Darwinists, explain this

Author: janesix

Total: 80
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
-->
@secularmerlin
My time is limited. Please watch the video instead of asking me to waste my time with you. :)
Goldtop
Debates: 0
Goldtop
Idk if this counts a a bibliography but here's the supposed thing you're asking for relative to the video:
A list of pointless assertions with no evidence. Typical.

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@RationalMadman
You are under no obligation to respond at all let alone provide evidence that supports your claims but if you cannot or will not provide such evidence don't be surprised when I reject your claims.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Goldtop
They all are provable, every single one.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@secularmerlin
Surprised? You think you're the only human being to troll and laugh at a flat earther in order to feel superior and correct?

Stay ignorant, it's fucking hilarious to me. Just don't spam 'citation needed' over and over and talk down to me as if I owe you something so as to not burden your 'time wastage capacity'.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
This is the Table Metaphor for a Rational Conversation. (TMFRC)

Imagine if you will, two people in a room.

They both bring with them a table with some number of legs.

The first person says, here's my table, it has six legs, please let me know if you see any problems.

The second person says, here's my table, it has nine legs, please let me know if you see any problems.

The two people then examine the tables and if there's a structural problem with one of the legs, they point out the problem and give the other a chance to modify or repair the flaws.

If a leg is fundamentally flawed it must be removed from that table.

If either table has fewer than three legs, it can no longer function as a table and that person will have to go back to the drawing board and come up with a (possibly similar) but better table.

Perhaps both tables will stand, and perhaps both tables will fall.

However, if one table stands and the other falls, there is absolutely no obligation for the person with the fallen table to adopt the design of the table that didn't fall.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

However, imagine that one of the two people decides to employ an argumentum ad ignorantiam. - https://en.wikipedia.org...

Person (a) says, here's my table and it has seven legs.

Person (b) says, I don't like any of those legs because they look strange (ad hominem).

Person (a) says, perhaps they look a little strange to you, but they do a perfectly good job of holding up my table, can you please explain, if you believe they don't support my table, what specific -structural-problem- can you identify?

Person (b) refuses to answer this question and instead says, my table is better and therefore your table is wrong (bald assertion, argumentum ad lapidem, false dichotomy).

Person (a) says, what table are you talking about, you haven't shown me your table. AND more to the point, even if your table is "perfect" it does not make my table "wrong". You still need to explain any structural flaws you are able to identify.

Person (b) says, well, it's difficult to describe my table but it is waaaay better than yours, so yours is wrong. I saw a table like your once and it was so dangerous it fell over and killed a bunch of people and made babies cry. (false dichotomy, emotional appeal, bald assertion, strawman, affirming the consequent, and argumentum ad baculum).

Person (a) says, that's not really how this works. You have to show me your table.

Person (b) says, my table is round and has like nine million legs (bald assertion).

Person (a) says, can you be a little more specific?

Person (b) says, YOU CAN'T PROVE MY TABLE IS WRONG (argumentum ad ignorantiam).

Person (a) says, what table are you talking about? It is obviously impossible for me to point out structural flaws in a table that either doesn't exist or that you refuse to show to me or that you only explain in ridiculously vague terms.

Person (b) says, I can't be bothered to show you my table because you could never understand it (ad hominem, argumentum ad ignorantiam).

Person (a) says, if you can't (or won't) show me your table and at least three legs, I think this conversation is over.

Can you show me your table rational madman or do you just want to keep telling me how good it is without presenting it for examination?
Goldtop
Goldtop
15. Density, buoyancy, & Electromagnetism are better explanations for gravity.
16. Gravity is strong enough to hold the oceans to the #earth yet birds, planes, & clouds fly with ease.
18. No observable proof of evolution.

Here are just a few of the so-called proofs of a flat earth from the video. We can easily see at best a grade six attempt at trying to understand what's taught in high school. If you get the chance, pass this children's video on how birds fly along to that grade sixer. Hopefully he might learn something.

Goldtop
Goldtop
They all are provable, every single one.
But you won't prove a single one.

Goldtop
Goldtop
You think you're the only human being to troll and laugh at a flat earther
Pretty much the entire planet laughs at flat earthers. Why shouldn't we laugh? Flat earthers make some of the most hilarious claims. Its as if they scooped out their brains with an ice cream spoon and replaced them with cotton.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@janesix
Darwinists, explain this

I haven't looked at your link and I never do unless there is some kind of synopsis. But..I have to admit Darwinism, to my mind - only works to a point especially when it comes to the human evolution.  Then something happens that cannot really be explained. We (<<<loose term) get to Neanderthal stage and then there is what to me, is an unexplainable explosion in knowledge and physical development .
 A chimpanzee is still a chimpanzee, they are still here, they haven't changed, they didn't die out as we should expect with this theory.

