BAMF - End Game Thread

Author: drafterman

Total: 44
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
-->
@Vader
A solid play would have been to lay low a bit and see what lynch naturally develops and then hammer.

In this specific case, oro provided the alternative with Mharman.
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
-->
@Vader
I would've gone for Mharman, you were really aggressive with Oro and I thought everyone would just sheep him
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@drafterman
A solid play would have been to lay low a bit and see what lynch naturally develops and then hammer.

In this specific case, oro provided the alternative with Mharman.

Yea I was thinking the same thing, but I think the problem that comes with that is that to go randomly inactive and lay low after being somewhat prominent would be extremely fishy, especially after my town read of Mhar. I think if I did not capitalize on Croc I would've been lynched. But you are right, that would've been the best strategy. I also had no clue if Croc investigated me, so I wanted to get rid of Croc if it came to that. 
Vader
Vader
-->
@Speedrace
Yea I agree, but IMO I would've done the same thing as town with Oro. I think challenging other townies and discussion is good.
Vader
Vader
-->
@Speedrace
I had that feeling too, but I pointed out that I had a solid scum read on you from the start of the game, giving me some form of town cred
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
gg.  I definitely thought Supa upped his game here
Vader
Vader
-->
@oromagi
Thank you!
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
"Croc then Su-"

bursts into flames
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
Just one more DP was needed.
Vader
Vader
-->
@Mharman
Lol. I'm too fast!

SirAnonymous
Debates: 3
SirAnonymous
-->
@drafterman
For anyone still reading this far: BOOKMARK THIS POST. Several people talked about how such and such combination is unbalanced. Personally, I have been quite clear and vocal on this matter: YOU CANNOT DRAW ANY CONCLUSIONS ABOUT BALANCE WITHOUT KNOWING ALL THE ROLES. Looking at two roles and saying they can't be in the game together because that would be OP is bogus because you don't know what other roles exist that could balance it out. You simply don't know until you know what the Mafia can do and you can't know that until you kill them all.
+1. Balance analysis continually rears its ugly head, despite how ridiculous it is. I think I might just start copy/pasting this whenever I'm in a game and someone starts using balance analysis.
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
For anyone still reading this far: BOOKMARK THIS POST. Several people talked about how such and such combination is unbalanced. Personally, I have been quite clear and vocal on this matter: YOU CANNOT DRAW ANY CONCLUSIONS ABOUT BALANCE WITHOUT KNOWING ALL THE ROLES. Looking at two roles and saying they can't be in the game together because that would be OP is bogus because you don't know what other roles exist that could balance it out. You simply don't know until you know what the Mafia can do and you can't know that until you kill them all.For anyone still reading this far: BOOKMARK THIS POST. Several people talked about how such and such combination is unbalanced. Personally, I have been quite clear and vocal on this matter: YOU CANNOT DRAW ANY CONCLUSIONS ABOUT BALANCE WITHOUT KNOWING ALL THE ROLES. Looking at two roles and saying they can't be in the game together because that would be OP is bogus because you don't know what other roles exist that could balance it out. You simply don't know until you know what the Mafia can do and you can't know that until you kill them all.

Okay I did not follow this game so idk what silly moves were made to prompt this but I am really disappointed this even still has to be said. Did we not put this matter to rest around the beginning of this year when there were a few games in a row that prompted me to make basically this same rant? Balance 'analysis' of this kind is not helpful, I would love to do a debate on this topic so if anyone reading this disagrees or knows who it is that does then let me know.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
Well done supa. I had thought that he could be fake claiming, but no one would have thought that he was the arsonist.
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
As far as the conversation concerning drawing conclusions about roles go, I agree for the most part. That said, I think you have to take in context who the mod is and what their experience level in modding is. For example, drafter is an experienced mod, and I'd be likely to assume he wouldn't put more than one protective role in a smaller game like this, which is why I assumed I was basically the un CC'ed protection this game and why I was a bit baffled that supa wasn't lynched earlier after claiming doc dp2.