CONTEXT!!!!!

Author: Stephen

Total: 160
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@Mopac
Orthodox Christianity is true Christianity.

What caused you to want to  become a  "orthodox" Christian, Mopac?
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@Stephen
Cooperation with the grace of God.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mopac
What caused you to want to  become a  "orthodox" Christian, Mopac?

Cooperation with the grace of God.

How?
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Stephen
Love.
Utanity
Utanity
-->
@rosends
as I was commenting on the original post, it seemed unnecessary to review all other branches.
That doesnt make sents because there was 17 posts to read and why would that be a reason to not read them, like derrr I did it because I did it like thats real logical not. So sea you learned the lesson because you repeated the argument what the ethong guy said and he would be saying what I said that 15 posts ago and everyone would be saying is this rosend guy the full glass? And then you said
Now that I have, I see that nothing in my statement has changed
Because what your should be doing is like apologise to the ethong guy four steeling his argument but now your saying you wont change what your wrote so you are now up to your neck in the sess pit with quicksand in it as well. And why would I have a comment on what your stated because I already did in # 3 6 11 13 16 17 so it looks like you didnt even read them because your wouldnt be asking
did you have a comment about what I actually stated?
Derr like what did you get kicked out of the oxford four. Just saying.
rosends
rosends
-->
@Utanity
When you have something related to what I wrote to contribute (and when you master English) then I'll be able to respond to you. If you wish to keep killing English and saying nothing of significance, you will do so only for your own edification.
Utanity
Utanity
-->
@Mopac
Orthodox Christianity is true Christianity.
Well your my man and you wouldnt get all these peoples here running around like chooks with their heads cut off argumenting what are nothing to do with true religion because there are no contexts in orthodox christianity per say. Did you know buy the way that their was a headless chook and his name was mike well he lived four 18 months without the head.
So what I am saying is that these chooks here are going to be argumenting four up to 18 months about the context and still they will get no where. But even then if they still had their heads on it wouldnt make to much difference because the chooks they have their brain in their neck. Now that puts it in the context.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Utanity
I am not sure what you are trying to say.
Utanity
Utanity
-->
@rosends
When you have something related to what I wrote to contribute (and when you master English) then I'll be able to respond to you.
Oh well arent we king ladeda sitting on the thrown in the clowds then. Wood your magisty get 1 of your servants to send me a application form to fill out when I have meated all of the conditions to reply to you. And like at the same time wood your magesty send some forms to the other 4 peoples here to humbly request that your going to consider their arguments or even read them befour making your most valued and humble opinion without saying the same as what they say. Just saying.
Utanity
Utanity
-->
@Mopac
I am not sure what you are trying to say.
That is probably what comes from in security. What I am saying is that if you stick to the orthodox christianity your having a lot less chance of the bible quoting out of the context. But those fools they run around quoting out of the context because they dont understand the true God.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Utanity
Don't forget to feed the Monkey, Mikey.
Wagyu
Debates: 9
Wagyu
-->
@Stephen
Do you not understand? Theists don't care. If they don't like it, they don't hear it. If theists were to slow down and listen , then there would be no more theists. 
Wagyu
Wagyu
-->
@ethang5
@Mopac
@Tradesecret
Since you three seem to be the most active advocates of theism and seem to all believe that the bible is taken out of context, could any one of you provide some context to the following? 

God himself will kill tens of thousands if it pleases him”
Samuel 6:19

“When a man sells his daughter as a slave, She will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are”
Peter 2:18

“Their little ones will be dashed to pieces before their eyes. Their houses will be looted, and their wives will be raped”.
Isaiah 13:19

“See now, I have two daughters who have not known a man; please, let me bring them out to you, and you may do to them as you wish; only do nothing to these men, since this is the reason they have come under the shadow of my roof.”
Genesis 19:8

"Happy the one who takes and dashes Your little ones against the rock!"
Psalm 137:9

"And as for your male and female slaves whom you may have — from the nations that are around you, from them you may buy male and female slaves"
Leviticus 25:444-45

"For everyone who curses his father or his mother shall surely be put to death. He has cursed his father or his mother. His blood shall be upon him"
Levitivus 20:9

"Then he went up from there to Bethel; and as he was going up the road, some youths came from the city and mocked him, and said to him, “Go up, you baldhead! Go up, you baldhead!” So he turned around and looked at them, and pronounced a curse on them in the name of the LORD. And two female bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the youths"
2 Kings 2:23

In the Old Testament, God murdered 203834 people, now compare that to Satan who killed 10.

