Debates: 22
Crocodile
I haven't watched kono suba
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
-->
@Crocodile
the only reason i'm a waifu is cuz supa thinks aqua is hot.

I meeaaaaannn....

gettin toasty in here
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
As I largely agree with what Danielle posted in #384, and as I'm tired of sitting on the fence about it, I'll just go with the gut response I had to this whole thing to begin with: 

VTL Speed

As far as I'm concerned, if he'd rather be lynched than even partially claim, then I think it may just be best to lynch him. Like Danielle, I think he's some kind of TP, but if it's not a Mime or Jester, then I am sincerely having trouble understanding what his aim was in responding to Mikal as he did. I don't doubt that he was actually flustered by it, but I'm very unused to seeing Speed play this way, and I have my reservations about why he is doing this. I don't think he's scum, but his unwillingness to claim on the basis of principle alone is weak at best, especially when both Danielle and I are challenging him largely on the basis of his response to Mikal's accusations rather than the merit of the accusations themselves. Speed justified some of his response, but I still feel that there's too much that doesn't make good sense to me, and now that I've had some space to consider it, I think a push to at least partially claim is entirely justified.

If Speed wants to ride his principles to a lynch simply because he refuses to look weak to these accusations, I guess that's his choice, but it doesn't make a lot of sense to me for someone who is town. It doesn't make great sense for scum, either, but given that we're dealing with a broad category, I can imagine that he might struggle to come up with a waifu that wouldn't get CC'd. Making a truthful character claim to allay suspicion may also be dangerous, particularly if the waifu he's received is a yandere like Yuno Gasai from Future Diary (I suspect at least one yandere is scum). If he's a TP, then I suspect he might run into similar problems as he would if he's scum.

So, I can understand not wanting to out your role if you're town, but I have a much harder time understanding why you would want to avoid a character claim unless that character is so intrinsically tied to a role that you can't claim without revealing it. If that's the case, I would have expected to see some hints of it coming through in Speed's responses. I have not, so that's where I stand.

As for lynching Croc or getting a newbie to claim, I'm still willing to consider that should Speed partially claim.

Stepping away for a while, might be a few hours.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Vote Count

Speedrace [3/7] iLikePie5, Danielle, whiteflame
VTNL [1/7] Lunatic
Coreyinthehouse [2/7] Speedrace, That1User

whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Crocodile
As a fan of Konosuba, I do buy this claim.
Danielle
Debates: 3
Danielle
-->
@Speedrace
So what do you expect me to do? Cowtow to Mikal?

No but I expect you to claim when a sufficient wagon builds. That's how you play the game. If people wanted to listen to Mikal  that's their prerogative just like right now you want everyone to listen to you.

On DP1 99% of the time the first person that gets pressured is pressured for a bullshit reason or something that would never fly at any other point. We're always grasping at straws. Why the fuck do I have to explain this every DP1. This is why I'm not even going to post on DP1 anymore.

Why should we give you a pass for Mikal's nonsense reason when nobody else gets a pass for refusing to claim DP1 despite whatever nonsense reason we give them?  And it IS always nonsense. Like I said if everyone's just gonna play like a child and throw the game then fine. I will not claim in this game. Don't bother voting for me or vote just to lynch. 

BBL if I feel like it. 
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
-->
@whiteflame
If your only concern is that I got a Yandere character then I'll claim my character, but I refuse to claim my role
Speedrace
Speedrace
My character isn't related to my role
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@Danielle
On DP1 99% of the time the first person that gets pressured is pressured for a bullshit reason or something that would never fly at any other point.
That's not true

Why should we give you a pass for Mikal's nonsense reason when nobody else gets a pass for refusing to claim DP1 despite whatever nonsense reason we give them?
We don't ask people to claim DP1 for stupid reasons
WaterPhoenix
Debates: 12
WaterPhoenix
-->
@Crocodile
what don't tell me supa actually made aqua hated she's my waifu god damn it.
WaterPhoenix
WaterPhoenix
-->
@whiteflame
ok, i see but i don't think dp1 lynching a very heavily lean town person is a very good idea.
WaterPhoenix
WaterPhoenix
-->
@Speedrace
If your only concern is that I got a Yandere character then I'll claim my character, but I refuse to claim my role
this is interesting please claim your character

Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@WaterPhoenix
Lucy Heartfilia
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@Speedrace
To be clear I would not be voting for you had you not refused to claim. I don't even think you hit the # of votes yet to where you should have to claim which would be about 4 or 5 for a player of your stature. But I refuse to let this become a precedent where people refuse to claim. It irritates me to no end and if the new standard is everyone just doing whatever they want and not gaf then ok I guess it is what it is. 

