Jesus Was Terrified Of What Was To Come.

Author: Stephen

Total: 37
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@Stephen
We hear the Son say tothe Father, "your will, not mine."
We do. We also herehim beg and plead while sweating blood in stark fear at his predicament  with his “father” to relieve him of this “cup”
Sure. He was human. That was normal. 

And you call it a"failure"?
I do.

God sent Him to die. God let Him die. But God "failed"? Lol. God succeeded in His plan. Buy a clue.

He was beggedand pleaded with by his only relieve him of the terrifying barbaric ordeal buthis father failed him. He ignored him totally as if he didn’t even exist.
Or like it was the plan all along?

Because no sane personwants to be beaten, flogged, and tortured for hours.
That doesn’t answerthe question you clown.
It does. Jesus wanted the cup taken away because no one wants the be tortured.

If he understood the OT prophecy as you say, then whydid he even bother begging to be a reprieve? Your story makes no sense whatsoever. 
He understood it, He did not want it. That is normal human nature. That you don't understand it only shows your poor understanding of human nature.
Oh, and He did notsweat blood. Read it slowly.
And you read thisverse slowly you clown.

Lol. When you get angry, your writing skill, already low, becomes atrocious.

And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as itwere great drops of blood falling down to the ground.
Luke 22:44. 

Biblical religious scholars <<<<<  that is someone who knows the scriptures much better than you ever will, -   have identified this condition as the rare hematohidrosis.
Lol. The same scholars you reject? The text says "as blood" meaning, "like blood". He did not sweat blood. Read it slowly.

It make perfect sense.

You say he understood the prophecy. Then heshouldn’t have been whinging and moaning and sweating blood in sheer stark fear if he knew thiswas his destiny all along.
Because you say so? You know nothing of human nature. The bible isn't senseless because you are clueless.

Learn your scriptures. they make no sense. 
I know scripture. That is how I know Jesus sweated as if He was bleeding, not that He sweated blood.

Scripture makes no sense only to you, because you have no sense. The story will continue to be considered one of the greatest ever told. You will continue being confused and clueless.

Lol. I feel sorry for you.
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
You say he understood the prophecy. Then he shouldn’t have been whinging and moaning and sweating blood in sheer stark fear if he knew this was his destiny all along. Learn your scriptures.

More than a thousand years earlier, it was predicted that Jesus would be betrayed, tortured, and crucified in the OT. 

Let us see your evidence for that statement, you clown. You are making yourself to look like a poor excuse of a defender of the faith.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@ethang5
So the Father tells us the cup is coming. The son tells us the cup is coming. We know the Son's purpose was to drink from this cup. We hear the Son say to the Father, "your will, not mine."
The story makes that claim and yet anyone available to record that statement ie the apostles, were asleep.Neither you nor anybody heard that. Your book is lies.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@ethang5
Because no sane person wants to be beaten, flogged, and tortured for hours.
It would make no difference to a god. Wake up.
Does that mean it wouldn't concern you?

disgusted
disgusted
How could a god be terrified by humans?
disgusted
disgusted
More than a thousand years earlier, it was predicted that Jesus would be betrayed, tortured, and crucified in the OT.
Prove it.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@disgusted
The story makes that claim and yet anyone available to record that statement ie the apostles, were asleep.Neither you nor anybody heard that. Your book is lies.

I agree and there was no one to record the conversation/ interrogation by Pilate of Jesus either. The scriptures make that very clear. But somehow a long conversation is recorded .

Then the Jewish leaders took Jesus from Caiaphas to the palace of the Roman governor. By now it was early morning, and to avoid ceremonial uncleanness they did not enter the palace, because they wanted to be able to eat the Passover. John :18 28