Is ohio lost for dems?

Author: Dr.Franklin

Total: 39
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@lady3keys
Because it isn't about doing harm.  It is about doing "unnecessary harm".  What do I need to protect myself and my family?  I need a handgun.  I don't need a semi-automatic to do that --- unless the other guy has one as well.   What is the minimum needed for a civilian?  If they take away my AR-15, I lose nothing.  I can still protect myself with my handgun.  If they take away my handgun, I lose my protection.

We don't ban handguns because we all have the right to protect ourselves.  But that right should not extend to unnecessary force.  That is going above and beyond our need.  It isn't about the number of deaths.  Maybe it should be.  I don't know.  But for me, I need a gun, because a guy with a knife would be too much for me without a gun.  
So what you’re saying is that rights should be valued more than deaths? Pardon me but that’s the entire conservative argument. If you cared about deaths then you’d ban handguns, but you clearly disagree because rights supercede those. I could argue the same thing for semi automatic rifles.

I support abortion ONLY IN THE 1ST TRIMESTER (3 months). There is no real brain tissue yet. I wasn't dodging. I separate the terms "life" and "consciousness-capable life". The is just me, but this is what I go by. The brain tissue doesn't really even begin to form (in the cranial cavity) until after the 1st Trimester. So, yes, there is "life", but no, it is not yet "consciousness-cable life" in the first 3 months. So yes, for me, it is not yet human. It is life, but so is a blade of grass. I don't mean that to sound harsh. I just don't believe it is anything yet.
Using that logic a person in a coma should be allowed to be killed. Being conscious or not doesn’t give fundamental rights. That’s just as arbitrary as saying if you’re black you don’t have rights. At the point of conception human life is formed. If you’re ok with ending a human life , your morals are just fundamentally different than mine. The science is very clear. A person doesn’t become a human and gain rights when the baby forms a brain. Scientifically it’s either at conception or after being removed from the womb. Any other definition is contradictory to science.

I believe in handguns. Even though the formal definition includes them, I don't believe Biden does. But I would be just as happy with a revolver if it came to that. I don't want my gun taken away. I just want excessive force gone -- like I said above.
So are you saying Biden is lying about his platform? Handguns kill more. Logically speaking we ban them instead of handguns.

I hope I explained it well enough above.  I think there is logic to it.  I hope Biden hasn't gone too far.  But if he has, I will SPEAK OUT AGAINST IT --- AND HIM IF NECESSARY.
I personally don’t think he knows what he stands for. He’s been inconsistent on almost every issue. Fracking, guns, abortion, healthcare, environment, etc.
dustryder
Debates: 5
dustryder
-->
@ILikePie5
Scientifically it’s either at conception or after being removed from the womb. Any other definition is contradictory to science.
Once you've moved on from life into personhood and rights, it's no longer a scientific topic but a philosophical one
SirAnonymous
Debates: 3
SirAnonymous
-->
@lady3keys
being called out for using the word "stupid" in reference to a malfunctioning printer (it WAS stuuuuuuuuuuuupid --- I don't care what Kelly from HR said!). 
Kelly was right. The printer wasn't stupid; it was evil.
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
IDK, but if the Republicans lose Texas, there is no hope for the party. 
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@lady3keys
trumps an outsider, how you gonna blame him after he fights establishment dems and bush's brother for their crappy life?

this is a good breakdown why even though i disagree with him-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyBMhmK79tg
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@lady3keys
The issue with raising taxes for people making 400k plus is very prominent

1. People who are doctors who own their own practice who make that money that to pay more. Not everyone in America is Bill Gates type wealthy above 400k, and it could take a huge toll on those people.

2. We are in a global pandemic. When you increases taxes on companies, they have to cut jobs because they don't have the resources to hire more employees. With more funds, you can open up more jobs for people. We are also in a pandemic where people are losing their jobs, so it will be crucial.

3. Prices of goods becomes higher. If these companies get taxed more, they have to increase the prices of their goods to make up for the losses. If oil companies becomes taxed, gas prices will probably go up by maybe .14 cents a gallon or such to make up the loss. Normal Americans will have to pay extra in a pandemic that has taken away jobs.

So yes, while you only tax the 400k+, you are causing a spillover effect to the normal Americans
Vader
Vader
-->
@MisterChris
Texas isn't gonna go blue. Reason why it was even close was only because of higher turnout in urban areas. Most of the state is conservative and even the cities still have a strong conservative base. 
Vader
Vader
-->
@MisterChris
Also the suburban shifting demographic thing the Communist News Network was talking about is alot of crap. Most of these towns are red towns but flipped blue just like most places flipped blue because they can't stand Trump or COVID
Danielle
Debates: 3
Danielle
-->
@thett3
NAFTA was a bipartisan effort but with rare exceptions it’s now republicans who are fighting for the worker on trade
Trump's rhetoric on trade has sounded pretty much indistinguishable from the most liberal Democrats, and Dems are the ones who got his policy passed. 

Out of curiosity, how do you feel about Republicans being anti worker protection and anti union? 

President Donald Trumps efforts to fight for American workers on this front have been mostly ineffectual but the gesture is important.

lol