Arrowverse Mafia - DP1

Author: Speedrace

Read-only
Total: 646
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
@drafterman
In fact, I'll hammer the first person to get to L-1 (that isnt me)
I wouldn't recommend that strategy if the person at L-1 is someone you town read.
+1  I call that the least town remark this game (tho its early)
SirAnonymous
Debates: 3
SirAnonymous
-->
@oromagi
I don't like it either. His response to criticism of that statement is classic Drafter, but it's not indicative either way.
Lunatic
Lunatic
I don't know if drafter is serious about that. It's either some reaction test or he's really intent on proving a point to supa. If he actually did it though to someone he town read that would obviously be scummy.
Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
-->
@Lunatic
Are you suggesting a policy lynch on him for being a miller?
No, even while acknowledging a miller will automatically be suspect throughout the game, so should not be sent into the final rounds (if it came down to 3 players, and one is a miller, we've probably lost).

Mainly his role claim justification doesn't feel right on a game without a theme split.
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Lunatic
That's definitely possible. That statement on its own isn't enough to make me suspect him.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Barney
No, even while acknowledging a miller will automatically be suspect throughout the game, so should not be sent into the final rounds (if it came down to 3 players, and one is a miller, we've probably lost).
Do people here still feel this way about millers? We were lynching millers in live mafia everytime one claimed and after enough mislynches and eventual millers stopping claiming we stopped doing that. The rarity of people actually fake claiming miller has enforced the idea that they are usually town confirmed, especially in light of how every game seems to have one. Millers to me are basically innocent child's now.

Mainly his role claim justification doesn't feel right on a game without a theme split.
You've lost me here. The lack of the theme split should mean we should care even less about the justification.
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
Town:

SirAnonymous: The only player of noble blood. Obvious town.

Lean town:

Skittlez: His Miller claim and behavior feel very town.

Supadudz/Intelligence: Lovers. Likely town. If not, then it's an interesting scum gambit.

Null:

Ragnar, oro, Lunatic, Chris: Nothing out of the ordinary from any of them yet. Ragnar's reads look like Chris's mafia analysis and oromagi's debate arguments had a baby, but I don't think that's significant.

Drafters: I don't like his statement about hammering anyone at L-1, but it's not enough to be suspicious. Otherwise, nothing out of the ordinary.

drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
It's funny to say that hammering someone is scummy when the primary tool of town to oust scum is [drum roll] hammering them.

It's like saying using the Mafia Night Kill to kill townies is anti-Mafia.
Barney
Barney
-->
@Lunatic
You've lost me here. The lack of the theme split should mean we should care even less about the justification.
He's evil but with a heart of gold, doesn't hold to me since we can have villains be town and still be investigated as town. Further, the character isn't misunderstood, he went on a murder spree over being friend zoned by his ex; that people don't like him for that, doesn't mean he's misunderstood, it means he wants to whine about the consequences of people understanding him all too well.
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Lunatic
The lack of the theme split should mean we should care even less about the justification.
I don't know about that. With a theme, the justifications need to be tailored to make certain characters mafia or town. Without one, that isn't as necessary. Still, I don't think it makes enough difference to be significant.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
Bruh, have I not posted anything for the past few hours?
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@drafterman
It's funny to say that hammering someone is scummy when the primary tool of town to oust scum is [drum roll] hammering them.
The hammering itself isn't the problem. The problem is automatically hammering anyone at L-1.
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@drafterman
But as I've said, I don't think it's necessarily scummy. I just disagree with it.
oromagi
oromagi
Ragnar's reads look like Chris's mafia analysis and oromagi's debate arguments had a baby, but I don't think that's significant.
Without confirming or denying anything I'd just like to make it clear that I'm the daddy in any such arrangement.
drafterman
drafterman
Intel and Supa as town lovers is interesting and essentially gives Mafia a free kill/mislynch. It's pretty hard to protect since it's unlikely you'll be able to protect both at the same time.

If both are Town, I question Supa's decision to out it so soon. Intel wasn't anywhere near being lynched and this was clearly a knee jerk reaction.

I doubt they are both Scum, so rule that out.

