Can't wait for Trump to lose like a bitch

Author: Death23

Total: 206
thett3
Debates: 2
thett3
I’m hoping that Biden acts as a Deng like figure that calms down and diffuses the more radical and violent elements of the left, allowing us to enter into a new era of politics in 2024 where the Trumpist right and the Sanders (economic) left compete head to head. Whether Biden can do this remains to be seen since he’s always been a complete empty suit. But I have at least some hope. 

To the republicans in this thread, you’re in denial. Trump can win but if he did it would be the biggest comeback since Dewey v. Truman, which is famous for a reason. If your plan involves winning every single election you’ve already lost, so don’t be too upset if he loses. I can look past Trumps behavior and actually think it’s funny and way less relevant than his policies (which have been great for the most part) but I can see how it turns off tens of millions of people who would otherwise be amenable to a platform of protecting blue collar jobs, ending overseas adventures, protecting the border, etc. 
thett3
thett3
The most encouraging sign for Trump is that his vote share always lags his approval and I think the vast majority of people who approve of him will end up voting for him. If that happens it will be enough to stave off a humiliating loss, but it won’t be enough to win. People really are afraid of the wokastapo (I would never admit to voting for Trump to some random person calling me) so there probably is a bit of a shy Tory effect going on...I don’t expect the Biden +12 polls we have been seeing to bear fruit. 

But let’s get real. I don’t think he’s ever beaten Biden in a single national poll. I can’t remember the last time I saw a poll in a critical state where he is leading. 
HistoryBuff
Debates: 0
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
Admit you were too lazy to read the left-wing propaganda ABC article I linked.
nothing in your statement required me to open a link. you asked if I knew what the term means. I do. so why would open a link? Also, a large percentage of your links are to right wing nut jobs, so i generally don't look at them unless I need to to disprove your point. 

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@thett3
I can look past Trumps behavior and actually think it’s funny and way less relevant than his policies (which have been great for the most part
no, they really haven't. they have been terrible. What policies are you even talking about?

but I can see how it turns off tens of millions of people who would otherwise be amenable to a platform of protecting blue collar jobs, ending overseas adventures, protecting the border, etc. 
but he hasn't done any of those things. His trade wars have hurt millions of people and destroyed jobs. He hasn't ended any overseas adventures, and he came damn close to starting a new one with Iran. He has done shit all to "protect the border". 

All these things you claim he's done are things he has lots of rhetoric on, but very little positive action. 

thett3
thett3
-->
@HistoryBuff
We disagree. I made my case for Trump here, if you’re interested in my thoughts. But I’m much more interested in talking about the election itself than trying vainly to convince someone who will never agree with me

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@thett3
We disagree. I made my case for Trump here, if you’re interested in my thoughts. But I’m much more interested in talking about the election itself than trying vainly to convince someone who will never agree with me
fair enough. We can leave trump's massive deficiencies as president out of the discussion directly. 

But they have a bearing on his election chances. The polling shows Biden is more trusted to handle every single thing they tested for except the economy, which is still pretty close. Trump's failures as president have caused them to see Biden as more trustworthy to handle every aspect of american life than Trump. And for Covid Biden was trusted more by a huge margin. Since Covid is, by far, the most important election issue, that is really bad for trump. 

also, this is an edit cause I went and checked that post. That is a SUPER low bar of success. I grant not starting wars is a positive, but he publicly bragged that he ordered an act of war on Iran and cancelled it at the last minute. Appointing activist judges is not a good thing, it will only deepen the culture war because now democrats will have to pack the courts too. That is a deeply bad thing. And his trade wars have only caused more damage. they have not been positive. 
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
nothing in your statement required me to open a link. you asked if I knew what the term means. I do. so why would open a link? Also, a large percentage of your links are to right wing nut jobs, so i generally don't look at them unless I need to to disprove your point. 

That's fine. Nothing shouts fucktard lazy liberal than someone too shallow and uncaring enough to even listen to left wing propaganda anymore.

Even from ABC.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
That's fine. Nothing shouts fucktard lazy liberal than someone too shallow and uncaring enough to even listen to left wing propaganda anymore.
this is sad. You asked if I knew what it meant and I did. I then answered you. So I am somehow lazy for knowing the answer to the question you asked?

