which causes more problems for black folks? white racism or black culture itself?

Author: n8nrgmi

Total: 158
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@n8nrgmi
are you saying young blacks have no choice but to act like thugs,
I'm not suggesting they have "no choice".

because they are poor?
All poor people have extremely limited options and are not "treated equally" by the "justice" system.

For example, children of all skin-tones born into families that make $100,000.00+ (USD) per year (middle-class) have roughly the same life expectancy, education, and legal protections.

are you saying thug culture has no choice but to exist,
What you call "thug culture" is simply a marketing campaign dreamed up to enrich lighter-skin-toned record executives.

The "appeal" of this "machismo" culture is not new.  It was not even new in ancient Greece.

Television and movies and music do not make people violent.  People have been violent for centuries without any assistance whatsoever.

because they are generally poorer..
Total "poor" in the United States is only 13% of the population (LEAVING 87% "NOT-POOR").

And of this 13% (43,030,000), the single largest sub-category of 24% (10,327,200) are identified as AMERICAN INDIAN/ALASKAN NATIVE. [LINK]

or maybe you are saying white racism causes thug culture? 
Lighter-skin-toned fans buy "thug culture" products.  I would imagine that "racism" would actually cut deeply into the popularity of such things.

AND don't forget about "mafioso culture" products and "super villain" products and "serial killer" products, which are apparently HARMLESS.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@3RU7AL
AND don't forget about "mafioso culture" products and "super villain" products and "serial killer" products, which are apparently HARMLESS.

It's fascinating to see how fast that guy ran with saggy thug pants after unloading a clip into a parked police cruiser.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@n8nrgmi
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@bmdrocks21

I love how the normal people are reacting to obnoxious racism with laughter and ridicule.

The perfect social response to racism should always be ridicule and public humiliation.
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@3RU7AL
Have you ever seen a "lazy" tribal culture?

I suppose not in its natural habitat. However, if you promise a tribal culture a generous social safety net.....
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@3RU7AL
You seem to be ignoring the vast differences between "white" northern "culture" and "white" southern "cultures" and "white" eastern "culture" and "white" western "culture" and "white" "bible belt" "culture" and "white" "middle america" "culture".

Do you realize that there are 50 different states within the "United" States?

Do you realize that each one of these states has it's own set of "cultures"?

When you advocate for "assimilation" you sound an awful lot like THX1984BORG.

What is your preferred "solution" to this "problem"??
That is precisely why I stayed with generalities that are applicable to most "White" cultures. They aren't 100% the same, but they share a lot of fundamental qualities.

As for "assimilation" and not having a multicultural country, we need to significantly cut immigration and mandate patriotic education in public schools.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@bmdrocks21
Remind me who exactly invented "social security"?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@bmdrocks21
As for "assimilation" and not having a multicultural country, we need to significantly cut immigration and mandate patriotic education in public schools.
Perhaps we could force them all to swear an oath of allegiance to something that represents state power, you know like a, something maybe made of cloth?  Or maybe I'm just mixing that up with an old 1891 advertising campaign. [LINK]

I'm not sure that's going to be sufficient.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@bmdrocks21
That is precisely why I stayed with generalities that are applicable to most "White" cultures. They aren't 100% the same, but they share a lot of fundamental qualities.
Would you say that "Irish culture" and "British culture" "share a lot of fundamental qualities"?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Greyparrot
It's fascinating to see how fast that guy ran with saggy thug pants after unloading a clip into a parked police cruiser.
It's fascinating to see how fast you can leap to the BROAD BRUSH fallacy after scavenging for cherry-picked examples.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@3RU7AL
It's fascinating to see how fast you can leap to the BROAD BRUSH fallacy after scavenging for cherry-picked examples.

Saggy pants are a distinctive feature of the glorious African culture.

bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@3RU7AL
Remind me who exactly invented "social security"?

FDR..... That is something paid into for your whole career and that dictates how much you get. SNAP doesn't.

Perhaps we could force them all to swear an oath of allegiance to something that represents state power, you know like a, something maybe made of cloth?  Or maybe I'm just mixing that up with an old 1891 advertising campaign. [LINK]

I don't think they do a compulsory pledge of allegiance anymore.

Would you say that "Irish culture" and "British culture" "share a lot of fundamental qualities"?

They share a decent amount of qualities. However, Irish are generally Catholic. They also don't like each other because they have a few-hundred-year history of fighting.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@bmdrocks21
British and Irish culture is the result of thousands of years of fighting....Typically we tend to focus on the more recent bits....A bit like how some like to continually focus upon one particular example of slavery....A drawback of  memory I suppose.

I personally think that it is better to focus on now and the future...... Rather than keep dwelling in the past and digging up old resentments, as all that this achieves, is to reinforce prejudices and notions of difference.

Though I think that it is fair to say, that some people enjoy being antagonists.

bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@zedvictor4
I don’t even know if they care about slavery as much as they want to use it as a bludgeon to get preferential treatment.