And yes a lot of the reasons we give for voting players DP1 is stupid depending on who's playing. Last game doesn't count cuz of GP's fuckery, but in MCU I just looked and GP started the day phase off by voting for because "you're always scum." That's arguably a stupid reason. If you want to say it isn't because well you're just so good as scum why not start with you, then what exactly is your reason for not claiming now? We know Mikal's town so he believed what he said. 

You still haven't responded to what I said about Croc. 
WaterPhoenix
WaterPhoenix
-->
@Speedrace
huh, well if you're looking at it from a good vs. bad angle there's absolutely no way lucy is mafia.
Vader
Vader
There are roughly 26 hours remaining in the Day Phase
Vader
Vader
Vote Count

Speedrace [3/7] iLikePie5, Danielle, whiteflame
VTNL [1/7] Lunatic

Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@Danielle
To be clear I would not be voting for you had you not refused to claim.
I'd be claiming if it wasn't about Discord

And yes a lot of the reasons we give for voting players DP1 is stupid depending on who's playing. Last game doesn't count cuz of GP's fuckery, but in MCU I just looked and GP started the day phase off by voting for because "you're always scum."
I was literally the mod, that was a joke vote LOL

And besides that fact, no one has ever claimed for one of those stupid reasons. People vote for them, sure, but no one claims for those reasons

It irritates me to no end and if the new standard is everyone just doing whatever they want and not gaf then ok I guess it is what it is. 
It irritates me to no end that you think voting someone for maybe possibly kind of seeing them on Discord is ok, that's not a standard I want to play by

Re: Croc, I don't want to lynch him cuz he claimed Hated Townie. I actually forgot that it was him who claimed that. I just don't like that he knew Mikal was town. There was no way to know that and Croc isn't some magically gifted or present Mafia player to have known that. 
Ok? Not sure why you wanted me to respond to this because it has nothing to do with me, I never claimed that you wanted to lynch him because he's hated
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@Speedrace
It irritates me to no end that you think voting someone for maybe possibly kind of seeing them on Discord is ok, that's not a standard I want to play by

Again I'm voting for you because you said you'd be lynched before you claim. That is not pro town.

You can argue that the Discord logic is stupid (and I'd 100% agree because Mikal apparently thinks I'm on Discord/Facebook all the time when I'm literally never on) but the fact that you think this is suddenly outrageous when it comes up time and again and we constantly defer to the Discord stuff is suspect. 

Lol @ me not remembering you were mod of that game (@mafia notice I don't pay attention... ) but you know what I mean when I say we give shit reasons for lynching DP1. I'm not gonna repeat myself because I know you know exactly what I'm talking about. If there's a game with all relatively experienced players, we're going to come up with some random or arguably unfair reason to start with them. The next vote I believe was Pie voting for whiteflame saying "I won't let you get away with not claiming again." So it's a legitimate reason to vote for someone because they've fooled you in a past game? By that logic you should be voted for first every single time. 

Anyway re: Croc you said you weren't going to lynch him cuz you didn't wanna make him feel unwelcome. I'm curious why you think Croc was so sure Mikal was being truthful.