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
For the non-lazy, here is right wing propaganda explaining why HB is wrong about the term "court packing"

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
For the non-lazy, here is right wing propaganda explaining why HB is wrong about the term "court packing"
well you were right about right wing propaganda. Jesus, do people actually believe that bullshit? I mean just in the 1st 60 seconds it is all bullshit. The republicans have been packing the courts with hard right wing judges so they can use the courts to bypass congress. IE if you get the courts to interpret the constitution in a far right wing way, then congress can do little about it and republicans can get their way by subverting democracy. He somehow has twisted it to pretend that the democrats are trying to do this, when republicans have been doing it for years. 

How does anyone take this seriously?

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Death23
I'll take my chances, and I'd say the odds are looking pretty good right now. PA's the key state in all the models, and even Trafalgar group's polling has Biden in the lead there.
Be careful, it’s within MoE with weeks left
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@HistoryBuff
The republicans have been packing the courts with hard right wing judges so they can use the courts to bypass congress. IE if you get the courts to interpret the constitution in a far right wing way, then congress can do little about it and republicans can get their way by subverting democracy. He somehow has twisted it to pretend that the democrats are trying to do this, when republicans have been doing it for years. 

How does anyone take this seriously?
You don’t even know what court packing means lmao. What kind of HistoryBuff are you😂
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
He’s a fraud. HistoryBuffs would know the history of the term
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
I just can't believe he was too lazy to even gloss over the ABC article. It was written by a Trump Hater for fucks sake.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
I just can't believe he was too lazy to even gloss over the ABC article. It was written by a Trump Hater for fucks sake.
He’s a fraud and a liar.

History is on the side of the GOP. It’s very clear. Then again, when has history ever mattered if it isn’t politically convenient 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
History is written by the violent mob.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
History is written by the violent mob.
You know what would be funny? If Biden did win and Congress was Democrat and they did pass a court packing, the Supreme Court declares it unconstitutional. That would be funny af. They wouldn’t even have the votes to remove the judges.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
They will just impeach the judges when they eventually get 60 Senators.

Libtards love dictators.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Death23
Can't wait for Trump to lose like a bitch

Why? 
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@ILikePie5

History is on the side of the GOP. It’s very clear. Then again, when has history ever mattered if it isn’t politically convenient 
are you serious? it has never happened? so Merrick Garland is on the supreme court? oh wait, no. because the republicans whined that a year away from an election was just too close. they needed to wait till after the election to fill the position. 

If they hadn't blocked Obama's picks for the courts then you would absolutely have a point, but they did do that. Then rushed to fill all the vacancies they created once trump was elected. That is court packing. Years of playing political games with the courts have made them political. Republicans have no moral high ground to cry about it when the democrats respond. I know republicans will cry about it anyway (they do love to play the victim). But the republicans started this. 
Danielle
Debates: 3
Danielle
-->
@Vader
Lol can't wait til the Biden supporters cry when the silent majority shows up for Trump'

Lol @ "the silent majority." Every single person on the planet INCLUDING TRUMP and Republicans know that Trump is a *minority president* and the only president aside from GWB to win with less votes than his opponent. The entire reason the GOP clings so desperately and pathetically to the electoral college, and does everything in their power to suppress voting within legal means, is because they are 100% certain they are in the voting minority. Being in the minority is literally their defense of the electoral college. The majority of people absolutely do not support Trump so this tagline is so dumb. Silent majority lol. I can't. 
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@Death23
PA's the key state in all the models

