what is the Earth's purpose?

Author: janesix

Total: 44
Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@Castin
Yes, to a point, I think the purpose of life is to glorify God and to enjoy him forever. 

That is not precisely worship, but for the purpose of what we are discussing it will suffice. Yet, note there are two aspects to this. Firstly, it is about acknowledging God and secondly, it is about being fulfilled as his creation in the way that God wants to live. Purpose and identity is thence found in God and living as he wants us to. It is not self-directed but other centred. In fact is God centred - Love God and love others. 

Outplayz
Debates: 0
Outplayz
-->
@Castin
- Does Earth's apparent uniqueness as a life bearing planet imply a creator intended for us to be here? 
I don't think it implies it, although for life to be real in general is a very curious thing. To have our type of imagination and mind proven to be something real kinda blows me away. This is bc i believe the space which we are in, and beyond, is infinite per se... or unlimited. The implications of our type of creativity to be something real could have some very crazy implications in a infinite type setting. 

- Mass extinction is inevitable for every life form on Earth. Why were we created just to be destroyed? 
Another thing that's curious. If we are spiritual beings, and/or, some kind of / from some kind of eternal entities... then, we must die. Death would be the reset back to said entity. It looks like even if we can find a way to live forever... at some point, this reset is inevitable. Spiritually, that makes sense if we must die to become our true selves again.  

- Are the Earth's purpose and humanity's purpose two different things, or is the purpose of our planet bound to us in some way? 
To me our earth is the TV and we are the movie (spiritually speaking). Earth is the platform to allow for our experiences. I think that makes the purpose bound to us in some way in regards to your question.  
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Tradesecret

Yes, to a point, I think the purpose of life is to glorify God and to enjoy him forever. 
Let's all glorify the fictional insecure narcissist created 2,500yrs ago.
I'll have a real purpose if it's all the same to you.
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@disgusted
Let's all glorify the fictional insecure narcissist created 2,500yrs ago.
I'll have a real purpose if it's all the same to you.

I don't want to glorify anyone who was created 2500 years ago. In fact I don't want to glorify anything was created. God has existed always and always will. without his existence - we don't exist. "God exists - therefore I am". And the bible is far older than 2500 years in any event, so try and do some homework before you continue your nonsense. 

As for a real purpose - I assume you are talking about a subjective thingie that you can personally do. It looks like right now it is try and help as many religious people back into the world of non-reality as quickly as possible.  It really is hard to be serious with someone who thinks right is wrong and that wrong is the solution - especially the path is destruction. 
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Tradesecret

I don't want to glorify anyone who was created 2500 years ago. In fact I don't want to glorify anything was created. God has existed always and always will. without his existence - we don't exist. "God exists - therefore I am". And the bible is far older than 2500 years in any event, so try and do some homework before you continue your nonsense. 
And yet you do. And yet you do. Your god was invented 2.5k years ago and the folks who invented him claimed he had always existed your belief is in man made claims, nothing more.
It really is hard to be serious with someone who thinks right is wrong and that wrong is the solution - especially the path is destruction. 
I am absolutely certain that it's impossible to take someone serious who claims that infanticide and genocide are morally righteous, that's your stance and the position of your invisible 2,500yr old friend.
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@disgusted
How do you define what is right and wrong? 
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Tradesecret
I use my brain, unlike you who uses the brains of primitive, ignorant, superstitious bronze/iron age savages. I find my brain vastly superior to theirs/yours.
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@disgusted
Well that just proves how smart you are? Why do think that you of all the people in this entire world and indeed history of the world has some kind of unique measuring device that enables you as opposed to me or indeed any superstitious person in this world to know right from wrong and us not?

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Tradesecret
Reading comprehension fail, yet again. Read what's written not what's rattling around in your bonce.
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@disgusted
Yes you said you use your brain. Well so do I.  And so did other people in this generation and in other generations. so now that is settled, what makes you think that you of all the people in this entire world and indeed history of the world has some kind of unique measuring device that enables you as opposed to me or indeed any superstitious person in this world to know right from wrong and us not?

and this time give us an answer and not some ad hominin attack. Try answering the question with an argument in other words. Or perhaps that is asking to much?
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Tradesecret
And the bible is far older than 2500 years in any event,
The bible is approx. 1600yrs old, don't you know anything about biblical history?
Yes you said you use your brain. Well so do I.
No you don't, you use the brains of ignorant superstitious primitive savages.
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@disgusted
And the bible is far older than 2500 years in any event,
The bible is approx. 1600yrs old, don't you know anything about biblical history?
Yes you said you use your brain. Well so do I.
No you don't, you use the brains of ignorant superstitious primitive savages.
Jesus lives approximately 2000 years ago. The NT is dated from within 30 years of his death. 

The OT on the other hand was written thousands of years prior to Jesus. David lived well before Jesus. And Moses well before him. 

Even the Dead Sea Scrolls are older than 1500 years. I am not the one who needs to do their homework. 
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Tradesecret
The OT on the other hand was written thousands of years prior to Jesus.
The earliest books of the OT were written just over a thousand years before Jesus and later books within a couple hundred years.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Tradesecret
Make up your mind what you want to discuss. You claimed that the bible canonised between 300-400AD was what you were discussing. 1600yrs ago.