Not sure I'm gonna post much more this DP, but if a wagon builds on Croc or one of the three noobs I might hop on if I pop online tonight or tomorrow AM since we still have time.  
Danielle
Danielle
I'm also down for lynching Speed if he gets 4/5+ votes and refuses to claim in case that wasn't obvious. I just can't see people going against him, so. Ya'll make your peace with that and I'll check back later to see what we're doing. 
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@Danielle
Again I'm voting for you because you said you'd be lynched before you claim. That is not pro town.
I won't claim because Mikal falsely claims to see me on Discord. I'd claim in pretty much any other situation

You can argue that the Discord logic is stupid (and I'd 100% agree because Mikal apparently thinks I'm on Discord/Facebook all the time when I'm literally never on) but the fact that you think this is suddenly outrageous when it comes up time and again and we constantly defer to the Discord stuff is suspect. 
We've never lynched or voted someone for Discord stuff

I'm not gonna repeat myself because I know you know exactly what I'm talking about. If there's a game with all relatively experienced players, we're going to come up with some random or arguably unfair reason to start with them.
It hasn't happened before, 99% of the time, the pressure to claim is logical

Croc you said you weren't going to lynch him cuz you didn't wanna make him feel unwelcome. I'm curious why you think Croc was so sure Mikal was being truthful.
Because he always does that as town
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Speedrace
Haven’t read most of the posts up to this, but I see the character claim. I’ll hold to my promise. 

Unvote

I buy the claim because Lucy is a very obvious choice for characters to include in this. That would change for one and only one reason: anyone got Erza Scarlet?
whiteflame
whiteflame
Will catch up when I’m done at work. 
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Danielle
@whiteflame
The problem I have with your arguments is that you are making it seem like he is claiming for the sake of not claiming, which isn't the case. He's not claiming because the basis of forcing him to claim is more than likely a technical glitch on discord. Has nothing to do with behavior in the slightest. If I was in his situation I'd probably take a "Fuck you" stance on claiming as a matter of principal. as well.

"Again I'm voting for you because you said you'd be lynched before you claim. That is not pro town."

If the town are forcing claims based on out of game stuff, then fvck the town. Refusing to claim is pro town when there is a behavioral basis for the pressure. But I don't agree that refusing to claim in this circumstance is anti town. It's not even in the same ball park of "not pro town" as grey parrots popular townie maneuver or mikal getting himself fvcking mod killed or begging people to lynch him because he doesn't feel like defending himself against slight pressure lol.

Speedrace
Speedrace
If the town are forcing claims based on out of game stuff, then fvck the town.
+1

Everyone is acting as if this will give me future precedence to not claim whenever I want, but as I've explained and as history has shown, I have no problem claiming for behavioral pressure or pretty much anything else, as long as it is in-game. This isn't like I'm gonna suddenly stop claiming forever in every game
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Danielle
On DP1 99% of the time the first person that gets pressured is pressured for a bullshit reason or something that would never fly at any other point. We're always grasping at straws. Why the fuck do I have to explain this every DP1. This is why I'm not even going to post on DP1 anymore.

Is there any reason you can think of, any benefit to someone not claiming to baseless pressure? Why were you okay when I didn't want to be pressured in supa's last game when pie made this same argument?
Vader
Vader
Vote Count

Speedrace [2/7] iLikePie5, Danielle
VTNL [1/7] Lunatic

Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Danielle

I took the same stance as speed here in Avatar mafia, and Danielle was totally cool with it.

VTL danielle.

Her logic isn't consistent, I think she's very desperate for a mislynch dp1. I think speed is the clear choice for a mislynch this phase, because of his comment about not claiming without a behavioral reason. Several people obviously are willing to vote for him the second they think they see strong support, and she probably knows she can use that to herd a mislynch here. Whiteflame and Water for example, despite unvoting at various stages will be very easily convinced to jump back on the wagon here. I scum read that bheavior as well, especially whiteflame who seemingly agreed earlier only to hop back on the wagon afterwards.

Oh lookie here, an actual behavioral reason to vote someone for a claim. How about a claim danielle?
Vader
Vader
Vote Count

Speedrace [2/7] iLikePie5, Danielle
Danielle [1/7] Lunatic

MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
Speed gave a character claim at least... good enough for me at least for now.

I'd say Croc or VTNL. Can't say I buy a Danielle lynch from the reason Lunatic gave, but I will be watching to see how it develops. I would like her to explain why she has flipped her stance on this now.