The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Mafia Endgame

Author: ILikePie5

Total: 66
SirAnonymous
Debates: 3
SirAnonymous
-->
@Speedrace
You're welcome. GP claimed tracker and Bear slipped that he had an investigative role. Lynching Intel in DP2 was an added bonus.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Speedrace
Also what would be the point in doing that lmao. Let town know we have a role that outted roles? Idk how that would've worked
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
-->
@Vader
Also what would be the point in doing that lmao. Let town know we have a role that outted roles? Idk how that would've worked
Nooo I thought you could talk after DP2 so after Sir died you could've just said all mafia died
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Speedrace
Gotchu
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
I will also say that DP4 was an entertaining read. Everyone sussed everyone else. It was hilarious from the perspective of a failed mafia.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Danielle
Luna explain to me why me voting for Intelligence at the start of the game (and saying nothing else about him nor voting him the day he was lynched) made me a "gut hunch scum read" cuz that was insanely dumb lol. Now I won't know how to read you in games going forward if you actually went on a dumb ass tangent about that. Great!
I explained it several times ya goof, read next time. That said, I wasn't in any way responsible for your death so I am not sure why this is relevant. 
Speedrace
Speedrace
I had no idea werewolf was actually on the role list waow. I knew seer had a completely different function lol but I was planning to just say the role was custom and since I knew the roles I could prove it
Ayyantu
Debates: 4
Ayyantu
If you followed my lead, town wins. A good example of why to follow behaviors, not role claims.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@Ayyantu
If you followed my lead, town wins. A good example of why to follow behaviors, not role claims.
I think a healthy mix of both is better but just my opinion
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@Ayyantu
You would've incorrectly lynched Croc lol
Speedrace
Speedrace
And Danielle for that matter
WaterPhoenix
Debates: 12
WaterPhoenix
but like why did you guys lynch ayyantu 
Ayyantu
Ayyantu
-->
@Speedrace
I repeatedly said to never lynch Water or Luna, and to lynch Croc/Speed.
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@Ayyantu
You almost definitely would've been lynched after Croc
Ayyantu
Ayyantu
-->
@Speedrace
That's a hypothetical, Speed. If town followed my lead, town would have won. This is not disputable because I expressly said that lynching Croc/Speed was the winning play. 
That1User
Debates: 12
That1User
I didn't really have a chance this game, got role nullified by Intel and killed the night after, gg Speed surprised you survived that long.
Crocodile
Debates: 22
Crocodile
gg
Ayyantu you wouldn't have lynched speed if i flipped town, we all know.
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@Lunatic
Water said in DP1 that "someone on the Intel wagon was scum" and apparently that was enough evidence for people to go along with it cuz it was brought up several times with no good reason. The wagon didn't go anywhere and GP only pushed people to vote for Intel because everyone was refusing to cast a vote on the first day phase until the very end. That's why I decided not to participate much in DP1 anymore. The people on the Intel wagon were GP, myself and Bearman - none of which were scum lol. So let's look at your reasoning why my vote on Intel was apparently scummy: 

"Your reasons for voting intelligence aren't what was relevant here. The supa wagon happened very fast an unexpectantly near the end of the phase, scum very likely were not expecting that. I know you weren't active near the end of the phase, but what does that give us to town confirm or help your case? At least sir and speed went on supa wagon near the end (even though I appropriately called out that was an incredibly optimal time to bus, especially after the horrible claim)."

#1 you admitted I wasn't active near the end of the DP, so your point about me not voting for Supa was irrelevant by your own admission - especially since I  was the one who started saying Supa was playing iffy which I brought up multiple times. #2 you admitted that Sir and Speed choosing to lynch Supa didn't prove anything and was therefore also irrelevant in POE against me. So you argued against your own reasons because you knew they were really bad. Just saying! 

Danielle
Danielle
-->
@SirAnonymous
Everyone was so busy looking for scum that they didn't stop to consider a third party.

