behind my belief that the pyramids were not built using mallets and chisels.  There is nothing you could say or show me that would convince me otherwise that the pyramids were built using mallets and chisels,  not now not ever.  I speak from hands on direct experience working with stone everyday.

• sadolite
    sadolite avatar
    sadolite avatar
    sadolite
    --> @Discipulus_Didicit
    Jesus you people like to kick dead horses until they are liquefied.  I said point blank I failed to do follow up research. Now I know why so few people will ever admit when they are wrong about something. People like you.
  • K_Michael
    K_Michael avatar
    K_Michael avatar
    K_Michael
    --> @sadolite
    A. Those were not the only tools used to shape stone at the time. Rasps can produce edges with enough patience that a chisel could not. 
    B. You claim to work in marble and granite, not in sandstone, which the pyramids were made of. I have no idea if your knowledge is reliable or if it even applies to sandstone. 
    C. Some experts believe that the ancient Egyptians cast at least some of the stones, similarly to cement blocks, rather than quarrying them, so you may be partially right. Their estimates for the construction dates have not changed.

• Discipulus_Didicit
    Discipulus_Didicit
    --> @sadolite
    Again your lack of 'research' is irrelevant. I am trying to say is that if you introduce some scepticism into your routine thinking you will be less likely to be taken advantage of by some random dude on YouTube again. That isn't kicking a dead horse, that is trying to help you avoid this type of thing happening in the future.
  • sadolite
    sadolite avatar
    sadolite avatar
    sadolite
    --> @Discipulus_Didicit
    WTF ever dude, move on

• Discipulus_Didicit
    Discipulus_Didicit
    --> @sadolite
    #scepticalthinking
    #dontbuyeverythingthemantellsyou
    #PANTS
  • sadolite
    sadolite avatar
    sadolite avatar
    sadolite
    --> @Discipulus_Didicit
    You literally cant move on.  My being wrong has affected you more than it did me. LOL Guess you are not used to people admitting they are wrong about something, probably never saw or heard it before.
  • Dr.Franklin
    Dr.Franklin avatar
    Debates: 31
    Forum posts: 8,135
    Dr.Franklin avatar
    Dr.Franklin
    --> @sadolite
    it was a calender for harvest, the sun would shine through different rocks signaling different times of the year

there is simply no use for the British Army to build it for that apparent reason