I don't rule out Supa being a third party and Intel being town or scum. That would put an interesting twist on Supa's play strategy as he only cares about Intel survive, not whether Intel (or his faction wins). Though if Intel is scum it essentially gives them an extra partner as Supa would always be disinclined to let him get lynched meaning Supa can't joint with the Town. Whereas if Intel is Town, Supa can joint with either fact since Mafia doesn't need to kill all townies to win. There is a scenario where it's Intel + Supa + 2 Mafia and Mafia and a Third Party Lover joints. Though that's not a configuration I'd expect to see here.

There is the option that they are both Third Party, essentially joint Survivors. They joint with whoever else wins so long as both survive the game.

5 town 2 thirds and 2 maf is feasible.

But ultimately I have the same problem as I do with the miller claim. It's a claim whose purpose is to deter people from testing it. "Oh no, don't investigate me, I'm the miller. Tee hee."

"On no, don't lynch him, we're town lovers and we'll both die. Tee hee."
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@drafterman

It's like saying using the Mafia Night Kill to kill townies is anti-Mafia.

The majority of the time someone is at L-1 it's we are waiting for them to explain said action that put them at l-1. If they've done that and the answer isn't sufficient, hammer away. I am guessing this is the circumstance in which you would hammer, though it's being interpreted as if you are saying you will YOLO hammer someone at l-1 without waiting for a response. Maybe I am wrong and that is what you are suggesting you would do.
drafterman
drafterman
Man, forgive the typos last post
Barney
Barney
-->
@SirAnonymous
Ragnar's reads look like Chris's mafia analysis and oromagi's debate arguments had a baby, but I don't think that's significant.
#113 was an experiment. I am not sure if I'll continue it or not. It might be easier to keep track of different lines of reasoning, but I'm not sure yet. ... Damn I wish we could do tables on these forums.

I will say that it is going better than when I did an experiment of debate voting just quoting people... That got tiresome about five minutes into it.
oromagi
oromagi
I could have sworn I saw a "all roles are from drafterman's list" statement but now I can't find one.  I'm I just deluded?  There are important differences between Drafter's LOVER and MafiaWiki's LOVER
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Lunatic
I'm not suggesting I YOLO anything.
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@drafterman
Good analysis on the Supa/Intel situation. While I town read them, I don't like the fact that their claim deters lynches because both would die.
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@oromagi
I could have sworn I saw a "all roles are from drafterman's list" statement but now I can't find one.  I'm I just deluded?  There are important differences between Drafter's LOVER and MafiaWiki's LOVER
I don't remember seeing such a stipulation.

SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@drafterman
I'm not suggesting I YOLO anything.
That makes me feel better.
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Vader
@Intelligence_06
Are you guys lovers and that's it, or does one or both of you have an additional role?
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Barney
He's evil but with a heart of gold, doesn't hold to me since we can have villains be town and still be investigated as town. Further, the character isn't misunderstood, he went on a murder spree over being friend zoned by his ex; that people don't like him for that, doesn't mean he's misunderstood, it means he wants to whine about the consequences of people understanding him all too well.
I guess I don't know much about the show having not watched it myself, but my sentiment on interpretation remains the same as the argument I made in naruto mafia regarding speeds character and role; How we see justification for a character doesn't always align with what the mod wants to do. For example, if the mod wants a role in his game badly enough but can't think of a good justification for it, it is very likely for them to stretch it a bit. I do that all the time, especially with watchers. That said I don't think pessuring people for having a bad justification is bad per se. I do use it in analysis, but usually if it's on top of other already bad behavior. I also tend to notice it is more impactful analysis to people who are familiar with the theme, like yourself, so I can see why a role not fitting your interpretation of the show might feel like it is stronger evidence than it is. 
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Intelligence_06
It says in my PM. You are both town

Can you confirm SupaDudz here?
Are you able to PM each other?
Did you approve Supa's outing your role?
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@drafterman
I don't remember seeing such a stipulation.
thx
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@drafterman
5 town 2 thirds and 2 maf is feasible.
Maybe, but only if Speed doesn't count third party as scum like he did in his last game.
drafterman
drafterman
Both scum fake claiming town lovers would be a hell of a gambit.
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Barney
#113 was an experiment. I am not sure if I'll continue it or not. It might be easier to keep track of different lines of reasoning, but I'm not sure yet. ... Damn I wish we could do tables on these forums.

I will say that it is going better than when I did an experiment of debate voting just quoting people... That got tiresome about five minutes into it.
Keep it up. It's good analysis. The style doesn't matter as much as the thinking behind it.