Other than Mopac and myself who else here is a Gnostic Theist?

Author: RationalMadman

Total: 35
PGA2.0
Debates: 7
PGA2.0
-->
@RationalMadman

Refer to my input as garbage input one more time and I will get mods involved regarding insulting and offence.

I do not need to negotiate with someone who simply thinks they have proven me wrong by saying 'is not true' over and over again.

I'm questioning the validity of what you believe. You put it up here for all to join in the discussion. Where have I used the phrase "it is not true" over and over again? I've heard the God is a racist, xenophobe, homophobe, sadist, sexist, all before, and that is not what the Bible reveals about God. 

Examples:
Since God tells us what He is like, someone who claims an experience that is counter to God's revelation is not someone to be believed.
Er? How do you know that a human-written book is what God itself said and how do you then know that God doesn't like to test our wisdom and courage by making only the smartest and bravest defy what they're brainwashed into believing and ensure only the worthy end up in the kingdom/queendom of God?
I stand by that as a claim the Bible infers:

[ Testing the Spirits ] Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from
God,
because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

How is that done biblically? It is done by testing to see if what a person says lines up with what God's word says:

They went out from us, but they were not really of us; for if they had been of us, they would have remained with us; but 
they went 
out
so that it would be shown that they all are not of us.

1 John 2:22 
Who is the liar but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son.

They do it by denying the Father or the Son. 

so that all will honor the Son even as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him.

If we endure, we will also reign with Him; If we deny Him, He also will deny us;

Sometimes it is obvious the person is delusional by their claims and their rationale.
Obvious how? Who is the one judging the claims and rationale and how do we know they and even us are not the insane ones?
By what they say. It is not reasonable. As I said, many who profess Jesus Christ as Lord speak of a different Jesus than the One revealed in Scripture:

For if one comes and preaches another Jesus whom we have not preached, or you receive a different spirit which you have not
received,
or a different gospel which you have not accepted, you bear this beautifully.

[ Perversion of the Gospel ] I am amazed that you are so quickly deserting Him who called you by the grace of Christ, for a different gospel;

I'm having a hard time understanding what you are saying here.
Your problem, not mine.
If your ideas are too lofty you have lost your audience of address. Since you were addressing me, and I'm a simple, unsophisticated man, you need to communicate so I am able to understand. A Christian evangelist (Dr. Barnhart, I think), once said something to the effect, "If you want to feed the cattle you need to take the hay down from the loft where they can feed on it." The art of conversation is explaining yourself when your audience of address does not understand your meaning.

There is a big gulf between being the offspring of the devil and being the offspring of God.
In your opinion. If we are all God's children, this is actually inherently impossible for there to be a Gulf between and if God is the Devil it is not just Gulf-less, it is directly correlated.
According to the Bible, which you have cited from, we are not all children of God. Some are the children of the devil. Jesus taught we must be born anew/again/regenerated to either enter or see the kingdom.

But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name,

The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God,

and if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him.

John 8:44 
You are
 of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

PGA2.0
PGA2.0
-->
@RationalMadman

When you say, "Jesus will return after the downfall but this was written before, not after, the chronological order that later had the ghost return"
what are you referring to?
Daniel 8:25 ESV
By his cunning he shall make deceit prosper under his hand, and in his own mind 
he shall become great. Without warning
he shall destroy many. And he shall even rise up against the Prince of princes, and he shall be broken—but by no human hand.

^ 'his' being antichrist based on most interpretations and the one to break him being Jesus returning.

Revelation 17:10 ESV
They are also seven kings, five of whom have fallen, one is, the other has not yet come, and when he does come he must remain only a little while.
'he' being antichrist.

A little while as it's only until Jesus is resurrected to defeat him.

There are many anti-Christ's. An anti-Christ is one who substitutes for Christ but there is only one Christ, or more fittingly, it can mean one that is opposed to Christ.

The anti-Christ spoken of in Revelation 17:10 is Nero. In that verse, he is the one who is. Josephus mentions the line of kings or Caesars. 

1. Julius Caesar. (Reigned 46-44 BC).
  2. Augustus. (Reigned 27BC-14AD).
  3. Tiberius. (Reigned 14AD-37AD).
  4. Gaius (Caligua). (Reigned 37-41 AD).
  5. Claudius (these five had fallen when John wrote - verse 10). (Reigned 41AD-54AD).
  6. Nero (the "one is" was Nero - verse 10). (Reigned 54AD-68AD).
  7. Galba ("the other has not yet come; but when he does come, he must remain for only a little while" - verse 10. Galba only reigned for 6 months from June 68AD to January 69AD).

5. All of this also confirms that John wrote during the reign of Nero. The old idea that John wrote as late as 90-95 AD is now discredited almost everywhere - it just does not stand up to careful research. That scenario came from Bible liberals and evangelicals should not have been so quick to get 'on-board' with it. The irony is that it was another liberal, John Robinson, who overturned it. John the Apostle wrote in the 60s AD just a few years before the temple was destroyed by the Romans in 70AD. It is now also clear from this that John wrote before Galba became emperor in 68AD.

Revelation 17:9 identifies Rome, as the seven mountains. The seven kings represent the seven kings of the Roman Empire and the present time in which the author of Revelation finds himself is the time of the sixth king - Nero.  

RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
-->
@PGA2.0
I know that in the original John quote it seems to be anyone who opposes or denies Christ, I already said I knew that.

It's later made out to be a male offspring of the Devil who is very arrogant it will succeed, very cunning in how it deceives people and how it beats Jesus and god to begin with but loses due to the return of Jesus.

Jesus returning defeated the entire purpose of (from his enemies' perspectives) his Crucifixion. It completely let him win in a way they never could beat.
PGA2.0
PGA2.0
-->
@RationalMadman
I know that in the original John quote it seems to be anyone who opposes or denies Christ, I already said I knew that.

It's later made out to be a male offspring of the Devil who is very arrogant it will succeed, very cunning in how it deceives people and how it beats Jesus and god to begin with but loses due to the return of Jesus.

Jesus returning defeated the entire purpose of (from his enemies' perspectives) his Crucifixion. It completely let him win in a way they never could beat.

There are four different beasts described in Revelation. Only one applies to the devil if I remember correctly.

His return - are you referring to the Second Coming? That happened in AD 70. What is your point? He wins, yes! He conquers death and in AD 70 Satan is judged.

Sitara
Debates: 2
Sitara
-->
@RationalMadman
I am a Christian, do I count?