Are voter ID laws racist?

Author: YeshuaBought

Total: 62
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
true, and trump's conspiracy theories are doing lots more damage. Even though they are all lies. 

You can't put this all on Trump. The DNC is so broken right now; confidence in Authority will surely fall on their watch over the next 4 years.

Biden isn't a unifier of anything and it doesn't matter anyway when Kamala takes over in a year or 2.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@YeshuaBought
I don't know much, about it. Thoughts?
Lines are insanely long cause bureaucracy 
HistoryBuff
Debates: 0
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
You can't put this all on Trump.
I didn't. but it's one thing to think your government is corrupt, it is totally different to think your government is illegitimate because the election was stolen. lots of people didn't trust the government, but at least they knew they were rightfully elected. But trump and the republicans are shitting on what little legitimacy the government has left for petty personal reasons. 

Biden isn't a unifier of anything and it doesn't matter anyway when Kamala takes over in a year or 2.
literally no one could unify america because trump's cultists don't want anyone to. They want to follow their dear leader and anyone who disagrees is a communist or a traitor. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
I didn't. but it's one thing to think your government is corrupt, it is totally different to think your government is illegitimate because the election was stolen.

That's not why people think DC is corrupt. People think DC is corrupt because they tell us there is NO EVIDENCE. 

You even said it yourself as a true believer of DC authority.

literally no one could unify america because trump's cultists don't want anyone to.

You don't trust Biden or Kamala either.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
That's not why people think DC is corrupt. People think DC is corrupt because they tell us there is NO EVIDENCE.
lol imagine that. There is no evidence. "DC" tells you there is no evidence, because there isn't. people scream "NOOOO TRUMP SAYS THERE IS FRAUD SO PEOPLE TELLING ME ABOUT REALITY MUST BE CORRUPT!!!". 

You even said it yourself as a true believer of DC authority.
I know there is corruption. I know the DNC and RNC are corrupt as hell. I also know that Biden won the election and right wing loons are happier trying to destroy democracy than accept reality. 

You don't trust Biden or Kamala either.
of course not. They are right wing corporatists. I think their brand of ideology is bad for america. But it's alot less damaging that Trump's ideology, which is basically just destroying anything that stand between trump and more money and power. 

Conway
Conway
-->
@HistoryBuff
I'm curious if you would elaborate briefly.

Didn't Donald Trump lose money?

Didn't the federal government lose power?
Danielle
Debates: 3
Danielle
-->
@Greyparrot
democrats rely on foreign meddling at the ballot box.

No, it's actually Big Foot that's doing the meddling. Get your facts straight. 
Danielle
Danielle
Voter ID laws are not racist, but Republicans know that people who have a harder time voting for whatever reason (i.e. they can't get off work, don't have time, don't have specific types of ID,  are scared to risk their health during a pandemic, etc.) are more likely to vote Democrat, ergo they engage in suppressing votes whenever possible. Kinda  sad that the GOP can only win by using a system that values minority rule and by limiting the number of votes they want counted. 
Conway
Conway
-->
@Danielle
These people that Republicans are supposed to be suppressing all live in Democrat run districts...What do you have to say to that?  

There really should be a nationwide holiday for elections. 
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@Conway
These people that republicans are supposed to be suppressing all live in democratic run districts...What do you have to say to that?  

So if those people live in Democrat-run cities, they are more likely to be Democrat, yes? 

That confirms states with strict voter ID laws (red states) are trying to disenfranchise Democratic voters within those states.

If they let more Democrats vote, perhaps Republicans would not have such a stronghold in those states.

But they don't want to count their votes. That's exactly the point. 

Conway
Conway
-->
@Danielle

So if those people live in Democrat-run cities, they are more likely to be Democrat, yes? 

That confirms they are trying to suppress Democratic votes in states with strict voter ID laws, i.e. red states. 

If they let more Democrats vote, perhaps Republicans would not have such a stronghold in those states. That's exactly the point. 
I mean, are Republicans restricting the autonomy of these districts?  Are Republicans infiltrating the DNC to make it more difficult for only their constituents?  Are the Democrats choosing to suppress certain voters?  Are the Democrats incompetent?   I'd like to know what's going on here if anyone cares to explain.  
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Danielle
No, it's actually Big Foot that's doing the meddling. Get your facts straight. 

Big foot has a California Drivers license and speaks fluent Spanish I will have you know.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Conway
 Are Republicans infiltrating the DNC to make it more difficult for only their constituents? 

Poor, at-risk from Corona people are just as good as Republicans in the mind of a Democrat.
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@Conway
 I mean, are Republicans restricting the autonomy of these districts? 

What do you mean by restricting autonomy?

Are Republicans infiltrating the DNC to make it more difficult for only their constituents? 
In a sense. Consider that racial and ethnic minorities are statistically less likely to have photo IDs. They are also less likely to vote Republican. Similarly former felons are less likely to vote Republican. Ergo the GOP has an interest in mandating photo ID or restricting votes from felons, so those people who are more likely to vote Democrat do not have the opportunity to do that.

