ICE Accused of Performing Unwanted Hysterectomies on Immigrants

Author: Username

Total: 6
Username
Debates: 9
Username

Here's the report. 

"with some clients describing experiences where parts of their Fallopian tube and their ovaries had been removed while in custody."

Username
Username
I think the particular article refers to one ICE doctor in particular. Whether he just did these things without permission or whether this is part of a bigger problem remains to be seen. 

Regardless, human rights violation reports at the ICE Detention centers are consistient and seem to be happening often. The Project South document details a lot of reports regarding the mishandling of COVID-19 by ICE. 
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
Details are still coming in but so far everything I've seen relates to one doctor with a history of performing unwanted procedures to maximize government payouts.  I've heard several accusations of sterilization for racist or political effect but I consider that charge unproved right now.  I note that this story broke on the same day that AG Barr called his own administration's COVID lockdown (some Federal aspects of which his office is in charge of prosecuting) the worst civil rights violation since slavery.  I would suggest that we castrate the Attorney General so that he has an opportunity for real-life comparison if I thought that fat toady had any balls to cut.

51 days later

Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
-->
@Username
Personally, I find these reports pretty compelling, and a reason to at the very lest reform the h*ll out of Ice until it's not ice anymore. What would you do to solve the problem (Not saying there isn't or you can't I"m genuinely curious) How come more Trump supporters aren't jumping to claim this is fake? 

Really it shows an overwhelming difference between what Obama did and Trump did, yes, Obama messed up on immigration, but we simply did not have the consistent amount of human rights violations by the immigration police basically. 

Does anything I say on the matter actually matter? Or will my perspective be ignored for better ones? Fair either way,  just throwing in my two cents
Username
Username
-->
@Theweakeredge
ICE seems really shady to me. I don't know if the particular hysterectomy thing was anything more than 1 doctor but the Project South report as a whole seems to be pretty concerning. 

Pretty sure that ICE has been condemned by the UN and the Holocaust Memorial Center for its treatment of immigrants. My impression is that the organization at least deserves a shit-ton more supervision
Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
-->
@Username
Agreed, thats the very least that needs to happen