What do you wanna chat about?

Author: Theweakeredge

Total: 12
Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
What are some things you want to chat about but never seem to be able to? Maybe its not something big enough to fit into one topic? That's all right, you can do that here.
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
How's life irl folks? What do you all do for work?  If you're in college or high school, what do you wanna do for work eventually? 
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@MisterChris
Busy, my Dual Credit classes are being painful, any advice for water potential in biology? High School as I've talked about, and some sort of combination between a philosopher and psychologist.
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@Theweakeredge
Water potential is really just a matter of learning the damned formula and the even more damned constant....

But once you learn those things, if you truly understand the concept, it should become fairly easy. I think Whiteflame would be the best person to ask about it though. 

Anyway, that's interesting... If I were you, I'd elect for psychologist. But if you wanna do that, keep in mind the market is so oversaturated you'd need a doctorate to stand out. It says something though, that even the market being as oversaturated with psychology majors as it is, it's still a better deal than a philosophy major
Sum1hugme
Debates: 37
Sum1hugme
-->
@Theweakeredge
MACVSOG and ethics. Also, how do you convince someone whos conflict averse, but becoming dangerously ideologically extreme, that they need to tone it back a little?
Sum1hugme
Sum1hugme
-->
@MisterChris
Life has been an above average plateau of pleasantry with the occasional revine for me to tumble blindly into; wbu?
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@Sum1hugme
Yeah that about sums it up for me as well. Quarantine bothered me for a bit but I'm fairly content these days. 
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@Sum1hugme
Honestly, the best way I've found isn't to debate, not at all. Usually, I've found that these people need correction, and if close to criminal behavior because of an extreme ideology, street epistemology, and the Socratic method. De-radicalization is a dangerous dangerous thing that can very easily backfire and should be left to either professionals, people very close to them, or former radicals themselves, otherwise, the attempt may push them further into that toxic belief system.
Sum1hugme
Sum1hugme
-->
@Theweakeredge
Well that's pretty gay. Socratic method has worked somewhat, but honestly they just retreat into circular reasoning.
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@Sum1hugme
Hmm gay? I'm not sure what you mean
Sum1hugme
Sum1hugme
-->
@Theweakeredge
Lol, I was just poking fun at ya because I knew you'd comment on that.
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@Sum1hugme
Fair enough, lol