CONTEXT!!!!!

Author: Stephen

Total: 160
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
 How many times is that theist claim the an atheist doesn't ever understand the "context" of a  biblical verse? 

The most recent accusation of the bible being "taken out of context can be found here #415  ethang5

"It is clear you don't know the story, and much less the context. But that is OK, you are like 99% of the atheists here".

According to  this 99% of atheist that have read and or studied the bible never ever are able to get the context.

Watch this 5 minute clip that sums up the ignorant buffoons that make this  uneducated ridiculous claim perfectly. 

Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@Stephen
Strawman. 

Utanity
Utanity
-->
@Stephen
 How many times is that theist claim the an atheist doesn't ever understand the "context" of a  biblical verse? 
You cant even write properly and it is you who doesnt understand context because you asked a real dumb question when you said paradise but it should have been heaven and even then i had to be polite and explain what eternity is like. He who lives in glass houses should not cast the first stone.
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
Here is an example of context.

Example #1
I love my mother, so for her birthday, I sent her on a vacation and while she was away, I decided I would paint her house blue. She had told me she loves that color. When she returned she was delighted in how her house looked. To see her joy was wonderful!

Example #2
Stefan is a terrible person. Every time we get a new employee he proceeds to paint me in a negative light. For some strange reason, he tries to color the new employees perception of me. When I confront him, he denies that is his intention.

Now look at the underlined words in each paragraph. Color and paint. Do the words mean the same thing in each?

Atheists, hoping to convict God, must pretend that words in the bible can have only one meaning, and that meaning doesn't come from context.

So if, "....proceeds to paint me in a negative light." was in the bible, an atheist like Stephen would insist that the bible says people are painted with light that is negative.

Usually context objections by atheists are so ridiculous, one doesn't need to spend much time refuting them, especially when the atheist knows he's being disingenuous and silly.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Utanity

You cant even write properly and it is you who doesnt understand context because you asked a real dumb question when you said paradise but it should have been heaven

I think you will find that it was actually JESUS! that said paradise.

"Jesus answered him, "Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise."Luke 23:43

If you don't like that version  try this one:

And Jesus said to him, “Assuredly, I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise.”Luke 23:43

But please keep trying, god loves a trier.

He who lives in glass houses should not cast the first stone.
 Well let me tell you something about that saying.  Anyone can throw as many stones at me as they like.  I am more than happy to have my own  defences and vulnerabilities  or "glass house" tested.  And  you won't hear me complaining the I am being "attacked" or mocked"  or  "victimised".

I believe it goes for the making of a better person. 

Utanity
Utanity
-->
@Stephen
You cant even write properly and it is you who doesnt understand context because you asked a real dumb question when you said paradise but it should have been heaven

I think you will find that it was actually JESUS! that said paradise.

But it is you that put what I said out of context because what you said that I said is what I said in another subject.
So it is you who does what you say others do which is really scumy.
Stephen
Stephen
You cant even write properly and it is you who doesnt understand context because you asked a real dumb question when you said paradise but it should have been heaven

I think you will find that it was actually JESUS! that said paradise.

I asked about what Jesus had clearly  said , and HE used the word "paradise" .  I asked then what? And what does on do? 

But it is you that put what I said out of context
Here , watch this cartoon about - "CONTEX!!!!!!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK7P7uZFf5o

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
With Soooooooo many versions of the bible, you'd think they would have a ( Tell like it is version ) 
Ask a million of the highest Christians. What does this verse mean , what does that verse mean. 
They give their answers and the scriptures are replaced with the top 3 responses with the corresponding numbers. 

Orrrrrrr.

At the back of the book  upside down on the second last page. The real meanings. 

If I was into the bible.  I'd rid alllllll the scripy scripts and fill in the proper meaning. 
People back in the days did this hey. And were killed for it.  ( but that's another post ) 

It appears to me that the Bible was written without the knowledge of the year 3748.   And thats horrible.  

It starts of with * Beliving in a god *   This gets boring after a while because God don't say shlt .
Then you decide what book you want ya god to speak. 
 Then ya joining the related religious group that gets ya the holy book to get your god up and chatting.

Then you simply plug in the god you believe in to the correct book and BAMMMMMMMMMM ya speaking with god.

And you know full well that no one is even half as good as you are at deciphering scriptures.  

I've gone to far again. 

IS ANY THEIST ON THIS SITE, NOT IN THE TOP 100 OF ALLLLLLL TIME AT SCRIPTURE TRANSLATING  ? 

Good game.

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
They day I heard that Jesus was in fact God , I went through my bible and replaced ALLLLLLL  the 500 and something words JESUS with GOD. 
Then I was told that that wouldn't work. 

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
They day I heard that Jesus was in fact God , I went through my bible and replaced ALLLLLLL  the 500 and something words JESUS with GOD. 
Then I was told that that wouldn't work. 

But did the CONTEX!!!!  change Deb?