Also, why is it always the "evil" verses which are "taken out of context". With you logic, I can say that all the "good" verses are taken out of context and that God is actually all evil?

Perhaps one of you three can provide some "context" to these versus. You should feel very privileged indeed! It's a time for you to prove us dumb atheists wrong. Let's see it. I'll be waiting. 
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Wagyu
Let me ask you something.

What do we Orthodox Christians teach and believe?

You have no idea. Therefore, it is you who won't sit down and listen. You don't even know what scripture is used for.

I'll help you out a little. We don't teach genocide. You have nothing to fear.

But please, don't lump me in with these fellows you mentioned. We do not share the same faith. To us, they are heterodox, not orthodox.

Wagyu
Wagyu
-->
@Mopac
Let me ask you something.
Excellent 

What do we Orthodox Christians teach and believe?
Easy peasy. Christians believe in one God that created heaven, earth and the universe. The belief in one God originated with the Jewish religion. Christians believe Jesus is the “Messiah” or saviour of the world. They also believe that he is the son of God.

You have no idea.
^^
Therefore, it is you who won't sit down and listen. You don't even know what scripture is used for.
No no. You're the big wise God guided man. I'll be very happy to go through how I am mistaken regarding the 9 sources I have provided. 

I'll help you out a little. We don't teach genocide. You have nothing to fear.
Hm very interesting. Why it seems very clear that God himself will kill tens of thousands if it pleases him” (Samuel 6:19). Perhaps you could evaluate. 

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Wagyu
Perhaps one of you three can provide some "context" to these versus.

Don't hold your breath.  You won't get explanation for those verses without them being re-written.

With you logic, I can say that all the "good" verses are taken out of context and that God is actually all evil?

Are there any good verses? I have asked theist here many times to start a thread  showing god in a good light rather than the vile and malicious light that I - not to mention the bible - always shows him in.. They have declined every single request. 

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mopac

@Wagyu wrote: Perhaps one of you three can provide some "context" to these versus. 

Mopac the Monk wrote: Let me ask you something.

Now there's a good start. When on the backfoot, respond with a question of your own.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Wagyu
Easy peasy. Christians believe in one God that created heaven, earth and the universe. The belief in one God originated with the Jewish religion. Christians believe Jesus is the “Messiah” or saviour of the world. They also believe that he is the son of God.
Yet, you don't know the God we worship. Nor does calling Jesus "the savior of the world" say anything meaningful about what we believe.

You still can't tell me what I believe, because you have dismissed it before coming to any real understanding of it.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Stephen

Now there's a good start. When on the backfoot, respond with a question of your own.
May the measure you use to judge be used to judge you.
Wagyu
Wagyu
-->
@Stephen

Don't hold your breath.  You won't get explanation for those verses without them being re-written.
I don't expect it. 

Are there any good verses?
I think there's limit to how much fiction can impact ones life. Personally, I think even the "best" part of Christian, eg. Heaven, are all deeply evil. Just think about heaven. No personality. No bad to contrast your good. A place where only believers are. Praying and worshiping god around the clock. Eh. I rather go to hell with Satan and all my atheist bros. 

Mopac
Mopac
Nobody accuses the ocean of murder when people drown in it. No one says lightning murders people.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mopac
Nobody accuses the ocean of murder when people drown in it. No one says lightning murders people.

Is that because god created the heavens the earth and the oceans? Not to mention that it is gods plan and god let it happen. 

Of course they don't "blame " the ocean.  What a ridiculous thing to say.
Wagyu
Wagyu
-->
@Mopac
Yet, you don't know the God we worship. Nor does calling Jesus "the savior of the world" say anything meaningful about what we believe.

