Author: secularmerlin

Total: 217
disgusted
Debates: 0
disgusted
-->
@ethang5
Genesis 1
25 And God made the beasts of the earth after their kind, and the cattle after their kind, and everything that creepeth upon the ground after its kind: and God saw that it was good. 26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness
Genesis 2
18 And Jehovah God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a help [d]meet for him. 19 And out of the ground Jehovah God formed every beast of the field, and every bird of the heavens; and brought them unto the man to see what he would call them: and whatsoever the man called every living creature,
Shitt you're dumb.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
There is a lack of consensus about his existence much less his alleged death.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@disgusted
Shitt you're dumb.
I reject this claim in reference to the poster you are leveling it at. I do not believe you can demonstrate it conclusively on this medium.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@secularmerlin
I have and so have you.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@disgusted
No we have not. Even presuming that we could be certain of our claim regarding genesis (which is quite impossible given the number of translations and rewrites the account has undergone) being right or wrong on a single point is not an adequate indicator of intellect.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@secularmerlin
A persons inability to recognise an obvious contradiction between two passages in the same story is evidence of  a severe lack of intellect.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@disgusted
Not necessarily. It could just as easily indicator of the brain interpreting a challenge to ones firmly held beliefs in the same way it interpreted physical attack (massivesci.com/articles/brain-political-beliefs-reaction-politics/ ). Also beliefs are not a choice ethang5 is literally incapable of changing his beliefs without what he would consider an adequate reason.