Utanity
Utanity
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
IS ANY THEIST ON THIS SITE, NOT IN THE TOP 100 OF ALLLLLLL TIME AT SCRIPTURE TRANSLATING  ? 
Theists are dumb like atheists because they are not always true christians. They could be like hindu or jew or chinky religions. Im a true christian and I always say what is written in the bible because what is written there is true and I am being true. So you can ask me anything in the bible and I will always tell the truth because I am a true christian.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@Stephen
Whats This bible you get all your bible versus you quote from Stephan look like ?
Is it a actual real hard copy book bible ? 

The Bible's you can download on your Kindle,  e books and others , maybe they might not actually work right. Correctly  

This would be more likely the reason why you are currently  running at  ( 2 from 155* ) 
Thats 2 correct translations for 153 incorrect translation* then you being atheistic.

It's just a thought.

* According to the top theists on site. 

Utanity
Utanity
-->
@Stephen
 I asked about what Jesus had clearly  said , and HE used the word "paradise" .  I asked then what? And what does on do? 
But I respectfuly say it was you who was out of context because you put something I said from another subject and said that was out of context so what you really did was being not very honest. You were talking about something else but meaning it was about this. And the cartoon was real dumb and amature because it was just stick men talking in real low voices so it doesnt even count.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@Utanity
I'm guessing your in the (  TOP 10  ) 

Utan. Yes or No . ( Do you think you are currently  in the  Top 10,000 OF ALLLLLLL TIME at giving the meanings of said scriptures ? 

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Giving the correct meaning.
Utanity
Utanity
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Utan. Yes or No . ( Do you think you are currently  in the  Top 10,000 OF ALLLLLLL TIME at giving the meanings of said scriptures ? 
All time is eternity so it is impossible to say that. If you get a monkey in a room with a typerighter then it is going to type Romeo and Juliet and all the other books because there is no limit with eternity and if that monkey dies and doesnt type the books then another one will try and if that doesnt work out then eventully another monkey will do it. So it really makes you think what can happen.
Utanity
Utanity
-->
@ethang5
Stefan is a terrible person.
Your quite right there because what he did was take something out of context that I wrote and put it in another subject and said I wrote it there then said that paradise is heaven when its not because paradise is the garden of Eden and then he tried to context that because I said that the earth will last for eternity but he said that it will blow up but that was out of context anyway. Then I said he was dumb so he asked me if I could think of anything better because he said I always say dumb so I said he was dumber which was really funny.

36 days later

Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
Outside of the church and what we teach and believe, the bible is always taken out of context.
rosends
rosends
I haven't reviewed all the posts in this thread, but I believe that context is very important and that, too often, people snip a selection out of its context and try to impute meaning to it which would be clearly inappropriate were the text considered in its full context. What is important to note is that any text exists in a variety of contexts, all of which should be included in any discussion.
Utanity
Utanity
-->
@rosends
I haven't reviewed all the posts in this thread, but
In that case your being very one-sided and out of the context yourself so obviously your dont know what your talking about.
rosends
rosends
-->
@Utanity
If you have any particular objection to what I wrote, then please explain your position. I was responding to the concept as introduced in the original post. Do you feel that there was anything in the intervening posts which undercuts anything I posited?
Utanity
Utanity
-->
@rosends
Do you feel that there was anything in the intervening posts which undercuts anything I posited?
Yes of course otherwise why would I made the post like derr. So if your pulling out your head and read the other posts then your wouldnt be asking the dum question then so are you going to actually read the poosts and make a proper answer or are your going to keep ignoring them and make dum answers?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Utanity
In that case your being very one-sided and out of the context yourself so obviously your dont know what your talking about.

I notice Santa brought you a crash course in English grammar, Utanity. All very lucid, I must say.
Utanity
Utanity
-->
@Stephen
Do you feel that there was anything in the intervening posts which undercuts anything I posited?
so then the answer is yes you do ignore what others say
I haven't reviewed all the posts in this thread
because you haven't looked at them have you ans your also changed the subject what means what your trying to ignore more and hiding your guilt. Your not very intelligence are you?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Utanity
You have replied to the wrong poster you
Utanity
Utanity
-->
@Mopac
Outside of the church and what we teach and believe, the bible is always taken out of context.
Yes but only by peoples that arent true christians because true christians only use the true meaning because they are true to themselves and thaey are true to God.
Utanity
Utanity
-->
@Stephen
You have replied to the wrong poster you
That is not good because you must realise that only the true God can forgive your wrongs.
rosends
rosends
-->
@Utanity
as I was commenting on the original post, it seemed unnecessary to review all other branches. Now that I have, I see that nothing in my statement has changed. Now, knowing that my position, that context is vital, is the same, did you have a comment about what I actually stated?
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
Usually context objections by atheists are so ridiculous, one doesn't need to spend much time refuting them, especially when the atheist knows he's being disingenuous and silly.

And it seems no one took the OP very seriously. What a surprise.
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@Utanity
Orthodox Christianity is true Christianity.