MCU Tools Mafia - DP1

Author: Speedrace

Read-only
Total: 485
Crocodile
Debates: 22
Crocodile
OOPS I WAS PUTTING THAT IN MY DISC OH NO!!!!!
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
unvote vtl drafter
Crocodile
Crocodile
Popcorn Mass character claim? 

With no theme difference I don't see why not. Lock scum into their character and when pressured later they are gonna have to adjust their justification for whatever they claimed. Pretty much go down the list and hit everyone but Supa, grey and whiteflame.

I'll start: I am Gungnir.

I vote mikal for next popcorn.

eh don't really see what's the benefit of this but sure i guess
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
I'm Gjallerhorn fyi if that helps
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
Vote Count

Elminster - WaterPhoenix (1/6)
Drafterman - ILikePie5, Lunatic (2/6)
Lunatic - Greyparrot (1/6)
ILikePie5 -  whiteflame (1/6)

Lunatic
Lunatic
Drafterlist

Role claim

GreyParrot- Iron mans' suit
Supadudz- Gjallerhorn- Innocent Child

Character claim

Whiteflame- Infinity Gauntlet
Lunatic- Gungnir
ILikePie5- Nick Furys' Pager

Unclaimed

Danielle
Crocodile
Elminster
WaterPhoenix
warren42
drafterman

Elminster
Debates: 0
Elminster
Role claim

GreyParrot- Iron mans' suit - Bullet Proof
Supadudz- Gjallerhorn- Innocent Child

Character claim

Whiteflame- Infinity Gauntlet
Lunatic- Gungnir
ILikePie5- Nick Furys' Pager
Elminster - Stormbreaker

Unclaimed

Danielle
Crocodile
WaterPhoenix
warren42
drafterman

whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
Unvote
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Crocodile
eh don't really see what's the benefit of this but sure i guess
I explained the benefit. Lock scum into a character so when they inevitably are forced to role claim later they will be stuck making a justification for a role with whatever they were forced to claim dp1. If the justification doesn't line up or make sense we know they are likely scum. They don't know what roles are safe to claim yet, so this can only screw them over. 

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Lunatic
What if I lied about my role like last game?
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Greyparrot
What if I lied about my role like last game?
If you are town, probably did it for a good reason.

If you act scummy we will have to question it I guess.
Crocodile
Crocodile
-->
@Lunatic
I don't really get the themeless stuff, so does it mean our characters relate to our roles?

i never really understood theme specifics. 
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
Sorry. Game started at a bad time for me. I don't agree with popcorn claim, so I pass.
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
Point of popcorn claim is to prevent mafia from stalling on claims so they can come up with a viable fake claim. Mafia doesn't need to fake claim here so popcorn claim is pointless.

In any event, I'm not claiming. Lynch me or move on. I'll post more tomorrow.

Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Crocodile
I don't really get the themeless stuff, so does it mean our characters relate to our roles?

i never really understood theme specifics. 

Role relate to characters but there is no theme distinction like good vs evil items etc. Like if someone is thanos gauntlet, it doesn't mean they are scum for example even though Thanos is an antagonist.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@drafterman
Point of popcorn claim is to prevent mafia from stalling on claims so they can come up with a viable fake claim. Mafia doesn't need to fake claim here so popcorn claim is pointless.

That can be one point of popcorn claiming, but that isn't the only reason to mass claim. And it worked in your quickfire game when I caught pie, remember? 

In any event, I'm not claiming. Lynch me or move on. I'll post more tomorrow.

Another reason for doing it is to generate activity, if you aren't to comply with the popcorn mass claim, do you have another idea to get the game going and activity sparked?
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@drafterman
The lack of an obvious villain character is irrelevant. If someone has a role that makes sense for godfather, or ninja, they have to warp that justification to make sense with whatever town role they are going to fake claim. We are basically forcing mafia to get thwir role claim ready now so they can layer justify it. Dp1 is a pivotal time to do that since there isnt much information about roles. Whatever they set themselves up with now is more likely to be CC'ed or not align with their fake role claim later.

I am not gonna advocate a policy lynch for non compliance with the mass claim, but people who did claim early and have roles that makes sense will earn more town cred then those who do not comply.
Lunatic
Lunatic
Drafter views this game through such a different lens that I doubt discussion on this will productive. I come to expect him to be contrarian to any ideas I have about the game. That's not a dig either, it's factually consistent throughout most games ive played with him and we are often town together when it happens.

That said I hold to the value of the pop corn claim and if people dont want to comply I understand. I will adjust my read fairly based on context of claim combined with behavior.
Crocodile
Crocodile
-->
@Lunatic
ohhh so we can still pressure scum based on characters no matter what the theme split is
makes sense to do a popcorn char claim then
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Crocodile
Yeah exactly otherwise we basically treat this game as themeless
WaterPhoenix
Debates: 12
WaterPhoenix
i'm ok with popcorning, especially if mafia hasn't been given fake claims it seems like a good idea.
Vader
Vader
Catching up
Vader
Vader
Why are we popcorning? What purpose does it server with no theme split? Bit odd to me
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Vader
Ive explained it 3 times literally just read bro. Its only 4 fvcking pages. Youve gotten so lazy
Lunatic
Lunatic
If you disagree with my reasoning thats one thing. Respond to it with why you disagree lol. But how the fvck you gonna ask why when it is obviously explained. You just skim and see the word "massclaim" and post before reading anything else?

Lunatic
Lunatic
Whats more frustrating is that no one wants to be the one to generate activity but they will be the first to jump in and be contrarian and then dip. Fvck let someone else take over then or lets have an inactive day phase if thats what you want.
Elminster
Elminster
Going to take a different stance than I normally do on this, @ Luna. I think we should just outright lynch people that arent contributing

Or at least let that be the target for the dp, worst case it forces them to out their role. But it gives us something to go off of. Not saying we need to lynch them outright but we need pressure on people who are less likely to post

vtl croc 
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Elminster
That would be warren and danielle. Both will post as soon as they know the game exists, but both are also known to miss most of a day phase because they aren't thinking about the game. Croc will post but whether it will be useful or not depends on his mood or not. He was actually semi helpful in pie's game. Supa's general contribution and activity has just gone down the toilet, but we know he's town so that's not really an option.

Popcorn mass claiming would have solved some of the issue with getting danielle and warren to claim but apparently round these parts people treat the word "Massclaim" like it's the worst word in the world.

Elminster
Elminster
-->
@Lunatic
When warren and danielle see it, they will participate and it will be quality even if limited somewhat. Croc I feel will be a limited poster and also post hardly no takes on the game. Supa is supa

but I think croc is a really good focus instead of just letting inactivity slide on top of just fluff
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
Vote Count

Elminster - WaterPhoenix (1/6)
Drafterman - ILikePie5, Lunatic (2/6)
Lunatic - Greyparrot (1/6)
Crocodile - Elminster (1/6)