Lol that is false. I brought up a TP multiple times and in fact Luna got annoyed because I said it could be him (I said it could be anyone in my town pile cuz they were probs playing pro town and I was right - Speed played pro town all game insofar as day phase scum hunting).  It was pretty apparent there was a TP after you kept talking as if the mafia had lost at the end of the day phase. I actually felt bad for the mod, thinking "this is why people aren't supposed to talk" because you were giving things away. For instance even if the last scum were mafia, you made it pretty obvious it wasn't myself or Luna based on some things you said. And I also suspected the mafia only had two people based on Supa's post in another thread about town winning a lot lately (i.e. the mafia had a good shot at losing, i.e. 2 people). 
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@ILikePie5
What is your opinion in terms of balance? This was my first TP game so looking for advice/criticisms

At quick glance of the game, the balance looks good! I personally don't love third parties but I could see how some are fun. I think I was just being bitter lol Speed's win seems legit in hindsight. He could have been found by the Cop or Tracker I guess. But as far as game play there's really no way for town to figure out who TP is through behavior. You usually need investigative roles of some kind which we lost which was just bad luck... although I dislike Greyparrot's play style but that's another story. 

I think two things would have gotten me to lynch Speed though had I made it to the end game, but there's no way to be sure, so I won't pretend I am: 

#1 his role claim just cuz it sounded more third party-ish than the others (I was actually worried that mine sounded TP as well) and #2 he was obviously trying to get me penalized for deleting a post, which reeked anti-town. It was actually very hard for me not to omgus him from that just because I was like why tf is he trying so hard to get me to repeatedly admit I deleted something? I was very honest about it because I felt bad as I do believe in game integrity. To me that push suggested Speed wanted me out of the game or wanted me penalized in some way, and since I was playing pretty town IMO it gave me bad vibes. I'm surprised he kept posting that openly in the DP and not just to you in private. For the record, I truly had no idea it was against the rules and did re-post the exact post I had made.  I wasn't hiding anything but now I know for next time :) 
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@Lunatic
Also on DP3 SirAnon was pretty much found guilty, and I was the one pushing for SirAnon to claim the previous day phase by pointing out his positions were all frustratingly neutral. In fact I was voting for SirAnon, NOT INTEL, the day Intel was lynched. Ergo I was going after Supa and SirAnon in the game but somehow my very first vote/post of the game made me scum? Lol it just made no darn sense. 

Sorry I couldn't edit my last post but I just remembered this :P 
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@Speedrace
I think I would have lynched Water tbh 
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@Danielle
Cool, thanks!

And ya I was pretty unclear about the whole deleting the posts thing, so I decided to just give a warning
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@Danielle
2 he was obviously trying to get me penalized for deleting a post, which reeked anti-town
sorry lol you didn't respond the first time and I was like what if she's actually mafia. I was trying my hardest to get mafia lynched while they were killing townies
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Danielle
Water said in DP1 that "someone on the Intel wagon was scum" and apparently that was enough evidence for people to go along with it cuz it was brought up several times with no good reason. The wagon didn't go anywhere and GP only pushed people to vote for Intel because everyone was refusing to cast a vote on the first day phase until the very end. That's why I decided not to participate much in DP1 anymore. The people on the Intel wagon were GP, myself and Bearman - none of which were scum lol. So let's look at your reasoning why my vote on Intel was apparently scummy: 

"Your reasons for voting intelligence aren't what was relevant here. The supa wagon happened very fast an unexpectantly near the end of the phase, scum very likely were not expecting that. I know you weren't active near the end of the phase, but what does that give us to town confirm or help your case? At least sir and speed went on supa wagon near the end (even though I appropriately called out that was an incredibly optimal time to bus, especially after the horrible claim)."

#1 you admitted I wasn't active near the end of the DP, so your point about me not voting for Supa was irrelevant by your own admission - especially since I  was the one who started saying Supa was playing iffy which I brought up multiple times. #2 you admitted that Sir and Speed choosing to lynch Supa didn't prove anything and was therefore also irrelevant in POE against me. So you argued against your own reasons because you knew they were really bad. Just saying! 

You are acting as if I had you down as 100% scum and was unwilling to back off you for any reason, I just don't understand where you are getting that from. I didn't have any reason to town read you at this point, you were unclaimed, and the surprise scum lynch dp1 didn't vindicate you. You having left your vote on sir anonymous and going inactive before it ended means nothing. You had a short back and forth with him and even admitted your read on him wasn't strong. You are expecting me to town clear you on that? 

