Author: Speedrace

Read-only
Total: 646
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
-->
@drafterman
They would claim miller for the exact reason of your retort: to claim that mafia would never claim miller therefore you aren't mafia. It's called WIFOM. And generally speaking it isn't a scumming role because most players accept it as face value.
Besides the time I claimed miller and got instantly CC'ed (yet still some how managed to pull it off for some reason) when is the last time you have seen someone on dart claim miller when they were scum? It's literally one of the ballsiest things to fake as scum, because most games tend to have them and it assumes there is a cop as a prime investigative role so there's a million ways it can backfire. 

All that aside, skittlez isn't big brained enough to pull off a dp1 miller claim. He is kind of like a more mild version of grey parrot, and frequently claims pretty early. I'll reconsider if he starts acting behaviorally scummy, but I do not see enough merit to lynch him because his description seems a little weird. And if it's because his character is "bad" we should discount that immediately, as the mod said there isn't a theme split.

Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
Unvote.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Speedrace
Breadcrumbing is not allowed
Thank god, now I don't have to over analyze oro's potential triple claims lol
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
-->
@Lunatic
Hehe
skittlez09
Debates: 1
skittlez09
-->
@drafterman
 Each site plays it differently and develops a different culture around it 
still havent explained how that site is different from our site that makes me claiming miller early bad 

all your doing here is repeating what u said without actually answering 

And as a town miller, you should definitely claim it openly and early. But you shouldn't expect it to earn you a free pass.
never asked for a free pass, only asking for a good justification 

intelligence for example gave no explanation for his vote at all an is making excuses 

But I'm not voting you because you're miller. I'm voting you because the role PM narrative of your character doesnt line up with your actual role.
My character was in charge of a cult so if anything it'd make more sense that id be a cult leader 

Like my PM said, im broken an misunderstood 

like the character, miller is mistunderstood 

thats why he gets a guilty result despite him being innocent 

im not that familiar with the lore but from what im reading from the wiki it makes sense 

skittlez09
skittlez09
And if it's because his character is "bad" we should discount that immediately, as the mod said there isn't a theme split.
exactly 
skittlez09
skittlez09
alright my class ended. So basically what happened is that I tried to VTL skittlez first and somehow, when I was wandering, drafterman or someone posted the exact same vtl. It is no wagon at all. Coincidence yes.
excuses 

either way u still didnt give a good justification for your vote 

skittlez09
skittlez09
Yea but I got issues with that

1. Early claiming these roles isn't the best thing
2. Your claim is scummy because of what your role is. You should understand this
3. You calling town "dumb/stupid" for lynching an SOP is not the best behavior
1. Explain why its bad that ive claimed miller. Claiming miller early prevents a mislynch, prevents wasting an investigation, and it doesnt hurt anyone as its basically vanilla 

2. Explain how its scummy and what u wanted me to do instead of claiming early 

3. ive heard worse 

skittlez09
skittlez09
-->
@Vader
His response to that situation seemed somewhat scripted by someone guiding him in general to say that
how did it seem scripted 

drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
-->
@Lunatic
I anticipated such a response and I doubt you'll find anything convincing in my wagon. Yet I think you can agree that even if the wagon itself has no merit that you can find value in the activity it has generated. How people argue for or against a given wagon can be telling.
skittlez09
skittlez09
Yet I think you can agree that even if the wagon itself has no merit that you can find value in the activity it has generated
yall all got me to be active so id say thats a win ;p
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@skittlez09
still havent explained how that site is different from our site that makes me claiming miller early bad 
Why would I explain that? I never said that claiming miller early is bad.

And as a town miller, you should definitely claim it openly and early. But you shouldn't expect it to earn you a free pass.
never asked for a free pass, only asking for a good justification 

intelligence for example gave no explanation for his vote at all an is making excuses 
A good point. Has nothing to do with me, though, but it's a good point. If you think this is enough to start a wagon on him, I encourage you to do so. I might even join it.

But I'm not voting you because you're miller. I'm voting you because the role PM narrative of your character doesnt line up with your actual role.
My character was in charge of a cult so if anything it'd make more sense that id be a cult leader 
Right but unless Speed included that aspect of your character in your role PM it doesn't matter. My assertion is that only the stuff that Speed put in your PM actually relates to your role. Nothing else about your character from the show matters.