Florida is the state that is critical to Trump's re-election, but Wisconsin, Michigan and PA are the three marquee races that Trump needs to hold in order to win. He's polling poorly in all three states, so he recently took ad spend out of Iowa and Ohio to put resources in those other three. That was the right move for him but reeks of desperation. So do Mike Pence's constant visits to FL. The way white women and especially seniors have turned on Trump is pretty great. Sad they supported him in 2016 but I understood it then. 
Danielle
Danielle
Packing the court is very bad for democracy and the judicial system, but Democrats have no choice if certain precedents are not adhered to.  If the status quo of politicians is going to be manipulating every possible legal loophole to advance your ideology then this is a logical next step for Dems, and their constituents will want them to do it. I agree the Republicans also have no moral high ground to stand on when it comes to this issue. At all. Very sad that it's come to this. The best thing to do would be to let the next president pick the Judge. If Republicans are really so confident about being "the silent majority" they should have no problem with this at all whatsoever. Clearly they don't actually believe that. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@HistoryBuff
are you serious? it has never happened? so Merrick Garland is on the supreme court? oh wait, no. because the republicans whined that a year away from an election was just too close. they needed to wait till after the election to fill the position. 

If they hadn't blocked Obama's picks for the courts then you would absolutely have a point, but they did do that. Then rushed to fill all the vacancies they created once trump was elected. That is court packing. Years of playing political games with the courts have made them political. Republicans have no moral high ground to cry about it when the democrats respond. I know republicans will cry about it anyway (they do love to play the victim). But the republicans started this. 
You clearly didn’t both reading the comprehensive article I sent you that showed there’s historical precedent for Mitch McConnell’s actions against Garland and for Barrett. Maybe read the history before gaslighting my friend
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Danielle
Packing the court is very bad for democracy and the judicial system, but Democrats have no choice if certain precedents are not adhered to.
Which precedent are you talking about?

Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Danielle
Lol @ "the silent majority." Every single person on the planet INCLUDING TRUMP and Republicans know that Trump is a *minority president* and the only president aside from GWB to win with less votes than his opponent.
The entire reason the GOP clings so desperately and pathetically to the electoral college, and does everything in their power to suppress voting within legal means, is because they are 100% certain they are in the voting minority. Being in the minority is literally their defense of the electoral college. The majority of people absolutely do not support Trump so this tagline is so dumb. Silent majority lol. I can't. 
Polls had Hilary Clinton leading massive in all the polls, yet she lost to Donald Trump bigtime, in a time where Donald Trump had no political resume and was a wildcard. And even if we take the majority theory, Trumps base is literally 40% versus Biden high 20%. So from that consensus, he is the majority. Then lets look at people who are undecided or will not say on the ballot. I live in the 2nd most liberal state in America as a Conservative. Do you really think a white, cis, straight, female, like my mother, is going to openly support Trump where I live? F*ck no. She will stay undecided and vote for Trump. That is a silent majority.

This election is coming down to the Suburban White Moms and Teachers. Luckily for me, I am surrounding by both of these things. My aunts work for the CPS (and before we say anything about, oh they probably work in rich Chicago, they don't, it's the inner city schools) and they are unconfident with Biden and ESPECIALLY Kamala. They've seen her incriminate 250k African Americans for non violent crimes and can not phantom her becoming a presidental next up. 

So maybe your right, Trump at the time was an unpopular candidate, but with a growing base and silent voters, Trump will win. 

Also the whole electoral college think is such an useless argument to make in general. Electoral college gives fair representation to rural areas as well so there voice has an equal chance as well. Trump in the electoral college went after states with a big rural industry and tried to focus on those outliers. It can be said he won Michigan and Wisconsin because he appealed to the farmers and middle class counties versus urban, which lead to the turn. Also, he won every different states vote count from what I remember. If he won individual states by a majority, he won the presidency. You can't compare the massive 55M population in California and 20M in Illinois for that gap and say each state is getting an equal representation

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
They will just impeach the judges when they eventually get 60 Senators.

Libtards love dictators.
They need 67 and there are 17 Safe GOP states😂😂
Vader
Vader
-->
@ILikePie5
I could see Graham losing honestly. The Democrats are shoving 57M at the Democratic nominee

Vader
Vader
Also let's made it clear that court packing is a shitty and crooked thing to do. FDR did it in 1937 and it's always sat distasteful in my mouth despise his amazing legacy
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Vader
I could see Graham losing honestly. The Democrats are shoving 57M at the Democratic nominee
Graham isn’t losing. It’s literally Beto 2.0. Beto was never ahead and he spent that cash easily and still lost. It was also during a D+9 environment which won’t be there now in a Presidential year. Graham wins by 3+ if not 5+