Author: drafterman

Total: 44
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
Mafia Wins!

Town

oromagi

You are NICK FURY from the MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE.
You are the REINCARNATER. If killed at night, you will self-resurrect at the end of the following Day Phase. If killed during the day (except by lynching), you will self-resurrect at the end of the following Night Phase. Lynching kills you permanently.
You win with the Town.
Intelligence

You are MACE WINDU from STAR WARS.
You are the WATCHER. Each night you may choose another player. You will receive a report of all of the players that visited your target.
You win with the Town.
Crocodile

You are JOHN SHAFT from SHAFT.
You are the COP. Each night you may visit another player. You will receive a report of "Innocent" or "Guilty."
You win with the Town.
Lunatic

You are FROZONE from THE INCREDIBLES.
You are You are the JAILKEEPER. Each night you may visit another player. They may not be targeted by other players and cannot target other players themselves.
You win with the Town.
Danielle

You are RUSSEL FRANKLIN from DEEP BLUE SEA.
You are a VANILLA. You win with the Town.
skittlez

You are ARNOLD from JURASSIC PARK.
Mharman

You are STAN from TOGETHER FOR DAYS.
Mafia

Speedrace

You are ELIJAH PRICE from UNBREAKABLE.
You are the STALKER. Each night you may visit another player. You will learn the role of that player.
You win with the Mafia.
SupaDudz

You are RICHMOND VALENTINE from THE KINGSMAN.
You are the ARSONIST. Each night you may visit another player. Players visited are PRIMED. Once per game, during any day phase, you may "ignite" all primed players, causing them to die.
You win with the Mafia.
Notes:

Speed and Supa did not share a Mafia PM, meaning they could not coordinate actions. Furthermore, only Speed was aware of Supa (that he was mafia, but not his role), Supa was not made aware of Speed, or that he even had a mafia partner. This balances out the extra killing ability since Supa could accidentally kill his own partner or they could end up killing the same person (as Speed retained the Mafia factional kill). The delayed nature also means that anyone Supa primed could be lynched, reducing his effectiveness.

MVPs

Lunatic and Oro did a good job scum hunting and this game, really, should have been over DP3. Instead Town decided to sheep Supa because they were collectively annoyed with Croc, rather than listening to oro's arguments. Frankly, imo, Supa played DP3 suboptimally - specifically, too aggressively. He needed a single mislynch to secure the win. While he eventually got it, he almost got himself lynched, trying to futilely argue against oro. If Croc was a better player or more active, Supa had provided the Town with the noose to lynch.

It is a shame that Town decided to lynch based on annoyance rather than actual scum reads.

A tip for oro though: don't argue with scum. You aren't going to convince scum to lynch themselves. Instead communicate more with the other townies to lynch scum. Yes, it is important to also communicate with scum to draw their lies out, when it becomes a 1v1 argument, the rest of town tends to tune out.

A Note on Balance

I'll stand by this game being balanced. Mafia had extra killing power but were not coordinated. Town had strong roles. Watcher, Cop, and Reincarnater. JK is normally null, but in this set-up is very powerful. With the split mafia, he could effectively neutralize one or the other completely without them able to do anything about it. The real kicker here is the unexpected nature of the Arson role, which is a role few people would expect.

For anyone still reading this far: BOOKMARK THIS POST. Several people talked about how such and such combination is unbalanced. Personally, I have been quite clear and vocal on this matter: YOU CANNOT DRAW ANY CONCLUSIONS ABOUT BALANCE WITHOUT KNOWING ALL THE ROLES. Looking at two roles and saying they can't be in the game together because that would be OP is bogus because you don't know what other roles exist that could balance it out. You simply don't know until you know what the Mafia can do and you can't know that until you kill them all.

So the next time a player in a game I have designed says something like that, link them to this post.

A Note on Theme

I though it was interesting that people were suggesting the theme had to be something complex. I did not realize that I had a reputation for complex games. The theme here was very simple:

Samuel L. Jackson is bad ass. He is bad ass in whatever he does. Hence: BAMF mafia.

The roles were based on the character. Do-nothing or minor characters were Vanilla. Powerful characters got powerful role. Yes, Mace Windu is a watcher because that's all they did: sit around and watch shit. Fite me.

The Town/Mafia split was a simple protagonist/antagonist split. Good guys were Town, Bad guys were Maf.