Another example: before 2020 most of the U.S. voted in person. However this year a lot of people did not want to vote in person due to coronavirus fears, and most people that were concerned were Democrats. So everyone knew Democrats would largely choose to vote by mail. Therefore Trump has pathetically tried to claim that mail-in ballots from states like MI or PA would be fraudulent because he knew they'd likely be votes for Dems. However he wanted all of the mail-in ballots from Arizona to be counted because they were likely to go in his favor.  Arizona residents usually vote by mail and tend to vote Republican, so he didn't want to silence THOSE mail in voters -- he only wanted to silence and call "fraudulent" the votes he assumed would go against him.

Are the Democrats incompetent?   I'd like to know what's going on here if anyone cares to explain.
I don't get what this rhetorical question is supposed to imply. If you're asking why some people can't get ID, I feels you, and I don't mind voter ID laws. But there are other ways the GOP tries to suppress votes as well. 

Danielle
Danielle
-->
@Greyparrot
Big foot has a California Drivers license and speaks fluent Spanish I will have you know.

¡Si Señor!  What else did Alex Jones tell you? It's time for the sheeple to wake up. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Danielle
A valid Driver's license at that. Fully functional in the republic of California.

Republicans really suck at getting foreigners to meddle in elections compared to foreigners voting in California.
Trent0405
Debates: 33
Trent0405
I think they are rather pointless, and they serve merely as an unnecessary roadblock to voting. Also, whilst voter ID laws may not be rascist intrinsically, they have rascist outcomes and have been used to target minorities before. That's my broad opinion.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
lol imagine that. There is no evidence.

It's pure political hyperbole to deal in absolutes like ALL or NONE.

Something you expect a politician to do, not "trusted media" bought and paid for by DC elites.

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Conway
Didn't Donald Trump lose money?
short term costs of business. However, he has been caught on multiple occasions using his position to try to personally profit. From using his properties for political functions and over charging his own campaign, to foreign governments and lobby groups buying up large numbers of rooms in his hotels to curry favor, to trying to force government functions (like the g8) to take place at his golf courses, etc. 

He is also planning on continuing to cash in on his followers once he is out of office. 

Didn't the federal government lose power?
I'm not sure what you mean by that. But trump fought hard to increase his personal power. Firing anyone who dared question him and putting "loyalists" into as many positions as possible so that his orders (even the corrupt and/or illegal ones) would not be questioned. 

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
It's pure political hyperbole to deal in absolutes like ALL or NONE.
and yet lawsuit after lawsuit is getting tossed out for a complete lack of evidence. If there is any actual evidence, no one is bringing it forward. 

fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
To all who argue there is no evidence of voter fraud [not necessarily just the 2020 election]: https://www.heritage.org/voterfraud
This documents decided court cases, not accusations.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@HistoryBuff
I refer you to my #51
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
Again, it is pure hyperbole to claim the voting system has no flaws. Extreme hyperbole.

and yet lawsuit after lawsuit is getting tossed out for a complete lack of evidence. 

I don't care about your strawman of there being no evidence for the cases being thrown out. There exist cases that are not being thrown out, yet the media claims there is no evidence despite the convictions existing on public record.

It's the kind of behavior you expect from crony political DC, not the media.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@fauxlaw
To all who argue there is no evidence of voter fraud [not necessarily just the 2020 election]: https://www.heritage.org/voterfraud
This documents decided court cases, not accusations.
lol 1,298 cases in 20 years. thats what, 65 fraudulent votes per year out of over 100 million. That is an infinitesimally tiny issue. 
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
Again, it is pure hyperbole to claim the voting system has no flaws. Extreme hyperbole.
well since that is something I have never said, that is an odd remark. 

I don't care about your strawman of there being no evidence for the cases being thrown out. There exist cases that are not being thrown out, yet the media claims there is no evidence despite the convictions existing on public record.
which cases? show me the cases where there is fraud. you keep claiming there is all this evidence but the only things i have seen are hearsay and the odd error that was quickly caught and corrected. So far no one has been able to provide a single shred of actual evidence. 
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@HistoryBuff
Oh? So now its a matter of frequency? Are we dismissing the claim that there are no incidents of voter fraud at all? Your lot can't stay married to anything, can you? A true history buff would know better. Should we call it "history fraud?"
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
but the only things i have seen are hearsay...

That's a problem when you know the system isn't 100 percent foolproof. You are not being told everything.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@fauxlaw
Oh? So now its a matter of frequency? Are we dismissing the claim that there are no incidents of voter fraud at all?
this is just pathetic. voter fraud is quite rare. there are the odd case here and there where it happens. But in such tiny numbers that it has absolutely no meaningful effect on the election. All your stats proved is that fraud is extremely rare. that 99.999% of votes are totally lawful and that chasing after fraud is silly when it is such a rare thing. 

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
That's a problem when you know the system isn't 100 percent foolproof. You are not being told everything.
no system is ever 100% foolproof. No one would claim otherwise. Odds are there were a handful of fraudelent votes cast. maybe even a few dozen in the entire country. But there is no evidence that widespread fraud occurred. there is no evidence that any such cases of fraud could have had any meaningful effect on the election. 

If evidence of fraud is found, I would absolutely support investigating it. However, no one has been able to provide that evidence. So claiming that fraud happened when there is no evidence is extremely dangerous. 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
But there is no evidence that widespread fraud occurred.

That may be true, but there is evidence that some fraud occurred that was not widespread, and you are not being shown that.

Again, you repeating the propaganda of DC politicians that there exists no evidence of any fraud of any kind is why people don't trust DC anymore.
People should be allowed to look and judge for themselves instead of being lied to.