Author: Death23

Total: 206
Danielle
Debates: 3
Danielle
-->
@ILikePie5
"There is no stare decisis in the selection of Supreme Court Justices."

Right... I  never said there was. I've already clarified but it's obvious you still have no idea what I meant. I said "Packing the court is very bad for democracy and the judicial system, but Democrats have no choice if certain precedents are not adhered to." The precedents I am referring to are ones like the rulings on gay marriage and healthcare which I just specified in my last post. In other words, if Dems think these issues are on the table because ACB will not follow Supreme Court precedent, they think it's justifiable to pack the court because these issues are that important to them. I wasn't talking at all about the "historical precedent" of appointing judges, which is why the article you shared about it was useless and wholly irrelevant to my point. 

Next time just say you don't know what I'm referring to instead of acting like I'm "wrong" when you have no idea what I'm talking about. 

ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@Danielle
Right... I  never said there was. I've already clarified but it's obvious you still have no idea what I meant. I said "Packing the court is very bad for democracy and the judicial system, but Democrats have no choice if certain precedents are not adhered to." The precedents I am referring to are ones like the rulings on gay marriage and healthcare which I just specified in my last post. In other words, if Dems think these issues are on the table because ACB will not follow Supreme Court precedent, they think it's justifiable to pack the court because these issues are that important to them. I wasn't talking at all about the "historical precedent" of appointing judges, which is why the article you shared about it was useless and wholly irrelevant to my point. 

Next time just say you don't know what I'm referring to instead of acting like I'm "wrong" when you have no idea what I'm talking about. 
So you don’t like Barrett so you’re going to pack the court. How different is that from what FDR did lmao. If we honored precedent, Plessy would still be the law of the land. 

Danielle
Danielle
-->
@Vader
They say it's exaggerated. 

Broken windows policing is not an opinion. It's a criminology theory that says it's valuable to prosecute petty crimes. If your parents disagree with this (you said they were against Kamala doing it) then they must be against the kind of policing Trump supports since Trump and all of his advisors are for that same thing... 
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@ILikePie5

I never said it was different than what FDR did "lmao" nor did I say I agree with it. I said the opposite -- that I don't like the idea of court packing and that it was bad for democracy and the judicial system... but we've already established you're barely literate so it doesn't surprise me you got that wrong. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Danielle
I never said it was different than what FDR did "lmao" nor did I say I agree with it. I said the opposite -- that I don't like the idea of court packing and that it was bad for democracy and the judicial system... but we've already established you're barely literate so it doesn't surprise me you got that wrong. 
Okay, hope your mental gymnastics don’t hurt your brain too much :)
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@ILikePie5
Lol @ trying to turn your blatant reading comprehension failure into "mental gymnastics" on my part. Take a seat. 
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
Not sure why Danielle is so hung up on legal precedents.

We have a constitution for that. It's the penultimate legal precedent right behind the god-given rights of life liberty and pursuit of happiness.

Nothing McConnell has done by approving conservative judges and denying libtard critical race judges alters in any way the letter of the constitution since its inception.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Danielle
Lol @ trying to turn your blatant reading comprehension failure into "mental gymnastics" on my part. Take a seat. 
I think you need brain surgery. Maybe we should call Ben Carson to help you out a bit
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
Not sure why Danielle is so hung up on legal precedents.

We have a constitution for that. It's the penultimate legal precedent right behind the god-given rights of life liberty and pursuit of happiness.
As I said, they don’t like the Constitution 
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@Death23
He's going to squirm like a maggot and I'm going to laugh my ass off.

Biden will probably forget that he is human, then lie on the ground and start wriggling like a maggot. Then I'd laugh MY ass off.

Honestly seems just as likely.
Username
Debates: 9
Username
If Biden loses people will get angry, but my intuition is that he'll probably handle it alright. It'll be a normal loss... Biden will give some kind of speech, etc. 

If Trump loses it'll probably be a shitshow. 
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@Username
Yeah, if Biden loses his Senate run, he will handle it okay. He knows he can still run for president someday.
lady3keys
Debates: 0
lady3keys
-->
@Death23
He's going to squirm like a maggot and I'm going to laugh my ass off.
Sooooooooooooooooooooooo  refreshing!!!   I've been gone from the forum for a little while.  It always felt a bit like being besieged by a group of very aggressive cult members.  But tonight I signed on for just a second ---  and I saw your post!  I'm not saying that Biden was my pick in the Primary, because he wasn't.  But next to his intellectually vacuous, politically incompetent and socially infantile GOP competitor --- he is a shining light on a hill!
Kbub530
Debates: 1
Kbub530
-->
@Death23
I just love it when a website filled to the brim with men use the word "bitch" perjoritively. Really, it just knocks my socks off. 