Action Summary:
N1
Lunatic JKs Croc
Speed RCs oromagi; kills Lunatic
Supa primes skittlez
Intel watches Lunatic
Croc cops Lunatic (failed)

N2
Supa primes Intelligence
Intelligence watches Supadudz
Croc cops Intel (Innocent)

N3
Supa primes Mharman
Intel watches oromagi

D4
Supa ignites primed players.
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Lunatic
@Vader
@oromagi
@Speedrace
@Intelligence_06
Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Danielle
@Mharman
@skittlez09
@Crocodile
SAY WHAT AGAIN
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@drafterman
what
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
Yeah figured this would happen lol.

Danielle and crocs lynch were a bit silly. You all were passing croc as confirmed town day phase 1, the only thing that changed that was his inactivity lol. And danielle would have been active. She apparently checked the day phase right after it ended. RIP.

Not sure what croc gets out of these games either, he shouldn't be signing up for them if he won't play.

GG.
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
I was just ready to vtl Supa but a school message got in the way, and somehow, he killed me in the daylight.

Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Just goes to prove how bad/inactive town play hurt the town more than they do help the town.

But yes, after Intel and skittlez went for the VTL, I pretty much thought Mharman would go through with the lynch and claim the whole 1v1 tradeoff. I also think us not being in a PM helped. Since I wasn't aware, I scumread Speed from the start. My analysis was consistent with Speed. I knew I'd be lynched DP4, but it effectively didn't matter. 

skittlez09
Debates: 1
skittlez09
welp gg 
Lunatic
Lunatic
Still, glad I died np1. I was starting to town lean speedrace (I thought there was no way speed OMGUS's this hard as scum, it felt like our town v town exchange in naruto) and I don't think my suspicions of oro would have gone away after he claimed resurector lol.
Vader
Vader
-->
@Intelligence_06
I was an arsonist. I primed you in the night and then I ignited you during the day along with Mhar and skittlez
Vader
Vader
The music I felt played in the background after I ignited: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=share&v=fPO76Jlnz6c&app=desktop
skittlez09
skittlez09
-->
@Vader
exactly if croc was actually active we prolly woulda won an lynched u 

Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
Vader
Vader
-->
@skittlez09
Nah I'd argue even with Croc's activity he still would've been lynched. I'd bet good money he'd say a stupid target (which he did) and we all would sus him
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@oromagi
I was really hoping you were gonna lynch supa dp2 lol. When drafter told me he was arsonist, I was like fuh, mafia have a really good chance here. It seemed obvious since supa didn't understand how jailkeeper works that he accidentally CC'ed himself with my dead body that he should have been scum lol. I mean you did lynch speed succesfully, but I worried that the supa vs speed interaction would make supa look better. I guess it worked out for him lol
skittlez09
skittlez09
-->
@Vader
lol thats tru 
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Vader
I was an arsonist. I primed you in the night and then I ignited you during the day along with Mhar and skittlez
lmao
Vader
Vader
-->
@Lunatic
Lol I've never played with a JK besides is ToS so I kinda didn't know the true mechanic, but a lot of it was BS
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Vader
The music I felt played in the background after I ignited: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=share&v=fPO76Jlnz6c&app=desktop
lmao* 

this was the post I meant to laugh at 
Vader
Vader
-->
@Lunatic
Lmao. Only reason I didn't prime you was cuz I thought Speed was playing bad town before. Hence why I didn't prime you
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
LET'S GOOOOO
SEVEN MAFIA STREAK BABY
Vader
Vader
-->
@Speedrace
You're welcome teehee
drafterman
drafterman
If there is one thing you want to consider regarding my game design. I've been playing this game for almost a decade now. The "cop-doc-roleblocker-vanilla" set-up is fine but, to quote Starlord in Guardians of the Galaxy 2: I'm gonna make some weird shit.
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@Lunatic
As much as keeping you alive might've helped me, I'm glad I killed you because the only other option in my mind was Oro and that obviously would've hurt me quite a bit

Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@Vader
Bruh I was so mad that you were going for Croc but the fact that everyone went with it is bonkers
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@Vader
I think more like this.

drafterman
drafterman
I forgot Supa's victory video:

Vader
Vader
-->
@drafterman
How would go about DP3? I'm curious. Would you have went for someone else? I was pretty aggressive on most lynches if I'm confident in there.
Vader
Vader
-->
@Speedrace
I thought Croc was the most consistent on what I was thinking on this game. I used the whole balance meta to get my point. He was also the most anti town player as well and most people were getting fed up. I tried to play up on that.
Vader
Vader
-->
@Speedrace
I also didn't think that I would so quickly get the vote. I thought Mharman and I were guaranteed votes. I was shocked when Intel also went Croc. Then I knew skittlez would go where the wagon goes