over reach or tyranny?

Author: TheDredPriateRoberts

Total: 64
TheDredPriateRoberts
Debates: 0
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@FLRW
most like to occur, aka random event =/= an active, guaranteed, intentional event.  Since you bring God into it, what authority does man have equal to or over God, since you brought it up.
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@AddledBrain
In both cases, my friend, the child is the innocent victim. There are options in both cases. Some are hard, and they are supposed to be hard. No one said this should be easy. Yes, I have compassion for the unadopted. I have, in fact, participated in that effort, so I know of what I speak. You?
AddledBrain
Debates: 0
AddledBrain
-->
@fauxlaw
I have, in fact, participated in that effort.... You?

Of course.   My wife and I do what we can.  We are caring people.

drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
CDC director Robert Redfield said they do not recommend closing schools days after reports of CDC removing guidance pushing for reopenings
So he does. But this statement came 2 days AFTER the NYC decided to shut its schools. Are you suggesting that the NYC is required to act based on future statements of the CDC?

Regardless of the director's comments, the CDC - as an organization - maintains an entire section of its web page regarding the status of schools:

Upon which the recommendation is a tad more complex than "open all the schools." Specifically, the current, CDC stance on school openings is:

"Schools should determine, in collaboration with state and local health officials to the extent possible, whether and how to implement each of these considerations while adjusting to meet the unique needs and circumstances of the local community."

And the CDC specifically notes that its guidelines supplement (not supercede or overrule) local considerations.

I'm just wondering which health expert and or scientist determined the school closing outweighed the negatives of closing.  Or do governors, mayors etc know all this because they are so well informed and knowledgeable? 
Questions I'm sure you researched and answered to arrive at your conclusion that they did so without any CDC or scientific recommendations. So my question to you is to elaborate on your research into the matter. How did you determine how these decisions were made and what factors were and were not considered?

from what I've read there are a multitude of mitigation policy and procedures.  Where all of those implemented and exhausted leaving closing the only real option?  Seems that is a last resort kind of option.  I'm just asking, rather than accepting these things like some sheeple do.
No, you aren't asking. You are drawing conclusions and making judgements:

"NYC closes school w/o any cdc or science recommendations (remember believe the science/scientist?)"

So we can dispense with the feigned "I'm just an innocent American citizen asking questions" routine. You've made a positive assertion and I'm asking you where you got your data from. How did you arrive at your conclusion?