One God? It is simply Not True

Author: Stephen

Total: 35
Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@disgusted

You are basing an argument on an English language convention, which is simply absurd. What letters were used as a name for your god before an Englishman decided it should be a capital G?
Old English, of Germanic origin; related to Dutch god and German Gott .
Oddly, the exact origin of the word God is unknown.
All that we know for certain is that the word God is a relatively new European invention, which was never used in any of the ancient Judaeo-Christian scripture manuscripts which were written in Hebrew, Aramaic, Greek or Latin.
Amusingly,  none of the prophets, sages and disciples who wrote down the various books of the Bible would recognize or understand this recently invented word God. Yet people fight over it!
Well actually all of the prophets, sages, and disciples and all who wrote the various books of the Bible would recognise the clear distinction between the God who created this world and anything else that somehow purports to take his place. the English g and G may well be an invention to distinguish English words - but in the Hebrew other language signals were used. 

And in any event, it is you or stephen who conveniently use parts of the bible to selectively make points - but intentionally relegate passages which clearly say there is only one God to almost nothing.

disgusted
Debates: 0
disgusted
-->
@Tradesecret
What did you say those letters were and you are wrong people (fictional or true) in the bible would not have recognised the word god, big or little g.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Grugore
So your god wants people to waste their time on him? Oh dear.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Tradesecret
Tradesecret  Wrote; Yes [ Grigore]I agree with that understanding. Good to see others have a brain as well. 

But this BIBLICAL below verse clearly contradicts what Grigore only thinks one of those verses means and he hasn't made clear at all to which he is referring.

"Thou shalt not revile the gods, nor curse the ruler of thy people" (Ex. 22:10)

How someone "understands" something doesn't make it true and doesn't make it fact. And I see you still have ignored the questions. What is the matter with you?

When Elyon divided the nations,when he separated the sons of Adam, he established the borders of the nationsaccording to the number of the sons ofthe gods.
Yahweh’s portion was his people, [Israel]his allotted inheritance. (Deut. 32:8–9)

The god of the Hebrews Confessed that he was jealous of other gods. If there were no other gods what had he to be jealous of? 

Moses was told strictly not to  make images of other gods or to worship any other gods or images, if there are no other gods how could anyone make an image of other gods? 

and 

How could anyone possible worship any other gods if there wasn't any other gods?

Here is just a few of the references to other gods  that I quickly scrambled together from for those reading here, and that both the people and your particular god acknowledged and recognised. There are many more but I think I have proved my point and you have failed again.

And God said, Let US make man in our image, after OUR likeness: Genesis 1:26

“ let US go down and confuse their language sothey will not understand each other.”Genesis 11:7 

“You shall have no other gods before me”.Exodus.20:3 

Ye shall not go after other gods, of the gods ofthe people which are round about you; Deuteronomy 6:14-16 

God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods.....  Psalm 82

I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children ofthe most High."TheLord is a great God, and a great King aboveall gods"  . Ps.95:3.

For the Lord is agreat God, and a great King above all godsPsalm 95:3 
Psalm 135:5
For I know that the Lord isgreat, and that our Lord is above all gods.

The jewish list of commandments simply says:

“You shall not recognize the gods of others in My presence".(Sh’mot 20:1-5).

"Woe Unto us! who shall deliverus out of the hand of these mighty Gods? these are the Gods that smote the Egyptians with all theplagues in the wilderness" (1 Sam. 4:8).

Nebuchadnezzar acknowledged to Danielthat "your God is a God of gods, and a Lord of kings,..."(Dan. 2:47).

Hespoke of Daniel as one "inwhom is the spirit of the holy gods" andtold Daniel "I know that the spirit of the holy gods isin thee"(Dan. 4:8-9, 18)

Hisqueen also spoke of Daniel as one"in whom is the spirit of the holy gods"and said that he had "wisdom like the wisdom of the gods"(Dan. 5:11)

"Thou shaltnot revile the gods, nor curse the ruler of thypeople" (Ex. 22:10)

Joshuaexclaimed, "The LORD Godof gods, the LORD God of gods, he knoweth, "(Josh. 22:22;see 22:5)

"Thehouse which I build is great: for great is our God above all gods" (2 Chron. 2:5).

When Elyon divided the nations, when he separated the sons ofAdam,he established the borders of the nationsaccording to the number of the sons of the gods.Yahweh’s portion was his people, [Israel]his allotted inheritance. (Deut. 32:8–9)

Do not follow other gods, the gods of the peoples around you (Deut. 6:14)
But you must not turn away from all the commandments I amgiving you today, to either the right or left, nor pursue other gods and worship them (Deut. 28:14–15).

When Mosesand the children of Israel sang praises to the LORD they sang, "Who islike unto thee, 0 LORD, amongthe gods? who is like thee, glorious in holiness fearful inpraises, doing wonders?" (Ex. 15:11).

Moses also spoke' of, "The LORDyour God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great god, a mighty, . . ." (Deut. 10:17).

Mostinteresting it that in the Greek speaking world of St Paul & Baranbas,  it was believedZeus/Jupiter and Mercurius/ mercury had come to them as Paul andBarnabas;

12 And they called Barnabas, Jupiter; and Paul, Mercurius, because hewas the chief speaker.
13 Then the priest of Jupiter, which was before their city, broughtoxen and garlands unto the gates, and would have done sacrifice with thepeople. Acts 14:12-13

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Tradesecret
And in any event, it is you or stephen who conveniently use parts of the bible to selectively make points - but intentionally relegate passages which clearly say there is only one God to almost nothing. 
Not at all. I will say here and now, the god of the ISRAELITES says to his own people that ' he is the only god to be worshipped and by his own people.. This is what you are denying and ignoring or it simply has never dawned on you. The Israelite god was not a god of all people of all nations , he says so himself.

There is one of those verses that clearly states , this god in particular, has chosen HIS PEOPLE and only HIS PEOPLE should worship him AND NOT ANY OTHER GODS OF THE OTHER TRIBES. 

LOOK FOR YOURSELF AND BEGIN TO UNDERSTAND WHAT HAD GONE ON:>>>>

When Elyon divided the nations,when he separated the sons of Adam, he established the borders of the nations according to the number of the sons of the gods.
Yahweh’s portion was his people, [Israel]his allotted inheritance. (Deut. 32:8–9)

Do you not see or understand what has gone on here.  This Israelite god divided up the earth into four portions, One for himself and HIS CHOSEN and three for the individual sons of adam and their generations. So that is four parts or "corners"  with the middle east / Israel in particular including Jerusalem at its centre for his own portion. LOOK>>>>"Yahweh’s portion was his people", called ISRAEL.

And you have the nerve to imply that I don't have a brain.

And there is only one way to tell you this. If these scriptures are to be believed then  Christians have been worshiping the wrong god for over 2,000 years.