You still can't tell me what I believe, because you have dismissed it before coming to any real understanding of it.
It is mildly frustrating that when you are confronted with the facts, you oil away without addressing the issue in hand. So since you are the big wise man, why don't you define what you believe. What I can say with certainty is that you believe the bible. With this information, I can conclude the following. 

P1. You believe in the bible 
P2. The bible depicts God having the ability to kill 10 000 people at his will. 
P3. God is the arbiter of truth and cannot be immoral
C1. Killing 10 000 people is not immoral

So please, instead of escaping the question, please provide context to the versus I have stated. I'm sure if I as an atheist stated that "love one another, As I have loved you, you must love one another", you won't be rushing in to say "You have no idea. Therefore, it is you who won't sit down and listen. You don't even know what scripture is used for"
It's interesting that if I bring out a "good" verse, you will have no complaints, but if I bring out the more confronting verses, I get insulted and called unintelligent. 

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Wagyu

I don't expect it. 

That is the best starting point you can wish for. 

You may get a little more response if you were to start a  thread of your own asking for context of those vile intolerant verses. 
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Wagyu
Your idea of what "believing the bible" means is polluted by protestant ideas such as "sola scriptura" and other nonsense. It would be of no benefit to discuss these things with you.

Besides that, because you have no discernment, you make judgements about me that is based on previous interactions with others. Others that would be considered heterodox even by us.

Instead of presuming to know, it would be better to say "I don't know", and be open to learning something.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Wagyu
With this information, I can conclude the following. 

P1. You believe in the bible 
P2. The bible depicts God having the ability to kill 10 000 people at his will. 
P3. God is the arbiter of truth and cannot be immoral
C1. Killing 10 000 people is not immoral

Your reasoning has nothing to do with what we believe or teach.

Wagyu
Wagyu
-->
@Mopac
Deflect, deny and hide. I will make this clear as day for you. Do you believe the bible yes or no. 
Wagyu
Wagyu
-->
@Stephen
Perhaps, but I've seen you start multiple threads with no success. I don't think there's a way to talk sense in these people. 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mopac
It would be of no benefit to discuss these things with you.

Too embarrassing are they?  I can understand how difficult it must be to defend the indefensible using logic, reason and or facts. 

Instead of presuming to know, it would be better to say "I don't know", and be open to learning something.

That is what these questions imply do they not. They imply not knowing and need "CONTEXT"  that you seem far too reluctant to supply.  
So take your time and take them one by one. 
here they are,

Since you three seem to be the most active advocates of theism and seem to all believe that the bible is taken out of context, could any one of you provide some context to the following? 

God himself will kill tens of thousands if it pleases him”

“When a man sells his daughter as a slave, She will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are”

“Their little ones will be dashed to pieces before their eyes. Their houses will be looted, and their wives will be raped”.

“See now, I have two daughters who have not known a man; please, let me bring them out to you, and you may do to them as you wish; only do nothing to these men, since this is the reason they have come under the shadow of my roof.”

"And as for your male and female slaves whom you may have — from the nations that are around you, from them you may buy male and female slaves"

"For everyone who curses his father or his mother shall surely be put to death. He has cursed his father or his mother. His blood shall be upon him"

"Then he went up from there to Bethel; and as he was going up the road, some youths came from the city and mocked him, and said to him, “Go up, you baldhead! Go up, you baldhead!” So he turned around and looked at them, and pronounced a curse on them in the name of the LORD. And two female bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the youths"

In the Old Testament, God murdered 203834 people, now compare that to Satan who killed 10.

Wagyu
Wagyu
-->
@Mopac
I 100 percent agree with you. I don't know. I don't know why 

God himself will kill tens of thousands if it pleases him”

“When a man sells his daughter as a slave, She will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are”

“Their little ones will be dashed to pieces before their eyes. Their houses will be looted, and their wives will be raped”.

"And as for your male and female slaves whom you may have — from the nations that are around you, from them you may buy male and female slaves"

In the Old Testament, God murdered 203834 people, now compare that to Satan who killed 10.

Please. I have done as you asked. I have, instead of presuming to know, admitted that I don't know.