Like my PM said, im broken an misunderstood 

like the character, miller is mistunderstood 

thats why he gets a guilty result despite him being innocent 

im not that familiar with the lore but from what im reading from the wiki it makes sense 

I'm less concerned with the "misunderstood" part and more concerned with the "killing" part. TBH, on that basis alone people should be wary of you.

As far as the "misunderstood" part, I think that's a stretch. My role and the justification relate very strongly. However, the killing aspect of your description is something that is rather specific and I would expect your actual role to relate more to that.
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@skittlez09
I'm less concerned with your responses as I am with others in their decision to join or refuse to join the wagon. At worst your collateral damage.
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Barney
Is Sovitar "misunderstood"? Does that make sense as a character trait to bring out?
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@drafterman
I anticipated such a response and I doubt you'll find anything convincing in my wagon. Yet I think you can agree that even if the wagon itself has no merit that you can find value in the activity it has generated. How people argue for or against a given wagon can be telling.
So is this mostly a reaction test for the other players? I mean I figured it was more of a light scum read and you were just pressuring him for responses and would eventually unvote him. Do you actually want him lynched as collateral damage to see who wagons you mindlessly? Doesn't admitting that kind of ruin the point of it?
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Lunatic
It does, so it's a shame that I basically have to rather than you recognizing it as a seasoned player. But it has also pretty much served it's purpose as plenty have reacted and responded. I see a lot to work with in this phase so far.
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
Hello. I don't have time to post right now. I'll be on later today.
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
-->
@SirAnonymous
ThAt'S KiNDa SuS
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@drafterman
It does, so it's a shame that I basically have to rather than you recognizing it as a seasoned player. But it has also pretty much served it's purpose as plenty have reacted and responded. I see a lot to work with in this phase so far.
Idk, you are kind of hard to read. I know you've done reaction testing in the past, but I also have seen you latch on to simple things and stick with them for an entire phase. I didn't scum read it, but if I see flawed logic I will call it out. 
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@drafterman
Fair play. It went right over my head that you were just testing the waters and not pursuing a genuine read. 
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@MisterChris
This is a non-binary thing. If someone comes out and tells me that they are "killer", then that's a big red flag. But that he came out the bad a few minutes after the game started is probably strong evidence he is telling the truth and Lunatic is right that mafia successfully fake claiming Miller is rare.

But there are some things we can't discount, but I think it is more important to see who latched onto the wagon and why. Did they come up with independent reasoning or just go, "Sure".
drafterman
drafterman
Unvote.
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@Lunatic
I didn't scum read it, but if I see flawed logic I will call it out. 
My philosophy of town mafia summarized. Don't spam scum reads, but question things accordingly. 
drafterman
drafterman
I mean, this simple wagon has generated 4 pages worth of responses. Lots of good fodder.
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@drafterman
I see what you mean. Didn't mean to portray it as a false dichotomy, sorry lol. 

Anyway, we should additionally analyze who DIDN'T latch onto it and why. It could be possible that you were right on and Skittlez just has his mafia bros backing him up. 
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
Game 320, folks!

NOTE: I'm not in this game
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@drafterman
But there are some things we can't discount, but I think it is more important to see who latched onto the wagon and why. Did they come up with independent reasoning or just go, "Sure".
So how do supa and intelligence fit into this for you?
Lunatic
Lunatic
intelligence was a clear cut bandwagon I think, supa claims his reads were his own, but he also mentioned he scum read skittlez who convienently already had two votes on him and supa had just said that we should take into account that there is no theme difference (the exact thing that makes skittles look most town ironically). 
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Lunatic
Intelligence stands out to me as well, but I’m trying to see if it’s also in line with his sleeping in the last game which he did as town
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Barney
You're the last to arrive, so to encourage activity...

VTL Lunatic.
I show up after he does, but he's last. Okay then.

I still don't have a lot of time, but I have a slight town read of skittlez for claiming miller early and for mentioning that his character was a killer. I think scum might have left that part out.

One more thing: I know absolutely nothing about the arrowverse, so I'm glad there's no theme.