Read-only
Total: 646
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
-->
@oromagi
+1.

I think the best idea is to see what happens next day phase. If they're still around, I say that's a solid scum read. 
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
-->
@Intelligence_06
I don't think you understand the objective of the mafia team. 
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@Intelligence_06
Why is it that if we suvives np1 it is less town? Do you kill two citizens or do you kill a governmental official if you want to effectively overthrow the regime?

because taking out two town votes in a 9 man game making it a 5:2 or even 4:3 in the first round game will be hard to resist.  Even knowing that,  watchers have half the usual chance of watching the right target, doctors have half the right chance of protecting, etc.  But if one or both LOVERs are SCUM, scum won't harm the town LOVER and might even defend them against lynch (as Supa has done).

oromagi
oromagi
If there are three scum and both LOVERS are actually town, then we are already at MYLO.  I am going to assume that there are only two SCUM and that TOWN is heavy on PROTECTIVE roles or else one or both LOVERS are lying.
skittlez09
Debates: 1
skittlez09
-->
@Vader
@Intelligence_06
would ur guys couple name be supaintelligence or inteldudz? 
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@skittlez09
cringe = yes
SirAnonymous
Debates: 3
SirAnonymous
-->
@oromagi
Well, I certainly hope town has plenty of protective roles. However, don't put too much stock in the game's balance. It's role madness. It's bound to be swingy.
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
There are absolutely not 3 mafia.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@oromagi
Why would I FOS Intel. Because I did not want to say start of DP1. "Big town read on Intel, strongest town" if there isn't anything about his play that's town. I didn't want to make it obvious we were connected in some way so we could survive. I was planning on outing DP2 or DP3 depending how DP1 and NP1 played out. I didn't want to draw attention to a hard town read on Intel.

I've said my reasoning for outing us, I believed that Intel would get 4/5, and drafter said "he'd hammer any L-1." I said this countless times in the DP.

Vader
Vader
You also have to understand what gambit I'd be making if I was scum outing us a scum LOVERS. If any of us were to visit anyone and caught on camera, and then that lynch happened, and the other didn't die, it would be game over. This is a stupid hypothetical brought up. There is more risk than reward to claiming lover as scum than town
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Intelligence_06
Does your role PM explicitly tell you Supa's affiliation?
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@drafterman
Yes. Both are town.
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Speedrace
Intel had a good idea. Can I be double-voter instead of my current role? That way I can hammer at L-2.
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@drafterman
No. I read a typo and according to the type you are doublevoter, but according to the real one, you can only vote once like everyone else I am aware of. Sorry.
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Intelligence_06
There is still the open question of why you thought to out that to town.
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@oromagi
It is more likely than not that there is a doctor here. If there is one, then not dead does not equate to at least one of us being scum.
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
-->
@drafterman
Of course!
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
Vote Count

skittlez09 Intelligence_06 , drafterman (3/5)
MisterChris - SirAnonymous (1/5)

oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Vader
 I didn't want to make it obvious we were connected
As I said, you could have claimed that you had a reason without saying why- that could include lots of possibilities and doesn't make an obv link.  Or you could have said nothing.

What you did was make Intel more likely to be lynched one hour and then rode to his rescue the next hour.  Very odd.
drafterman
drafterman
Holy crap it Worked. I want to add Bullet Proof, Day Vig, and Day Cop to that.
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Vader
You also have to understand what gambit I'd be making if I was scum outing us a scum LOVERS. If any of us were to visit anyone and caught on camera, and then that lynch happened, and the other didn't die, it would be game over. This is a stupid hypothetical brought up. There is more risk than reward to claiming lover as scum than town
Yeah, like I said.  Both SCUM or both TOWN seems far less likely in such a tight game than half and half.  Half and half means that scum team has to keep one town alive to keep one scum alive which makes for a much more interesting and durable game than the explosive potential of same aligned LOVERS.
Vader
Vader
-->
@oromagi
As I said, you could have claimed that you had a reason without saying why- that could include lots of possibilities and doesn't make an obv link.  Or you could have said nothing.
No, that would be sus to just say, "I have my reasons LOLOLOL," and not give a justification for it. You are telling me that if I danced around the topic, that isn't a scummy thing to do?

What you did was make Intel more likely to be lynched one hour and then rode to his rescue the next hour.  Very odd.
I said don't lynch Intel, don't lynch Intel. Drafter said he'd be the hammer. Lunatic and Ragnar hopped on. I have countless time stated, skittlez would hop on that wagon, and I had no doubt that a potential scum would come and drafter puts the nail in the coffin. I had no idea whether or not I'd be on if he got to L-1, that's why I did it earlier
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@oromagi
For anyone still reading this far: BOOKMARK THIS POST. Several people talked about how such and such combination is unbalanced. Personally, I have been quite clear and vocal on this matter: YOU CANNOT DRAW ANY CONCLUSIONS ABOUT BALANCE WITHOUT KNOWING ALL THE ROLES. Looking at two roles and saying they can't be in the game together because that would be OP is bogus because you don't know what other roles exist that could balance it out. You simply don't know until you know what the Mafia can do and you can't know that until you kill them all.

Vader
Vader
-->
@oromagi
I don't what else to say to that because that is making assumptions on something we have no clue about since nothing has been revealed
drafterman
drafterman
You know what reveals things? Lynches.
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@drafterman
Of 2:10 9/22/20, what is your pfp?
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Intelligence_06
Nonya
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@drafterman
@oromagi
You know what reveals things? Lynches.
Yup. We can't learn anything by speculating about balance in DP1. Trying to figure out the lovers' affiliations based on balance is a pipe dream.
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@SirAnonymous
@oromagi
For anyone still reading this far: BOOKMARK THIS POST. Several people talked about how such and such combination is unbalanced. Personally, I have been quite clear and vocal on this matter: YOU CANNOT DRAW ANY CONCLUSIONS ABOUT BALANCE WITHOUT KNOWING ALL THE ROLES. Looking at two roles and saying they can't be in the game together because that would be OP is bogus because you don't know what other roles exist that could balance it out. You simply don't know until you know what the Mafia can do and you can't know that until you kill them all.

I referenced drafter's caution at the top of my remarks.  No need to repeat to me what I just said.
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@oromagi
I know that you know, but your knowledge didn't prevent you from trying to draw conclusions about what lovers combinations are more or less likely. I'm just reminding you that such conclusion have very little weight.