I never said my reasoning for voting you was flawless though, and part of my reason for voting you was to see how you would react, and your reaction was very scummy, regardless if you were town, so that didn't help. But if you had claimed or made certain arguments that you are making after the fact now, I can't say I wouldn't have unvoted. Just because I vote somewhere doesn't mean it is permanent. You are acting as if I was tunnel vision on you or something. I literally voted sir the second the discrepancy was found with his claim, and even told you that we were likely both town and arguing for nothing at that point. 

I really don't understand why you were that offended over the vote lol. I even helped mislynch ayyantu the next phase, you were never even close to being mislynched.
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@Speedrace
Yes I did answer you lol I  said "this is the post I made" and then c/p it cuz I had it saved in my email drafts. 
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Danielle
Also on DP3 SirAnon was pretty much found guilty, and I was the one pushing for SirAnon to claim the previous day phase by pointing out his positions were all frustratingly neutral. In fact I was voting for SirAnon, NOT INTEL, the day Intel was lynched. Ergo I was going after Supa and SirAnon in the game but somehow my very first vote/post of the game made me scum? Lol it just made no darn sense. 

Sorry I couldn't edit my last post but I just remembered this :P 

Sir was definitely in my top scum reads, but he was NOT "pretty much found guilty" lol like what
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@Lunatic
I'm not offended - just frustrated that defending myself against poor logic reads scummy.  I completely agree you had no reason to town read me at all,  but you had no reason to scum read me either. I think the more pro town thing to do would be to question me instead of accuse me when you had little to nothing to go on.  I could see an accusation being a reaction test, but you know I'm gonna be annoyed by bad reasoning so that's not a scum tell for me :P 

When you said I was scummy it made Croc automatically agree with you, saying I was "next" without even asking for my claim which was just annoying. He even admitted he had no reason and just went along with it because you said so, so you can't just say things like that in passing and expect no reaction. People listen to you.

If you look at how I play (and Magic even more so than me) we are hesitant to assert  things unless we're pretty confident. I think it's just a difference in play style where I take assertive statements more seriously. When Croc said I was "next" it seemed like ya'll had both made a premature decision. I was kinda glad though cuz I figured scum would keep me alive if you sussed me, so I was actually pretty happy about it. And I was right - Speed wasn't gonna kill me! Damn it, Croc. 
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@Lunatic
Sir was definitely in my top scum reads, but he was NOT "pretty much found guilty" lol like what

Yes, he was pretty much found guilty per that1user's flip on DP3. As soon as he was obv guilty the scum read on me should have dropped. 
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Danielle
I'm not offended - just frustrated that defending myself against poor logic reads scummy.  I completely agree you had no reason to town read me at all,  but you had no reason to scum read me either. I think the more pro town thing to do would be to question me instead of accuse me when you had little to nothing to go on.  I could see an accusation being a reaction test, but you know I'm gonna be annoyed by bad reasoning so that's not a scum tell for me :P 
I did have reason to scum read you; You weren't on scums lynch dp1 and could easily use the inactive excuse to do it; Also you were alive in like dp3, which is also pretty unusual for town danielle. As far as "bad reasoning" goes, I find it ironic that you say that, as you also seem to be one of the few who admits that logic is usually bad dp1 or in places where town doesn't have a clear direction. We didn't have any results at that point, so I was trying to create a behavioral read with you.

When you said I was scummy it made Croc automatically agree with you, saying I was "next" without even asking for my claim which was just annoying. He even admitted he had no reason and just went along with it because you said so, so you can't just say things like that in passing and expect no reaction. People listen to you.
I don't support people bandwagoning without good reason, but it didn't really matter much at that point since we were gonna lynch sir. I am also not sure that he was just bandwagoning me there, it could have been his own read. I thought the game was over anyway at that point (usually would have been but speed had a weird win con). His redirect on you was dumb, especially since sir thought the game was over and cleared both of us with his rolecop results, but I don't claim responsibility for his redirect in the slightest.

If you look at how I play (and Magic even more so than me) we are hesitant to assert  things unless we're pretty confident. I think it's just a difference in play style where I take assertive statements more seriously. When Croc said I was "next" it seemed like ya'll had both made a premature decision. I was kinda glad though cuz I figured scum would keep me alive if you sussed me, so I was actually pretty happy about it. And I was right - Speed wasn't gonna kill me! Damn it, Croc. 
I feel the same way when I am being scum read as town, it's frustrating but it ensures longevity.