What Do You Believe and Why

Author: Jarrett_Ludolph

Total: 6
Jarrett_Ludolph
Debates: 4
Jarrett_Ludolph
What do you believe (Christianity, Islam ,theism, Deism, Atheistism, Agnosticism, ect.) And why do you believe it? What evidence or arguments persuade you to your position?

MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
I believe in the Word of the Bird
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
Yes.
secularmerlin
Debates: 0
secularmerlin
-->
@Jarrett_Ludolph
Firstly one cannot "believe in atheism" since it is a lack of belief by definition. 

That aside I only "know" one thing for certain. I am experiencing something even if that something turns out to be completely illusory.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@MisterChris
Again well played.

11 days later

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Jarrett_Ludolph
What do you believe (Christianity, Islam ,theism, Deism, Atheistism, Agnosticism, ect.)

As a good starting point for a basic foundation of what is true I believe in the descriptions as defined in Spiritism and Spiritualism, not as a religion per say but as a system of belief/experience of the full scope of reality as it is. Everything that follows can be derived from these assessments. 

Spiritism-
"the nature, origin, and destiny of spirits, and their relation with the corporeal world....
Spiritist philosophy postulates that humans, along with all other living beings, are essentially immortal spirits that temporarily inhabit physical bodies for several necessary incarnations to attain moral and intellectual improvement. It also asserts that disembodied spirits, through passive or active mediumship, may have beneficent or malevolent influence on the physical world.
Kardec calls Spiritism a science dedicated to the relationship between incorporeal beings (spirits) and human beings.
Thus, some Spiritists see themselves as not adhering to a religion, but to a philosophical doctrine with a scientific fulcrum and moral grounds.

Spiritualism-
is a metaphysical belief that the world is made up of at least two fundamental substances, matter and spirit. This very broad metaphysical distinction is further developed into many and various forms by the inclusion of details about what spiritual entities exist such as a soul, the afterlife, spirits of the dead, deities and mediums; as well as details about the nature of the relationship between spirit and matter. It may also refer to the philosophy, doctrine, or religion pertaining to a spiritual aspect of existence.
It is also a term commonly used for various psychic or paranormal practices and beliefs recorded throughout humanity's history and in a variety of cultures.
the view that spirit is a prime element of reality

And why do you believe it?

My own experience, observation of the world, evidence and cross referencing.

What evidence or arguments persuade you to your position?

It coincides with religion and spiritual observations/experiences as a whole, accounts for the full scope of human experience. The evidence is loud and clear, the arguments I have concluded are the results of a perfect match for the entire framework of spiritual reality. Cross referencing provides a powerful body of evidence and support when evaluating spiritual propositions.
Many people might be unaware that there is a science to spirituality, the very nature of it is based on application and observation. This is not about a system of mere beliefs but of participation and experience.