Yet we lost our fur only to need fire, and kill other animal for their fur to replace the fur that we supposedly have shed. It doesn't make sense in evolutionary terms.
I personally think man would die if left out to the elements in his natural state of nakedness. Even the bushmen and desert dweller have to light fires at night. Astronauts alway comment that they know which part of the planet they are passing over in darkness because of the "beautiful sight of these camp fires".
We , to my mind, are the worst equipped animal on the planet. I personally don't believe we even belong here. We may be on the beautiful planet but I find it hard to believe at times if we are actually of it.

We have  had to create a false reality for ourselves, because we are so ill equipped to cope with this world in the 'natural' state of the beings we are. We are not " one with nature" and never will be.
Just my opinion folks. 

janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
-->
@Stronn
Yes I read that. 

This article is eight years old. I wonder if the theory has been tested during this time, but I couldn't find anything else on the subject. I am also wondering if they are genetically identical, they should know that by now. 
janesix
janesix
-->
@Stephen
Do you think we originated on a different planet?
janesix
janesix
-->
@RationalMadman
I don't know about the whole flat-Earth thing. I don't dismiss it out of hnd, yet I tend to think the Earth is a globe. if it's even real at all that is.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@janesix
Do you think we originated on a different planet?
That's a fair question considering I said " I don't believe we are of this planet". But I can only say yes and no. If we were to discount the entire evolutionary process from the most primitive anthropoids of 30 million years ago,we will still end up with a positive proof that Neanderthal man existed before 70,000 BC. This race is believed to have become extinct after  some 40,000 years and in the meantime Cro Magnon man had appeared by 34,000 BC thus beginning the era of  "thinking man"  homo sapiens-  sapienta Latin meaning 'wisdom' , with art, clothing and a community structure.

Strangely enough, this would go some way to agreeing with the Genesis story were the creation of man turned the other way around.
Darwin spoke of the "missing link" in his Decent of Man in relation to to the anomalies in the evolutionary chain. And this has yet to be resolved. 

Although it is now known that the Cro magnon human strain and modern homo sapiens have not the slightest strain of DNA ancestry from the Neanderthals. This was ascertained in 1997 when a team led by Dr Savante Paabo of the University of Munich managed to extract DNA from a Neanderthal upper arm bone fragment. Mitochondrial DNA is passed down ,unchanged from mothers to their children, and, apart from the odd random mutation, all of today's humans have similar sequences. It transpired that the 40,000year - old Neanderthal DNA was so significantly different that it had to be that of an entirely separate species.  The scientist announced that that-  "without question, the Neanderthal race was a dead end" and that there wasn't a single piece of evidence for cross breeding with cro magnon homo sapiens".

Of course it is up to the individual to believe who and what he like. But people such as Dr Savante Paabo and his team of scientists are , I would say, a little difficult to argue with and debunk..

But like I have mentioned in a thread of mine, scientist reading today the creation of the biblical Eve couldn't help but believe that we was probably looking at genetic cloning and engineering.

Genesis 2:21-23

And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept:

So lets say here Adam was anesthetized (put under).

and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;

Then something is taken from inside of him (rib) and he was stitched up.

And the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

And from this body part of Adam they extracted something (DNA?) and created another being, a female.

And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.

janesix
janesix
-->
@Stephen
Although I don't believe in Darwinian evolution, I still think we evolved from earlier primates. 
disgusted
disgusted
Hey madman.
Show me the best photo you have of a flat earth.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@janesix
But the link breaks as if it wasn't a link at all. The Neandertals are proven links to primates, But the link between Neanderthal and homo sapien Cro Magnon has been proven not to exist, there is a unexplainable  giant leap forward?

Still, it give us all something to ponder and wonder about, doesn't it.☺☺☺

janesix
janesix
-->
@Stephen
I don't think there was slow gradual change. I think there was a saltation. As is a homo erectus giving birth to a human.
Stronn
Stronn
-->
@janesix
This article is eight years old. I wonder if the theory has been tested during this time, but I couldn't find anything else on the subject. I am also wondering if they are genetically identical, they should know that by now. 
That was the point of the article, that the populations were genetically tested, and were found to be so genetically similar that their genes must still be mixing with each other. They won't be identical, though. Only twins and artificially created clones are genetically identical. 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@janesix
I don't think there was slow gradual change
I think the evidence is against you Jane. But, it gives all something to ponder doesn't it?  Imagine if mankind knew everything.