-->
@Username
Sure, let’s go with that.
Username
Debates: 9
Username
-->
@Tarik
If I say a sentence that does not contradict my views, in this case, can the sentence still be hypocritical? 
Username
Username
-->
@Tarik
That is to ask: What did that sentence contradict, given that it was the first sentence I said in that argument (I believe). 
Tarik
Debates: 1
Tarik
-->
@Username
If I say a sentence that does not contradict my views, in this case, can the sentence still be hypocritical?
Contradictions is what makes things hypocritical so no it was never hypocritical to begin with.

That is to ask: What did that sentence contradict, given that it was the first sentence I said in that argument (I believe).
Because his end isn’t the only one where wrongdoing is made, it’s done on yours too yet you criticized him and only him.
Username
Username
-->
@Tarik
So what did my sentence contradict?
Tarik
Tarik
-->
@Username
Go back and read my previous post.
Username
Username
-->
@Tarik
But I've clarified to you why imprisonment is just but the DP isn't. And before you say that I didn't clarify that to him, remember that even if I didn't my sentence would only be an apparent contradiction. It would not be an actual contradiction since I have clarified why it does not contradict my actual views when asked about it*.
Tarik
Tarik
-->
@Username
But I've clarified to you why imprisonment is just but the DP isn't. 
What’s just and unjust is a discussion for sadolite, not me (I’ve told you this already).

And before you say that I didn't clarify that to him, remember that even if I didn't my sentence would only be an apparent contradiction.
I guess I can agree to that.
sadolite
Debates: 0
sadolite
-->
@Username
Is there anything that is perfect? The argument always circles back to "what if" I can make that argument endlessly about anything. Does one want results or does one want to say what if forever about everything and take no action because they don't want to ever take a position because they are to chicken shit. The what ifs of the world are the staus quos of the world and stand in the way of everything that would make things better, offer less suffering ,or more efficient. The what ifs of the world think nothing can ever be better than what they have been indoctrinated to believe. If there is no prefect alternative than nothing is better than the status quo. There is no amount of human suffering that wont be tolerated by the status quo mentality in order to not have to take a different path or try something new.
Username
Username
-->
@sadolite
If you think I am gunning for a perfect world, you are mistaken. 
Username
Username
-->
@sadolite
If your deterrence rates argument is true, I accept the possibility of more people being harmed in my world than yours. That is not perfectbut it is better than the alternative. 

In (probably) the majority of moral situations my opposition to the sacrifice of humans is the deciding factor. 
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Username
Sleepwalking to a bank and robbing it and robbing a bank while fully conscious are two different things.
from the victim's perspective they are FUNCTIONALLY INDISTINGUISHABLE.
Username
Username
-->
@3RU7AL
Not necessarily. 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Tarik
Trying to make the rules, as ever.
Tarik
Tarik
-->
@zedvictor4
Don’t just talk in code explain yourself, what rule am I trying to make?
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Username
I think you are determined to keep the status quo no matter how much human suffering occurs by keeping it. It easier for you to let people you don't know to die and suffer than taking a position that would seem non main stream status quo publicly and on record.
Username
Username
-->
@sadolite
It is not the status quo, or me being unwilling to take an orthodox position. I see you like to make unfounded assumptions. 

Is human sacrifice always acceptable to you? It is rarely acceptable to me. 
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Checkmate
Do unto others as you would have them do onto you.

Share not with your cousins, that which you would not have them share with you

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Tarik
Tarik's rule, that they are always correct.

The nature of philosophy is such, that correctness is usually elusive.

Tarik
Tarik
-->
@zedvictor4
Tarik's rule, that they are always correct.
When did I ever say this? If this is you trying to bait me because you have nothing else to stand on it’s pathetic, your a grown man (and even if you weren’t it’s still a petty tactic) it’s beneath you.

The nature of philosophy is such, that correctness is usually elusive.
That depends if not knowing is considered incorrect, and since nobody has infinite knowledge then I’ll do you one better, it’s beyond elusive, it’s fundamentally impossible (I guess you don’t have me figured out as you thought).

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Tarik
Good....Remember that.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Username
Is human sacrifice always acceptable to you?
like war?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Username
Not necessarily. 
please explain, from the victim's perspective, what the difference is.
Username
Username
-->
@3RU7AL
like war?
Sure, war can be human sacrifice. 
Username
Username
-->
@3RU7AL
Whether there's a difference depends on the nature of the robbery. If the robber is like shoplifting, then there may not be a difference. If the robber is like a hold-up, there could be a difference in the infliction of psychological harm. 

That is all immaterial though. The bigger problem is that if intention is completely sidestepped then we're going to start arresting rocks for falling on people and imprisoning hammers for smashing fingers. 
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Username
That is all immaterial though. The bigger problem is that if intention is completely sidestepped then we're going to start arresting rocks for falling on people and imprisoning hammers for smashing fingers. 
well, the good news is that throwing rocks in a cage for ten years does NOT increase their antisocial tendencies.

302 days later

sadolite
sadolite
Those who would punish you for murder couldn't even tell you why its wrong. Most people don't murder because of fear of punishment, not because they think its wrong. Murder can never be wrong in a civilization that adopts subjectivity as its primary philosophy to everything.  Nothing anyone does is ever wrong.  It kinds makes me laugh when people who subscribe to the subjective philosophy get upset if some one robs them, rapes them or kills one of their friends or family members. No one can do no wrong, what the fuck are you crying about?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@sadolite
Those who would punish you for murder couldn't even tell you why its wrong. Most people don't murder because of fear of punishment, not because they think its wrong. Murder can never be wrong in a civilization that adopts subjectivity as its primary philosophy to everything.  Nothing anyone does is ever wrong.  It kinds makes me laugh when people who subscribe to the subjective philosophy get upset if some one robs them, rapes them or kills one of their friends or family members. No one can do no wrong, what the fuck are you crying about?
what's even more hilarious is someone who thinks their own private ethics are the only "true" code of ethics

do you perhaps believe adulterers should be stoned to death ?
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@3RU7AL
Punishment and right and wrong are not the same thing.  History shows that civilizations can never last when everyone is allowed to believe what ever they do is not wrong or right but only subjective. Which brings me to the question of why are there laws and punishment? What fucking subjective philosophy following  asshole thought they could write a law to apply to all people  and better yet thought they could punish anyone forbreaking that law. Fuck you and the horse you rode in on to all the subjectivists in the world. I don't give a fuck what bothers you or hurts you or kills you.  Why should anyone? And what the fuck makes you think anyone should?  I can only imagine how many subjectivists demanded other people wear masks. Ya, fuck you and your masks. Who in the fuck are you to tell anyone anything? Who gives a shit weather you live or die?  Objectively speaking, you are just one less mouth to feed if you do die. Who cares why you die?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@sadolite
Punishment and right and wrong are not the same thing.
are they peripherally related in some way perhaps ?