Trump has created enough misogyny. Surely we don't need to add more.

lady3keys
lady3keys
-->
@Username
If Biden loses people will get angry, but my intuition is that he'll probably handle it alright. It'll be a normal loss... Biden will give some kind of speech, etc. 

If Trump loses it'll probably be a shitshow. 
It is going to be a shitshow alright.  Unless Biden wins by a landslide, Trump will scream "FRAUDULENT BALLOTS" and try to insist that the "packed" , republican, Supreme Court decide who becomes President, instead of the People.  According to Michael Cohen's book (understandably a bit questionable), Trump said, "It doesn't matter how they vote.  It only matters who counts the votes."  God, I hope that idea doesn't materialize in reality. 

I know that Trump has a lot of cases pending against him.  They haven't been "officially filed" because of the FBI rule about "not indicting a sitting President".  So he can't afford to lose.  Also, he owes over 400 million dollars!  That will come due the minute he isn't President.   Because of this and much more, I know he will do absolutely EVERYTHING he can to stay in the White House.
lady3keys
lady3keys
-->
@Death23
@Kbub530
I just love it when a website filled to the brim with men use the word "bitch" perjoritively. Really, it just knocks my socks off. 

Trump has created enough misogyny. Surely we don't need to add more.
Really?  I didn't mind so much.  Trump IS a misogynist, but that is precisely why it felt so entirely appropriate to call him a bitch.   He didn't say "lose like a girl".  He said "lose like a bitch".  I don't know.  I took it at its intended "macro" meaning.  I really liked it.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@lady3keys
It is going to be a shitshow alright.  Unless Biden wins by a landslide, Trump will scream "FRAUDULENT BALLOTS" 
it might be worse than you think. Democrats are more likely to take the pandemic seriously than republicans. So more democrats are likely to use mail in ballots. Which means that on election night trump might be winning, but then the mail in ballots get counted and he he loses. He will try to use that as evidence of fraud. And millions of his cult followers will believe it. 

lady3keys
lady3keys
-->
@HistoryBuff
it might be worse than you think. Democrats are more likely to take the pandemic seriously than republicans. So more democrats are likely to use mail in ballots. Which means that on election night trump might be winning, but then the mail in ballots get counted and he he loses. He will try to use that as evidence of fraud. And millions of his cult followers will believe it. 
I'm painfully aware.  I am planning to vote in person, but I know many, many people who have already voted by mail.  It makes me very nervous (some of that 2016 PTSD coming back).  That is why I hope Biden wins by a landslide; but Trump supporters seem (Legion) sometimes (just a joke).
Death23
Debates: 24
Death23
-->
@bmdrocks21
Honestly seems just as likely.
nop
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@Death23
Ye 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@lady3keys
8 years of PTSD is really bad for your immune system. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@bmdrocks21
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@Kbub530
In my mind a “bitch” is someone possibly annoying and detrimental to oneself. Was I correct or was I mislead by the community?
Death23
Death23
-->
@Intelligence_06

8 days later

Death23
Death23
It's happening.

Bye bye Donny.

Lemming
Lemming
-->
@Death23
Looked like a close race to me, in which Trump managed to retain an impressive amount of support.
Impressive of Trump, 'I'd think, even if a loss.

Assuming that he loses anyway, which seems likely.
Death23
Death23
-->
@Lemming
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
-->
@Lemming
What you call impressive is actually disgusting. Donald John Trump is a racist, narcissistic piece of dirt who does not deserve a single fucking second more in the white house or on TV on ANY channel ANYwhere. He has influenced too many people, brainwashed them to the point people are getting violent and aggressive potentially once Biden is declared the winner due to Trump inciting conspiracy theories and making gullible people fall prey to his BS.
BearMan
Debates: 16
BearMan
lol Death was right
thett3
thett3
He’s all but certain to lose, but make no mistake. The loss will be one of personality, not of policy. I remain convinced that right wing populism is the future 
Man, not to toot my own horn too much but--I was definitely right. Looking at the down ballot results where the GOP (almost certainly) held the senate, came within a hairsbreadth of winning the house against all expectations, and held onto every single state legislature they currently controlled this was a repudiation of Trump, not of Trumpism. Hell, it was hardly even a repudiation of Trump. He came extraordinarily close to winning re-election (around 70k votes between three states--again.) It was close enough that even relatively minor victories, such as a better first debate or passing a stimulus, would've made him a two term president. Actually governing as he promised he would in 2016 instead of a weird half populist/half establishment mess and laying off the tweeting would've resulted in him winning comfortably and taking congress with him--EVEN WITH CORONA! 

Make no mistake, this election was very, very close. It was basically a roll of the 2016 dice all over again and they just came up slightly differently. He has no one but himself to blame for this loss. Good luck to democrats against the competent version of Trump who is absolutely on the way.