Total: 190
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Lemming
That statement seems obviously wrong to me.

Why do you think that?

Do you really think Cancer can be cured with government fiat? Do you have any idea how much money the government has thrown at Cancer to date with little to no results?

The size of a standard Car battery hasn't changed in over 50 years. What makes you think the Government can mandate a smaller battery now?

You cannot simply mandate innovation. You have to nurture innovation and hope for the best. You also cannot mandate consumer demand. People will leave the country if they are forced to give up half their earnings on mandated technology they do not want. let some other backwards nation try out that social experiment before America does. America will be just fine if it is not the first.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@Lemming
Well, the website you directed me to had a video where Biden stated, 
"We have to move towards a net zero emissions. The first place to do that by the year 2035 is in energy production, by 2050 totally." - Joe Biden
I didn't see a video where he said 2025.
In the video you showed me, he talked about transitioning.
Countries have transitioned through many different technologies and developments of history. From plows and tractors, horses and cars, hand makers to automated factories.

I see you also think China will corner us on the Green market if we pursue that direction.

I don't think the Romans 'needed fossil fuels when they made steel and concrete.

I disagree with your perspective of bye bye to electricity, for various reasons, but I'm lazy to argue the point.

Are fossil fuels an infinite resource?
I mean if you control F for 2025 you’ll see the quote. If you want me to find it in the actual debate, I can do that for you.

Romans made steel using coal. Not to mention their method of concrete has been lost to history and requires volcanic ash and lime.

I never said fossil fuels are infinite. I’m just saying it’s unrealistic to get rid of it by 2025.
Danielle
Debates: 3
Danielle
-->
@MisterChris
1. He openly endorsed the Green New Deal, universally recognized as the stupidest idea anyone has ever presented in American politics.
"No, I don't support the Green New Deal. I support the Biden plan that I put forward, which is different from what Trump calls the radical Green New Deal." - Biden at 1:22:35 

2. He made no condemnation of the riots and domestic terrorism plaguing America.
"Violence and response is never appropriate. Never appropriate. Peaceful protest is. Violence is never appropriate." - Biden at 55:55 

"I've made it clear in my public statements that the violence should be prosecuted. It should be prosecuted. And anyone who commits it should be prosecuted." - Biden at 1:03:22 

3. His COVID argument literally consists of "This international plague is somehow Trump's fault."
His argument is not that the virus is Trump's fault. It was 1) Trump knew about the Virus in February but downplayed significance to the American public; 2) Trump was not harsh enough with China's president insofar as letting U.S. health experts investigate in Wuhan, and Trump praised Xi for being so transparent; 3) Trump's administration did not provide enough protective gear, or pass the other House bill to provide money that would provide PPE, ventilation and other expenditures that would allow schools and businesses to remain open. 

4. His economic argument is "you killed the economy" but at the same time "we need to close the country"
Actually he spoke against shut downs. He said the reason the economy had to be shut down was largely in part to Trump's negligence, and had he taken certain measures - specifically telling the public about the virus sooner; emphasizing the seriousness of the virus rather than downplay the 'hoax' of concern; encouraging everyone to wear masks; and providing PPE to critical establishments among other things, that businesses would have been a lot safer to remain open. He said "If I were running it, I’d know what the plan is. You’ve got to provide these businesses the ability to have the money to be able to reopen with the PPE, as well as with the sanitation they need. You have to provide them classic-" before being interrupted by Trump. 

Then Trump says "Well, he wants to shut down this country and I want to keep it open, and we did a great thing by shutting it down" to which Joe replies "You just admitted you'd shut it down." Then Trump accused Biden of wanting to shut the whole country down, and before Biden could reply Chris Wallace interrupts and says they need to move on. Biden demands a chance to respond 2x and both times the moderator wouldn't let him.

But it's clear that Biden's proposal is not to shut down - it's  to spend a lot of money allowing businesses to stay open. 

5. Weirdly enough, Biden hurled more insults at Trump than vice versa. This was the time he was supposed to be the grown up. Instead, they both looked childish. 
How would we determine this considering there is no way to quantify tone or sarcasm? What we can do is tally the number of insults and interruptions, but that wouldn't say much about the breadth of the dig (like some insults are worse than others). For instance Biden told Trump to shut up and called him a clown, but Trump mocked Hunter Biden's drug problems. I'm curious what your metric is and then I'll be able to go back and see if this is true. Trump interrupted 70+ times; Biden interrupted 20+ times if that counts for anything. 

Danielle
Danielle
To add on to point #3 about Biden's argument on Covid, he said that Trump misled the public about unproven treatments, mocked people for wearing masks, and did not require or advocate masks (i.e. at events like the one for Amy C.B. and the president's rallies). So he provided a general outline for all the ways in which he think the President did a poor job at leading us through the pandemic.  His position was certainly not limited to "The international plague is Trump's fault." It's that Trump did a poor job responding with lack of transparency +  a false sense of hope and security, coupled with not helping to secure enough funding by prodding the Senate. I can pull up the quotes with timestamps if people request. 

7 days later

Danielle
Danielle
-->
@MisterChris
Well?
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
-->
@Danielle
You win on points 1 & 2, those statements were inaccurate, but the sentiment remains. The rest I'm far too groggy to respond to atm.

346 days later

BigPimpDaddy
Debates: 5
BigPimpDaddy
-->
@MisterChris
I agree with this. Dan Crenshaw and Tucker Carlson are promising to me
Tucker is quite possibly the worst candidate.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@BigPimpDaddy
Tucker Carlson....Too much hairspray.

RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
-->
@BigPimpDaddy
Can you imagine if Tucker Carlson said 'fake news' while being president?

The irony would be hilarious.
ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc
-->
@RationalMadman
Can you imagine if Tucker Carlson said 'fake news' while being president?

False narrative is becoming the new set of truths for humanity, ergo, more evidence for an end-date-for-humanity 2232{ approx. }.

Greed, ego, and power ergo stupidity is leading to end-date-for-humanity sooner, rather than later.