Either way, I would agree. You can not assimilate if you don’t let go of your past. Either you consider yourself an American, or you don’t. Notice how they call themselves “African American” despite not being an African immigrant, while Italian Americans began calling themselves Americans. It is reflective of the desire to not assimilate into “White culture”
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@bmdrocks21
Yep. I think that for some people, that is an accurate assessment.

Though I would also say that it is not fair to tar everyone with the same brush.

I would also suggest that other sectors of American society are also  inclined to "not assimilate".

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@bmdrocks21
FDR..... That is something paid into for your whole career and that dictates how much you get. SNAP doesn't.
Social Security is a system that steals from the YOUNG to pay for the OLD.

Social Security is also a system that steals from the POOR because their contributions are never capped.

Social Security is NOT a "self-funded" "retirement" account.

It's more like "retirement (unemployment) insurance".

AND INSURANCE ALWAYS STEALS FROM THE LUCKY (PREPARED) AND GIVES TO THE UNLUCKY (UNPREPARED).

INSURANCE IS NEVER "SELF-FUNDED".
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@zedvictor4
I would also suggest that other sectors of American society are also  inclined to "not assimilate".
Yeah, when are the metal-heads and the country-music fans going to "assimilate" with the EDM crowd?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@zedvictor4
British and Irish culture is the result of thousands of years of fighting....Typically we tend to focus on the more recent bits....A bit like how some like to continually focus upon one particular example of slavery....A drawback of  memory I suppose.
Like that time my grandparents killed your grandparents and left you to be raised as a penniless orphan.

I mean, a crime isn't really a crime if it happened in the past.
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@3RU7AL
Social Security is a system that steals from the YOUNG to pay for the OLD.

Social Security is also a system that steals from the POOR because their contributions are never capped.

Social Security is NOT a "self-funded" "retirement" account.

It's more like "retirement (unemployment) insurance".

AND INSURANCE ALWAYS STEALS FROM THE LUCKY (PREPARED) AND GIVES TO THE UNLUCKY (UNPREPARED).

INSURANCE IS NEVER "SELF-FUNDED".
Young pay for the old under the presumption that the young will pay for them when they are old.

"Social security steals from the poor" "insurance steals from the prepared and gives to the unprepared"
These seem rather contradictory. SS contributions are capped at $132,900. That is hardly "poor". Most people in the upper half of that range, I'd consider well off. 
The reason that it is capped for the "rich" is because the "rich" are much more likely to be prepared for retirement.

Plus there is no incentive to be unprepared because distributions are hardly enough to live on.

I don't particularly like social security because it, like most of our government institutions, is mismanaged.

But forgive me, what does this have to do with the forum topic? lol
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@bmdrocks21
But forgive me, what does this have to do with the forum topic? lol
It always strikes me as strange when people insist that a "social safety net" makes people "lazy" and yet still expect their "social security".

Shouldn't you be campaigning to cancel "social security"?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@bmdrocks21
"Social security steals from the poor" "insurance steals from the prepared and gives to the unprepared"
These seem rather contradictory. SS contributions are capped at $132,900. That is hardly "poor". Most people in the upper half of that range, I'd consider well off. 
If "social security" contributions weren't capped, then there would be more than enough funding to sustain the program.

PERCENTAGE WISE.  THE "POOR" CONTRIBUTE A GREATER PERCENTAGE OF THEIR INCOME THAN THE "RICH".

THIS IS A WAY OF PUNISHING THE "POOR" AND REWARDING THE "RICH".
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@3RU7AL
It always strikes me as strange when people insist that a "social safety net" makes people "lazy" and yet still expect their "social security".

Shouldn't you be campaigning to cancel "social security"?

Like I said, social security is mismanaged. They should be able to invest those funds so that they don’t need to tax as much.

But I think this is an exception to the laziness rule. This is money taken WHILE you work for a time in your life when you can’t work. You can’t just not work until retirement, because then you aren’t eligible.

I think that the government should be less responsible for your retirement. There are great plans like 401Ks and Roth-IRAs that are much better 
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@3RU7AL
Rich people pay taxes on their social security payments, while poorer people don’t .

Rich people pay a lower percentage of their income into social security, but that is hardly painting a fair picture. Their ratio of benefits to taxes paid is far worse
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@bmdrocks21
You are damn authoritarian right for a 21 year old.
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@Intelligence_06
Lmao, what do you mean?
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@3RU7AL
A past event may or may not have been regarded as criminal.

Judging past events by todays standards is pointless.

There's no going back and changing things.

And if we did go back and change past events, there's a strong chance that neither of us would now exist.

The past is far longer that a couple of hundred of years ago. Or as I suggested are you just being P.C. selective. 
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Greyparrot
@zedvictor4
@bmdrocks21
THERADICALANTICENTRIST.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@bmdrocks21
"I don't particularly like social security because it, like most of our government institutions, is mismanaged."
"I think that the government should be less responsible for your retirement." = Authoritarian in the mind of a Marxist rebel.

128 days later

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@n8nrgmi

138 days later

n8nrgmi
Debates: 0
n8nrgmi
real gangsta ass niggas think deep